Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 03-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #131
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713
Default Re: Steelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret'

Its Monday, unleaa something drastic happens, Lewis is leaving. Im not scurred. I like Allen.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #132
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,915 Times in 1,895 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Let's keep the Asian racist slurs off this board please.

In all seriousness, I kind of agree with ya. We can dump him, maybe get a draft pick in a trade and see what Allen and Lewis can do. Well have a few painful years but decent draft picks to go along with them. With or without ike, if we cant fix this offense then we are gonna have a few shitty years anyways. May as well get young in all areas. Maybe in 3 years we can get one more honest run out of Ben and the team.
with all the change going on - I still don't see us going backwards - at worst, I see another 8-8 or 9-7 season this coming year - I think whoever is left from last year has that bad taste in their mouth, and might carry the team just enough to get back into the playoffs as a wildcard - anything can happen, especially with the Ravens possibly losing Ellerbe, Kruger, Reed and Boldin - that's 4 key starters - no one is saying that their pass rush is about to take a big hit too

By 2014 season though I expect them to seriously contend - they might even overachieve this coming season. It's kinda refreshing to be counted out - I'm hoping they can play with a nothing to lose attitude now that expectations are lowered

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
Millers the sh!t (03-11-2013)
Old 03-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #133
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
with all the change going on - I still don't see us going backwards - at worst, I see another 8-8 or 9-7 season this coming year - I think whoever is left from last year has that bad taste in their mouth, and might carry the team just enough to get back into the playoffs as a wildcard - anything can happen, especially with the Ravens possibly losing Ellerbe, Kruger, Reed and Boldin - that's 4 key starters - no one is saying that their pass rush is about to take a big hit too

By 2014 season though I expect them to seriously contend - they might even overachieve this coming season. It's kinda refreshing to be counted out - I'm hoping they can play with a nothing to lose attitude now that expectations are lowered
Agreed except for the 2014. I'd say our biggest weakness is our line. I guarantee another injury or two that will derail growth cohesion and consistency. I doubt we will fix out biggest weakness by 2014. But if we do then I'd say we'd def make the playoffs. Our linebackers that we pick up or develope or whatever effort we get from them will determine how far we go in the playoffs which I think will be a 2-3 year process forwarders and o line consistency...... But, What I meant by a few shitty years was Like last year. Finishing 8-8 just missing the playoffs. But having these vets and knowing that if certain people tried to their potential, or if a few pick sixes weren't thrown, or injuries didn't happen, or if every running back didn't fumble the ball twice in one game wed be in the playoffs. Stuff like that bothers me more than just having a legit bad season because of young players. Wasted talent and potential sickens me. Especially when you are getting paid millions every year.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #134
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

I try not to think too far into the future. I'm just excited.for the draft and I hope McClendon and Allen can get more starting time. I'm high on these kids and I hope they excel. Also looking for decastro to have a full healthy season and see if this cat is the next faneca like people say.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #135
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,650 Times in 934 Posts

Miller,

I assume you are talking about our DL, and if so, yep, it could be better. Hood is totally worthless against ZBS. I saw some one on one blocking on him where he almost got a seat on the bench.... seriously, he can't hold his ground and gets turned way too often. And this is the guy who's supposed to be one of the strongest guys on the team? Heyward isn't much better, and can't seem to get his hands free to reach out and tackle somebody running right by him.

In order for LeBeau's D to work, the DL has to keep the linebackers clean. They can't allow blocks at the second level on our ILBs. Frankly, the last couple of years this aspect has getting worse by the game.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #136
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,077 Times in 3,188 Posts

Peter King predicts Keenan Lewis is going to get rich

This is King's ranking of Lewis as #8 of the top 50 free agents (King ranks Wallace at #5)

8. Keenan Lewis, CB, Pittsburgh

2012: 23 pass breakups, 1 forced fumble

Best fit: San Francisco

You'll have to overpay for the man who led the NFL in passes defensed last year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...index.html#all

And King follows up with this comment in his MMQB column this morning

Three under-the-radar guys generating more interest than you've heard: Steelers corner Keenan Lewis, Jets defensive end/tackle Mike DeVito, Chargers guard Louis Vasquez.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...013/index.html

Steelers guessed wrong on waiting to see how Lewis handled being a starter and not signing him prior to the 2012 season - that was the prudent move at the time but it has blown up on the front office
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atlanta Dan For This Useful Post:
steelfury02 (03-11-2013)
Old 03-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #137
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
I try not to think too far into the future. I'm just excited.for the draft and I hope McClendon and Allen can get more starting time. I'm high on these kids and I hope they excel. Also looking for decastro to have a full healthy season and see if this cat is the next faneca like people say.
I'm excited by McClendon, Allen, and Heyward - I think Heyward is a guy that just needs more game experience

Hood, he's kinda running out of time to solidify his position IMO - I def think he should be a little further along - and, that's not comparing him to Smith - one of the best ever to hold it down - that's not ever a fair comparison for anyone

Your comment about wasted potential is spot on - I can handle a young, inexperienced team losing - but, we all know about the attitude that permeated in the locker room and onto the field - playing down to your competition is one thing - most teams get up for the Steelers as well - that's not said enough - but,. to not pull out at least half of those games is worrisome - I think some of that mindset will be gone now though - I forsee Tomlin becoming a little bit more of a hard ass and getting after them in training camp this season

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
Old 03-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #138
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Peter King predicts Keenan Lewis is going to get rich

This is King's ranking of Lewis as #8 of the top 50 free agents (King ranks Wallace at #5)

8. Keenan Lewis, CB, Pittsburgh

2012: 23 pass breakups, 1 forced fumble

Best fit: San Francisco

You'll have to overpay for the man who led the NFL in passes defensed last year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...index.html#all

And King follows up with this comment in his MMQB column this morning

Three under-the-radar guys generating more interest than you've heard: Steelers corner Keenan Lewis, Jets defensive end/tackle Mike DeVito, Chargers guard Louis Vasquez.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...013/index.html

Steelers guessed wrong on waiting to see how Lewis handled being a starter and not signing him prior to the 2012 season - that was the prudent move at the time but it has blown up on the front office
If they were waiting to get 1 more good season out of him before pulling the trigger to ensure it wasn't an anomaly - I can understand that, but - it sucks royally - I'm going to keep that faith that Carnell Lake will revitalize Gay, and, more importantly - help another not named yet rise up to compete in the next year or two

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
Old 03-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #139
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,650 Times in 934 Posts

I can't argue about the season that Lewis had, considering the injuries ( his included), and the shifting around of personnel. That was a totally awesome effort on his part, and he deserves to be paid for it.

That said, Allen is going to be a better corner, if he isn't already.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #140
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
Its Monday, unleaa something drastic happens, Lewis is leaving. Im not scurred. I like Allen.
I think Allen will be better. The problem is CB depth. They better draft a CB in late rounds this year. Gay should be strictly a nickelback/ No.4 CB.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote