Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #31
VaDave
Team Owner

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,065 Posts
Default Re: Steelers echoing Jets dysfunctional ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
While I appreciate your point and as I stated in my post there is plenty of optimism to take away from this season, you're being very naive if you don't think there are issues with this football team.
Bettter yet, name one team that doesn't have issues.....

Of couse we got issues, and some are great. The biggest is an overall lack of talent competitively speaking. And that trend will continue until we get players playing better, either with new ones with more talent, or the ones we have improve. Unfortunately, that process takes time. Exactly the amount of time Steeler Nation has apparently decided is unacceptable.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #32
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
Bettter yet, name one team that doesn't have issues.....

Of couse we got issues, and some are great. The biggest is an overall lack of talent competitively speaking. And that trend will continue until we get players playing better, either with new ones with more talent, or the ones we have improve. Unfortunately, that process takes time. Exactly the amount of time Steeler Nation has apparently decided is unacceptable.
I left the 2012office season feeling satisfied so don't speak for me when you suggest what "the Steeler Nation" finds unacceptable.

Furthermore..Im a Steeler fan, I don't care about anyone elses' issues. Yes it takes time, it takes leadership, and it takes good decisions. But don't sit here and tell me i am one of those people throwing in the towel. I might be the only person on most forums(or one of the few) that had the balls to say we are going to win the divison for the next two seasons. I feel that way because A) Im not too blinded with homerism and naivety to admit we have some potentially major issues. B) I am smart enough to realize that despite the fact I dont always agree with the decision making it always seems to wotk oit for the best, and C) We probably were a couple healthy players and wins away from winning this years Super Bowl.

Plus WE'RE THAT DAMN GOOD!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #33
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 24,507 Times in 9,932 Posts
My Mood: Dead

wwchickok,

Not to be argumentative, but you point out the biggest Catch-22. People wanted to cut Smith, Ward, and Farrior (rightfully so, because they were not longer effective)... but, these same people complain about losing leader ship.

Now, people want more leadership, but simultaneously want to cut Harrison, Polamalu, & Clark.

It's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type of scenario.

It would be great if someone else (BB, Pouncey) took the reins... but, simply, they just don't seem like the "leader" type. They are great players, but they don't have that "Listen up!!" type of disposition.

Anyway, like I posted before, the in-fighting, or more importantly, talking to the media about the in-fighting, needs to stop. That is a valid point. But, if not for BB's injury, Shein would have been dead wrong about this season.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #34
VaDave
Team Owner

[QUOTE=wwhickok;1086730]I left the 2012office season feeling satisfied so don't speak for me when you suggest what "the Steeler Nation" finds unacceptable.

Furthermore..Im a Steeler fan, I don't care about anyone elses' issues. Yes it takes time, it takes leadership, and it takes good decisions. But don't sit here and tell me i am one of those people throwing in the towel. I might be the only person on most forums(or one of the few) that had the balls to say we are going to win the divison for the next two seasons. I feel that way because A) Im not too blinded with homerism and naivety to admit we have some potentially major issues. B) I am smart enough to realize that despite the fact I dont always agree with the decision making it always seems to wotk oit for the best, and C) We probably were a couple healthy players and wins away from winning this years Super Bowl.

Plus WE'RE THAT DAMN GOOD![/QUOTE

There is no reason to take any responses from me personally. I did not single you out, my comments were and have been directed at Steeler Nation at large. For the most part I'm on board with you. I agree with we are short one of two players from a championship.... but that was last season.

With us losing as many as 15-20 players this year, and looking at another 20 contracts expiring after the 2013 season, don't you think we may be more than one or two players away from a championship going forward? Seriously, where are these replacements going to come from? You only have 7 draft picks, and with our FA budget at about $0, that is an issue. It is a huge issue, and probably the biggest one we have.

