Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #61
VaDave
Team President
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 2,025
Gender: Male
Member Number: 479
Thanks: 636
Thanked 1,194 Times in 701 Posts
Default Re: Who will be our HB next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
We need a Trent Richardson or Alfred Morris. Otherwise, anyone else will be another dud and Ben will be in harms way just the same. The only way to limit stupid play is a solid running back.
We already have an "Alfred Morris" in Dwyer, if he's ever get in good enough shape to play more than three downs in a row....
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #62
tmacsteelerfan
Draft Prospect
 
tmacsteelerfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 129
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13572
Thanks: 14
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: Who will be our HB next year?

I would love to see the Steelers select Gillislee, especially if we manage to snag the man who Hawaii 5-0 has us getting second in his mock draft and that's Tavon Austin. Why I feel that pick would be so valuable for the Steelers is because it would help our offense at multiple positions and greatly increase our special teams production. While I know the Steelers want a physical number one receiver, having Tavon join Brown, and Sanders would make our receiving corp the most dangerous YAC team in the league, seeing that Emmanual and Brown don't cough the ball up like they did last season.
Could you imagine the big plays Tavon will make when in the slot matched up on a linebacker during a play where Ben escapes the pocket and buys more time? I'm saying goal line or TD every time.
Now how this will improve our running game is if Haley is smart, which he was in KC with Charles and Mccluster, he'll try to get the ball in Tavon's hands as much as possible, meaning giving him the ball out of the backfield. Which Tavon creates just as much big plays as passing him the ball out of the slot. With the Gillislee pick we'd have a two back rotation with him and Dwyer, with Gillislee carrying most of the load, and Tavon playing the role Rainey did this season. Although I don't think we'd be able to get him at our spot in the 2nd like Hawaii 5-0 has us getting him, if we could manage to trade down in the first gaining later draft picks, he would be the BPA imo.
Watch these Oklahoma highlights and tell me he's not the biggest playmaker in the draft.
tmacsteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tmacsteelerfan For This Useful Post:
teegre (02-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #63
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 10,814
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 13,398
Thanked 14,126 Times in 5,954 Posts
Default Re: Who will be our HB next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacsteelerfan View Post
I would love to see the Steelers select Gillislee, especially if we manage to snag the man who Hawaii 5-0 has us getting second in his mock draft and that's Tavon Austin. Why I feel that pick would be so valuable for the Steelers is because it would help our offense at multiple positions and greatly increase our special teams production. While I know the Steelers want a physical number one receiver, having Tavon join Brown, and Sanders would make our receiving corp the most dangerous YAC team in the league, seeing that Emmanual and Brown don't cough the ball up like they did last season.
Could you imagine the big plays Tavon will make when in the slot matched up on a linebacker during a play where Ben escapes the pocket and buys more time? I'm saying goal line or TD every time.
Now how this will improve our running game is if Haley is smart, which he was in KC with Charles and Mccluster, he'll try to get the ball in Tavon's hands as much as possible, meaning giving him the ball out of the backfield. Which Tavon creates just as much big plays as passing him the ball out of the slot. With the Gillislee pick we'd have a two back rotation with him and Dwyer, with Gillislee carrying most of the load, and Tavon playing the role Rainey did this season. Although I don't think we'd be able to get him at our spot in the 2nd like Hawaii 5-0 has us getting him, if we could manage to trade down in the first gaining later draft picks, he would be the BPA imo.
Watch these Oklahoma highlights and tell me he's not the biggest playmaker in the draft.
I love Tavon Austin.

I know that he is short, but he is amazing. As you posted, that goal-line run, where he jukes two defenders (who could ahve tackled him very easily) is insane.

I do not think he should eb picked at 17 (too many other needs), but if he somehow drops to R2... he HAS to be considered (personally, I would make the selection in .5 seconds).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #64
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: 75 Miles North of Memphis
Posts: 71
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24064
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Who will be our HB next year?

No not want Lattimore from South Carolina...One knee injury the year before and last's years knee injury was one of the worst I've ever seen.
__________________
"THOUGH I MAY LIVE IN TENNESSEE I HATE THE TITANS...NO TRUE STEELER FAN CAN STAND THE SIGHT OF HOUSTON OILER BLUE"
StevieRayVol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #65
VSP644
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13
Member Number: 24788
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Who will be our HB next year?

I would really love to see us pick Bell from MSU in the draft...he is a bruiser and can be had in the 4th or 5th round....I really like Chris Ivory as a cheap free agent signing!!!
VSP644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:04 AM   #66
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter
 
Galax Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galax Va
Posts: 64,132
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3287
Thanks: 797
Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,103 Posts
Default Re: Who will be our HB next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieRayVol View Post
No not want Lattimore from South Carolina...One knee injury the year before and last's years knee injury was one of the worst I've ever seen.
I have to agree with this we don't need someone who is already injury prone we already have those kind of backs.
__________________
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:51 AM   #67
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 619
Member Number: 24000
Thanks: 86
Thanked 301 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Who will be our HB next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
I have to agree with this we don't need someone who is already injury prone we already have those kind of backs.
Agreed I believe we stay away from guys who have had serious injuries and character issues this draft. April cant come soon enough, at least we got the combine next week.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts