Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #71
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: Steve Breaston

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I think Manny has that locked down.
Sanders has proved during Brown's absence he is nothing more than average.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #72
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 13,649 Times in 5,606 Posts
My Mood: Amazed

Report: Breaston considering knee procedure

Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2013

Well, perhaps we now know why receiver Steve Breaston has not signed with a new team since being cut by the Chiefs.

Per Adam Schefter of ESPN, Breaston is considering the so-called “Regenokine treatment” in Germany for a lingering knee problem.

Schefter writes that Breaston, who recently visited the Browns and Steelers, has “knee inflammation and early arthritic symptoms.”

The procedure entails removing blood, incubating it at an elevated temperature, spinning it in a centrifuge to make a serum, and then injecting it to fight inflammation.

In leaking this info to the media, Breaston’s camp is walking a fine line between maintaining the impression that he can pass a physical without it and creating the perception that he could end up being even better if it works.

Indeed, Breaston, Schefter writes, believes the procedure isn’t needed. Breaston’s family and agent are pushing him to do it.

Regardless of whether he undergoes the procedure, he plans to keep trying to improve the knee. Which means that the knee, while possibly “fine,” isn’t 100 percent.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nee-procedure/
Old 03-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #73
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,388 Times in 4,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Sanders has proved during Brown's absence he is nothing more than average.
How so? Brown's absence was also marred by Ben's injury. Judging a Wide Receiver by the play of a second and third string Quarterback is a mistake. If he plays to his potential, he's the best receiver on this team. He needs to stop getting himself injured and stay on the field because when he's on the field, he's actually very talented.

I'm afraid his career will turn into a mess of injuries, though.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #74
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
How so? Brown's absence was also marred by Ben's injury. Judging a Wide Receiver by the play of a second and third string Quarterback is a mistake. If he plays to his potential, he's the best receiver on this team. He needs to stop getting himself injured and stay on the field because when he's on the field, he's actually very talented.

I'm afraid his career will turn into a mess of injuries, though.
Problem is he is a 1200 yard wideout with 6 td's in 3 years. He was not injured this year and still played like a free agent from a div 3 school.

44 catches for 650 yards and 1 td is not someone you want to depend on.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #75
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Problem is he is a 1200 yard wideout with 6 td's in 3 years. He was not injured this year and still played like a free agent from a div 3 school.

44 catches for 650 yards and 1 td is not someone you want to depend on.
There's an argument to be made that for a third Wide Receiver, that's not bad. Especially since, ya know, the whole team was adopting a new playbook and even Roethlisberger struggled at times.

I think it's unreasonable to expect a guy like Sanders to put up 1000 yards when he's behind both Manny and Wallace. We ran quite a few 3 wide sets, granted, but he wasn't the third read. Wallace, Brown and Miller were the three targets ahead of him and, let's be honest here, one of those guys (probably Heath) is going to be open for the checkdown or in Heath's case, the TE streak.

Let's judge him now that he's going to be the second WR and the second read for Roethlisberger. If he puts up similar numbers and disappoints, then we can legitimately criticize him. Until then, I'm going to be lighter and more optimistic on this kids potential and ceiling than most are. He has the potential to be a 1200 + yard 10 TD receiver, he just needs to be given the opportunity and stay healthy. Both of those things haven't happened for him yet.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #76
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,709 Times in 4,272 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Steelers Canada, I share your optimism for Sanders. I want to see what he does now that he will be on the field more. However, I do agree that he hasn't shown much yet, but he's still young.
SteelersCanada (03-02-2013)
Old 03-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #77
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
Steelers Canada, I share your optimism for Sanders. I want to see what he does now that he will be on the field more. However, I do agree that he hasn't shown much yet, but he's still young.
Oh, he's definitely not wrong. I'm just choosing to look at this Glass o' Manny as half full.
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (03-02-2013)