Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-15-2013, 12:39 AM   #101
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: Mike Wallace vs Swann, Ward etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
You're right, why would we talk highly about a guy that's in the Hall of Fame.

Terry Bradshaw only averaged 166 yards a game, why is he in the Hall of Fame? Those stats are garbage. He was a garbage Quarterback that only averaged 166 yards a game. Why did we let him play for so long! He was trash!
Here is an interesting ESPN article that calls Lynn Swann the 3rd most overrated athlete in any sport...

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/alltimeoverrated.html

Weird... ESPN writers bring up the exact same points as me. Who knew?

I think this gives creedence to my view that Swann is far from untouchable. I won't tear Swann down to build Wallace up. That is what Ben's apologists do. What I will say is that the legend of Lynn Swann vastly outshines his actual production.

-Swann has never caught more passes than Wallace in a season. (Tell that different eras bs to Stallworth, Rashad, Jefferson, Charley Taylor etc etc etc who all outshone Wallace statistically in that era compared to this one).

-Stallworth has caught 2 more passes in Superbowls than Wallace despite playing in an additional 3.

-Stallworth himself called Wallace a bigger downfield threat than himself or Swann, and a more talented player.

But I get attacked by a mob of homers for pointing it out.

Swann belong in the HOF as making key contirbutions to a team with 8 HOF players and a HOF coach, but to listen to yall he won the games by himself.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #102
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,503 Times in 10,346 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksburgSteeler13 View Post
It seems as if every Ben/Wallace thread consists of extremists who claim Ben/Wallace is the best player at their respective positions or the absolute worst at their positions. There seem to be very few who aren't on one side or the other of that spectrum. And yeah, Joe Flacco is better is better than Bradshaw... at throwing passes up for grabs and drawing pass interference flags, or at growing a unibrow.
Exactly. Some people are so damned black or white that, they can not agree to ANYTHING that is posted.

I am a BB fan... but, I can see that there are things that he needs to work on.

Yet, if I bring up the fact that he threw game-losing INTs in two games, there is a faction of Steelers fans who will start yelling some asinine drivel, such as: "You hate BB... and hated Terry... and you want Yinxer football. BOOO!!!" What???

On the flip side, there are people on here (and certain other websites where Dong sacks are trademarked) that can not & will not give BB ANY credit for anything... not even for that amazing final drive in XLIII. What???

Somewhere in between is the truth. BB is an amzing QB, but he is not without fault. He has some things that he needs to do better. Ultimately, in my opinion: there is not another QB I'd rather have (his assets far, far outweigh any faults).

Queue the asinine drivel and/or ubiquitous hatred.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
TheVet (02-16-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #103
VaDave
Team Owner

Member Number: 479
Thanked 2,102 Times in 1,141 Posts

tee,

Like I've said, you hang around this board long enough, you will soon find out that everybody sucks, and eveybody hates everybody.... No wonder why nobody gets along.........

Dave
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VaDave For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-15-2013), teegre (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #104
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Exactly. Some people are so damned black or white that, they can not agree to ANYTHING that is posted.

I am a BB fan... but, I can see that there are things that he needs to work on.

Yet, if I bring up the fact that he threw game-losing INTs in two games, there is a faction of Steelers fans who will start yelling some asinine drivel, such as: "You hate BB... and hated Terry... and you want Yinxer football. BOOO!!!" What???

On the flip side, there are people on here (and certain other websites where Dong sacks are trademarked) that can not & will not give BB ANY credit for anything... not even for that amazing final drive in XLIII. What???

Somewhere in between is the truth. BB is an amzing QB, but he is not without fault. He has some things that he needs to do better. Ultimately, in my opinion: there is not another QB I'd rather have (his assets far, far outweigh any faults).

Queue the asinine drivel and/or ubiquitous hatred.
I agree completely, it's annoying trying to have a discussion when people on both sides want to be so dogmatic and ABSOLUTE about everthing. Take Wallace for example, as soon as he fumbled, just once, in a game last year, there were countless posts accusing him of being a fumbling machine, acting like it was a rarity for him to ever hold onto the ball. I never get why it has to be "either/or all the way" for some people. Why does Ben have to either be the best QB weve ever seen or a lucky improvising dipshit who rode great defenses to championships? Why does Wallace have to be better than Jerry Rice or a "one-trick" peon that hurts us more than he helps us. I'll never get it, if people were reasonable they'd see the truth is somewhere in the middle of those extreme statements.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikegrimey For This Useful Post:
Blacksburg Zach (02-15-2013), harrison'samonster (02-15-2013), pete74 (02-15-2013), teegre (02-15-2013), TheVet (02-16-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #105
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,503 Times in 10,346 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
tee,

Like I've said, you hang around this board long enough, you will soon find out that everybody sucks, and eveybody hates everybody.... No wonder why nobody gets along.........

Dave
Well, we all can agree on one thing:
Hines Ward sucks!!!
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #106
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,814 Times in 1,076 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Well, we all can agree on one thing:
Hines Ward sucks!!!
The worst ever. He was an utter embarrassment to the game, what with his constant smiling, taking cheap shots on defenders, and catching only 1000 passes during his career.
Blacksburg Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #107
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Yeah Hines Ward retired 8 catches short of tripling Swann's career total. I am going to have to say Swann was much much better than Ward because he is in the HOF and Ward is not. If Ward had caught 1010 catches or more I would have given the nod. My opinion is important to Hines Ward and I know for a fact Hines reads this forum every night. Sorry Hines! Better luck next career! Hopefully you are a better commentator.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #108
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

More food for thought:

Wallace is in the same class as Megatron. Know how I know? It has been brought up in the media more than once. Wallace is in the conversation with the best receiver in the game right now. That says a lot about how good he is.

When was the last time you heard Emmanuel Sanders compared to Megatron?

Heath Miller has been compared to Jason Witten.

Roethlisberger has been compared to Elway.

Good players get compared to good players.

And another thing:

Mike Wallace has made less than 4.5 million dollars for the 4 years he has spent in the league. Wouldn't you holdout if you were being compared to Megatron while making 600 000 a year? In his entire career Wallace has made just over one third of what Megatron made this year.

Are you telling me Johnson is 3 times better than Wallace? Now who is being ridiculous.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #109
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
More food for thought:

Wallace is in the same class as Megatron. Know how I know? It has been brought up in the media more than once. Wallace is in the conversation with the best receiver in the game right now. That says a lot about how good he is.
lol lloyd, you're turning this thread into the longest troll ever!!!

The black and gold ostrich of rebuilding denial.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #110
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,707 Times in 4,780 Posts

Mike Wallace in the same class as Megatron.

I mean, does that even deserve an answer? I don't even know if he's being serious right now. I can't tell.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote