Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #51
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,755 Times in 1,799 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Antonio Brown says the Steelers’ locker room was divided last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
yeah, but you dont have to be in the band to know the music you are hearing sucks...
Tony's on fire today (ok, so I'm smooching butt lol) but seriously - you pretty much summed up the past months debates with your last 2-3 posts

I guess if you're the new guy in town and everyone lets the popular butthead be a butthead and be "in control" - you really don't stand a chance to improve anything

que 80s music

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #52
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,247 Times in 4,388 Posts
My Mood: Worried

Steelers restructure Antonio Brown’s contract

February 27, 2013 by Paul Jackiewicz

In order to get under the salary cap, the Pittsburgh Steelers have been working on restructuring the contracts of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. They just finished redoing linebacker Lawrence Timmons’ contract today.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Steelers have also restructured wide receiver Antonio Browns contract.

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet

#Steelers restructured WR Antonio Brown's deal, lowing base to $650,000 with a $3.85M signing bonus (h/t @ProFootballTalk). Cap space: > $3M

8:04 PM - 27 Feb 13

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...tract/13010659
Old 02-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #53
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,972 Times in 8,007 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
yeah, but you dont have to be in the band to know the music you are hearing sucks...
Q: What has 9 arms and sucks?
A: Def Leppard
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #54
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,247 Times in 4,388 Posts
My Mood: Worried

Brown: 'Awkwardness' with Mike Wallace

FEB 26
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown told ESPN last week that there was a division in the Steelers' locker room. Then he told ESPN Radio in New York that his relationship with wide receiver Mike Wallace wasn't exactly perfect after he signed a six-year, $43 million contract during Wallace's holdout last summer.

Asked if there was awkwardness between himself and Wallace last season, Brown said, “Some bit of awkwardness. You know, a guy who has been there longer than I and definitely wanting a deal, but you've got to not dwell on that and that kind of situation prohibits bad blood to a team where guys are there for themselves, and not buy into the team aspects and could definitely cause a drama within a team.”

Could Brown's comments on a divided locker room and Wallace be related? Quite possibly. When Brown said some players weren't on the same page last season, one assumption is he was talking about Wallace, whose contract was on the forefront of his mind.

Just think that a contract could get in the way of the self-proclaimed "Young Money Crew." Tragic. The Steelers won't have to worry about Wallace much longer because it's expected that he'll sign elsewhere when free agency begins next month.

Brown, though, wasn't done describing a lackadaisical Steelers team that finished 8-8 last year, with half of those losses coming to teams with losing records.

"I think guys were going out there thinking, ‘We are the Steelers and we just going to roll into games,’" Brown said. "But we've got to take poise and leadership and understand the importance of winning games and getting on it and taking it seriously and get on with what we've got to do."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...h-mike-wallace