Looking forward to this coming season however, our D isn't shabby, and if we get any sort of consistent line play on O, we're going to be a tough out as long as Ben doesn't turn the ball over in crunch time.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #35
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,772 Times in 4,298 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:

Furthermore..Im a Steeler fan, I don't care about anyone elses' issues.
i appreciate your optimism, but I disagree with your attitude toward other teams' problems. Understanding that every team has such problems puts our own issues in context.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #36
VaDave
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
wwchickok,

Not to be argumentative, but you point out the biggest Catch-22. People wanted to cut Smith, Ward, and Farrior (rightfully so, because they were not longer effective)... but, these same people complain about losing leader ship.

Now, people want more leadership, but simultaneously want to cut Harrison, Polamalu, & Clark.

It's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type of scenario.

It would be great if someone else (BB, Pouncey) took the reins... but, simply, they just don't seem like the "leader" type. They are great players, but they don't have that "Listen up!!" type of disposition.

Anyway, like I posted before, the in-fighting, or more importantly, talking to the media about the in-fighting, needs to stop. That is a valid point. But, if not for BB's injury, Shein would have been dead wrong about this season.
No to mention the accumulation of injuries on the OL, I knew it was over when we had a game when Foster played 3 different positions lol.......
Old 02-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #37
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

Dave, I assure you i didnt take it personally, simply stressing where i stand. In thethe long run, we arehave definitely morefair than athe couple guyshealthy away. Im nota predicitng a SuperSteeler Bowl win. But lookthe at the Colts for instance, no one is going to argue that they have an allstar cast and they still madeam the playoffs with a very good Qb. Teegre, very good points. Harrison i look at it from the point of view of others' situatiins not ultimately controlling ours.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #38
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Hines Ward: Pittsburgh Steelers are in 'total disarray'
By Kevin Patra NFL.com
Published: Feb. 22, 2013 at 09:56 a.m. Updated: Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:30 a.m.

After an unnamed teammate blasted LaMarr Woodley in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, saying the linebacker was "awful" and out of shape, a popular motif explaining the fracture was that the Pittsburgh Steelers lost too many veteran leaders from the previous seasons.

One of those leaders, Hines Ward, who retired after the Steelers decided not bring him back for the 2012 season, told "NFL AM" Friday morning those quotes wouldn't have come out of the locker rooms he was part of.

"When you lose so much leadership in the locker room, that's when things present itself like that," Ward said. "Guys start finger-pointing, calling out other guys. That is not the Steeler way. We've always had a rule: We are a band of brothers. We've always collectively kept everything in house. ... But there was no finger-pointing and calling each other out. That's a total disarray, a locker room in disarray."

(Read More and Watch Interview:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...total-disarray

__________________________________________________ _____________

This is part of the reason I wanted Ward to stick around for one more year. I realize his production had fallen off greatly, but his leadership was invaluable to this team. Same with Farrior. The leadership void is the biggest problem facing the Steelers right now. If a couple of guys can step up and assume that role effectively next year, I think they can rebound and get back to being a championship caliber team. Guys like Ben, Troy, Clark, Miller, Brown, and Woodley (as long as he starts taking things more seriously and gets himself in shape first) should be the ones taking the reins of this team right now.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-22-2013)
Old 02-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #39
VaDave
Team Owner

Quote:
Dave, I assure you i didnt take it personally, simply stressing where i stand. In thethe long run, we arehave definitely morefair than athe couple guyshealthy away. Im nota predicitng a SuperSteeler Bowl win. But lookthe at the Colts for instance, no one is going to argue that they have an allstar cast and they still madeam the playoffs with a very good Qb. Teegre, very good points. Harrison i look at it from the point of view of others' situatiins not ultimately controlling ours.
Ww cooll!!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #40
VaDave
Team Owner

Quote:
. But lookthe at the Colts for instance, no one is going to argue that they have an allstar cast .
Must have been the coach..... LOL!!!!

Seriously, the margin of victory is thin, and as you said, one or two players.... or better yet, one or two plays over a season of over a thousand, can cause it to go down the drain.

Last edited by VaDave; 02-22-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: gramer