Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #61
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,214 Times in 2,565 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
I have a gut feeling that NE restructured Brady to sign Wallace. There were talks on ESPN Radio this morning that it was to resign Volmer AND Welker. I think it was to resign Volmer and sign Wallace.

I don't . NE thrives on everyone doing their job to perfection, not raw talent. Wallace is the opposite. He will just piss off Brady and the hoody.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #62
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,864 Times in 8,673 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
I have a gut feeling that NE restructured Brady to sign Wallace. There were talks on ESPN Radio this morning that it was to resign Volmer AND Welker. I think it was to resign Volmer and sign Wallace.
I was saying the same thing in another thread: Wallace... or Bowe.

Interestingly, immediately after Brady resigned, BB restructured... and I mean IMMEDIATELY.

Why? Well, BB has stated that "his" priority is to get Wallace re-signed. I've predicted that BB would give up some of his own money, to ensure that his favorite target gets resigned. And thus, the timing suggests that once BB saw that Wallace would not only leave, but go to the hated Taperiots, he immediately volunteered to restructure.

I still think that Wallace wants too much money for either the Steelers or Taperiots to "comfortably" pay; whereas, the Dolphins have lots of disposable cash. BUT, now that the Taperiots have the funds, the also have the ability (if they so choose) to indeed sign Wallace.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #63
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Interestingly, immediately after Brady resigned, BB restructured... and I mean IMMEDIATELY.

Why? Well, BB has stated that "his" priority is to get Wallace re-signed. I've predicted that BB would give up some of his own money, to ensure that his favorite target gets resigned. And thus, the timing suggests that once BB saw that Wallace would not only leave, but go to the hated Taperiots, he immediately volunteered to restructure.

I still think that Wallace wants too much money for either the Steelers or Taperiots to "comfortably" pay; whereas, the Dolphins have lots of disposable cash. BUT, now that the Taperiots have the funds, the also have the ability (if they so choose) to indeed sign Wallace.
BB hasn't restructured.....yet. The Steelers just start to talk with him about restructure. That's the right time to start the talk if they want to get it below the cap. And the Steelers may wait until last minute to finalise the restructure anyway. So the franchise tag QB cap hit doesn't get lower and helps the Ravens.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #64
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,657 Times in 939 Posts

BB and the FO are waiting for the Flacco deal to finalize before any numbers are discused. Both sides are in agreement the contract will be restructured, but there is no concenses on the final numbers, and possible extentions.

Me, while we are at it, I'd offer an extention now as opposed to later so we can spread the cap hit over a longer period of time. I'm pretty sure even with all the griping posted here about Ben, nobody really wants to see him go. We may as well keep him for the duration of his career.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #65
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,690 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Patriots to target Mike Wallace?

February 26, 2013 by Paul Jackiewicz

Not only did Tom Brady’s new contract free up some cap space to potentially re-sign Wes Welker, it could also help the Patriots finally acquire the deep threat they’ve been looking for.

As Ian Rapoport of NFL.com points out, Wallace “has always garnered” the praise of Patriots head coach Bill Belichick.

Belichick and the Patriots know Brady doesn’t have a lot of time left in the NFL as he gets ready to turn 36 this year, they might be willing to overpay for a player like Wallace to try to get at least one more Super Bowl title.

It will be interesting to see what happens once free agency kicks off on March 12th.

http://network.yardbarker.com
Old 02-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #66
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Wallace may get that 2000 yards he talked about if he goes to New England
Old 02-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #67
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Restructuring 9 times out of ten helps the player more. I'd love to see someone " really " give up money to help the team.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #68
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Wallace may get that 2000 yards he talked about if he goes to New England
Nah...He is just not that good.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #69
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,075 Times in 3,742 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Nah...He is just not that good.
I agree with you, 2000 is out of his reach. But he will make that offense a lot better if that's were he ends up.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #70
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,089 Times in 4,285 Posts

There's only one receiver in the NFL capable of 2000 yards right now and his name is Megatron. We're kidding ourselves if we think anyone else could do it.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote