Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #101
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,664 Times in 944 Posts
Default Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
So are you saying that our entire offense's numbers are inflated because we play the Bengals and Browns four times a year? And that all of the other receivers numbers are due to having Ben as a QB? Damn man you've got it bad. Give Mike his due, the dude is a top shelf WR. Just because you and some others don't like him, that doesn't take away from his skills on the field. He is well respected around the league.

Given your logic, I guess we should knock Brady down a notch or two because he plays Buf, Mia and the Jets twice a year. Give that BS a rest man. It must be too fuckin cold up there in Canada for rational thinking.
Actually, playing lesser talent does have a way of making one look better..........just saying.....

I think the deal with Wallace is we will miss him when he's gone, we will not be a better team with his departure, but we will move on, and there will be Steeler Football played in 2013 and beyond.

As for him getting a mega contract, he deserves what he gets, which will be a great deal more that what the Steelers will pay him. As for a team that is willing to over pay him, I.E, the Dolphins, there are reasons they have not been as competitive, not spending their money prudently might be one of them.
VaDave is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VaDave For This Useful Post:
SteelersCanada (03-02-2013)
Old 03-03-2013, 05:22 AM   #102
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Numbers are for LOSERS! Where was he when this team needed a play to close a game out? He was standing watching the other guy who intercepted the ball and not coming back to the ball. Anyone who pays a receiver more then 8 million per is a moron. Especially a quitter.
Do you understand what an out route is? If so I assume you never played football because you dont seem to understand this. There is no receiver in this world thats going to catch a ball thrown behind you that far on an out route. Wallace was supposed to run as fast as he can off the line. Once he hit his target which was 7 or 8 yards out he turns on a 90 degree angle to his right and the ball is supposed to be there before he hits the sideline. He is running as fast as he can and its a short pass.
If you want to blame anybody for that play then blame Rothlisbetger because it was his fault.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #103
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,664 Times in 944 Posts

Out routes are not Ben's best pass, especially to his right. He's often late and soft. I've been saying that for years. As for the rest of his throws of his other throws, he's pretty stinking good, although with a guy like Wallace, Ben should anticipate Wallace getting open, until he actually clears before throwing the long bomb. The numbers would have been much better JMO
VaDave is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VaDave For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (03-03-2013), sluggermatt15 (03-03-2013)
Old 03-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #104
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Do you understand what an out route is? If so I assume you never played football because you dont seem to understand this. There is no receiver in this world thats going to catch a ball thrown behind you that far on an out route. Wallace was supposed to run as fast as he can off the line. Once he hit his target which was 7 or 8 yards out he turns on a 90 degree angle to his right and the ball is supposed to be there before he hits the sideline. He is running as fast as he can and its a short pass.
If you want to blame anybody for that play then blame Rothlisbetger because it was his fault.
And Ben has admitted that it's all on his own about that play.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #105
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,131 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
I know what an out route is and I also know when a player half asses it. Wallace played like a scared little girl this year so he wouldnt get hurt. Hes a bitch and I want that clown off this team. He was one of a few things on this team that caused so much unrest.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #106
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
I know what an out route is and I also know when a player half asses it. Wallace played like a scared little girl this year so he wouldnt get hurt. Hes a bitch and I want that clown off this team. He was one of a few things on this team that caused so much unrest.
I'm not Wallace's biggest fan by any means, I'm just sick of people blaming everything on him. He definitely had a bad year but so did Brown and Brown made alot more money. I don't care if Wallace is on the team this season or not, I trust our GM so whatever he does us fine with me.
As for that out Wallace ran, it was a perfect pattern. Ben wasn't 100 percent from his injury and tossed a bad pass at the worst time. It wouldn't of happened before his injury and if our line can't stay healthy then it dosnt really matter who he throws to next year because he will get hurt again and the same things will happen.
As for Wallace being a clown, he had a horrible year by his standard but still led all our wide receivers. He had an awesome first three years so like Woodley I'm not going to write him off because of one bad season. He did things his first three years in the NFL that is almost unmatchable
Old 03-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #107
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,082 Times in 3,742 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
I'm not Wallace's biggest fan by any means, I'm just sick of people blaming everything on him. He definitely had a bad year but so did Brown and Brown made alot more money. I don't care if Wallace is on the team this season or not, I trust our GM so whatever he does us fine with me.
I agree with this 100%.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #108
scottcurtis
Banned

Member Number: 24767

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
Out routes are not Ben's best pass, especially to his right. He's often late and soft. I've been saying that for years. As for the rest of his throws of his other throws, he's pretty stinking good, although with a guy like Wallace, Ben should anticipate Wallace getting open, until he actually clears before throwing the long bomb. The numbers would have been much better JMO

Ben has a terrible deep ball, frankly it blows ! Cant tell if I'm watching a QB or Duck Dynasty !!!!!!!!
scottcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #109
scottcurtis
Banned

Member Number: 24767

Quote:
Find me another WR with 24 touchdowns and as many yards as Wallace his first 3 years not named Randy Moss. Especially a third rounder.
Im not saying Wallace is the best WR because he isnt but he's a lot better then many of you give him credit for
Thats because the only 2 other WR's in NFL HISTORY to have a better first 3 years were Moss & Rice ...pretty good company I'd say... all these yinzer's will be crying when he's lighting it up somewhere else !
scottcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #110
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
As for that out Wallace ran, it was a perfect pattern. Ben wasn't 100 percent from his injury and tossed a bad pass at the worst time. It wouldn't of happened before his injury and if our line can't stay healthy then it dosnt really matter who he throws to next year because he will get hurt again and the same things will happen.
As for Wallace being a clown, he had a horrible year by his standard but still led all our wide receivers. He had an awesome first three years so like Woodley I'm not going to write him off because of one bad season. He did things his first three years in the NFL that is almost unmatchable
He is a one-trick pony. He failed because he has poor fundamentals and no heart. He needs to learn how to catch with hands extended. Most of all he needs to fight for passes and not give up on plays

Wallace would have been making more than Brown, but he chose not to sign. Wallace has no one to blame but himself.

Look at the poor effort Wallace gave in his contract year. How do you think he would have played if given that huge contract?