Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
VSP644
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13
Member Number: 24788
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default What a kickoff to Free Agency!!!

I know that most people dont like the guys we have already lost in Wallace and Mendenhall but with those losses we have taken a major step back. We now have really two unknowns at WR and no one at RB...has anyone heard or read anything if we plan on bringing anyone in to address these two areas...the draft is an unknown...we havent drafted well for awhile!!!
VSP644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7,556
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 5,609
Thanked 10,008 Times in 4,256 Posts
Default Re: What a kickoff to Free Agency!!!

You're right, we haven't drafted well in a while. We've only drafted two Pro Bowl Wide Receivers in the third and sixth rounds, and then found two very, very talented CBs in the third and fourth rounds. Then, we've found a receiver with all the potential and ceiling to be the best receiver on this team if given the opportunity to succeed. If that wasn't enough, we've seemed to have found another good Tackle in the seventh round and, on top of that, a quality Tight End again in the seventh round. Combine that with two Tackles whom have impressed and will probably start this year who we took in the second round, and I can see how you came to such a conclusion.

We've drafted fine.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
steelax04's Avatar
 
HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,479
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12182
Thanks: 363
Thanked 725 Times in 333 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: What a kickoff to Free Agency!!!

Is this a "start a new thread for every thought" day? There are plenty of threads already talking about FA and drafting...
__________________
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
VaDave
Team President
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 2,384
Gender: Male
Member Number: 479
Thanks: 812
Thanked 1,651 Times in 934 Posts
Default Re: What a kickoff to Free Agency!!!

It's a dance not a sprint. We will come out fine. Some come some go, but over the long haul, we do this drill as well as anybody and have the record to prove it.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 9,264
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 8,338
Thanked 11,018 Times in 4,670 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: What a kickoff to Free Agency!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
Is this a "start a new thread for every thought" day? There are plenty of threads already talking about FA and drafting...
has anyone heard anything new about Mike Wallace?
__________________
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaii 5-0 For This Useful Post:
teegre (03-13-2013)
Old 03-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #6
Fire Haley
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,359
Member Number: 763
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: What a kickoff to Free Agency!!!

there's no whining in football
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
TheVet
Assistant Coach
 
TheVet's Avatar
 
Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,235
Member Number: 24040
Thanks: 417
Thanked 504 Times in 291 Posts
Default Re: What a kickoff to Free Agency!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSP644 View Post
I know that most people dont like the guys we have already lost in Wallace and Mendenhall but with those losses we have taken a major step back. We now have really two unknowns at WR and no one at RB...has anyone heard or read anything if we plan on bringing anyone in to address these two areas...the draft is an unknown...we havent drafted well for awhile!!!
We lost our #3 RB, and his attitude problem as well. I believe we improved in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
You're right, we haven't drafted well in a while. We've only drafted two Pro Bowl Wide Receivers in the third and sixth rounds, and then found two very, very talented CBs in the third and fourth rounds. Then, we've found a receiver with all the potential and ceiling to be the best receiver on this team if given the opportunity to succeed. If that wasn't enough, we've seemed to have found another good Tackle in the seventh round and, on top of that, a quality Tight End again in the seventh round. Combine that with two Tackles whom have impressed and will probably start this year who we took in the second round, and I can see how you came to such a conclusion.

We've drafted fine.
In all fairness, we've had a lot of misses in drafts over the past 5-6 years as well. Especially in LB area, and in our #1's (with the exceptions of DD and Pouncey). I wish we did a bit better with our high picks, but we have found some gems in the later rounds.

On the positive side, this puts the Mendy/Sweed draft debacle behind us at last.
__________________

The black and gold ostrich of rebuilding denial.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
austinfrench76
Head Coach
 
austinfrench76's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,676
Member Number: 3516
Thanks: 816
Thanked 545 Times in 338 Posts
Default Re: What a kickoff to Free Agency!!!

How many times are we gonna be sucked in by this troll. Damn it! Now I got sucked in too...I'm out.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #9
TRH
Living Legend
 
TRH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 4,460
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17206
Thanks: 103
Thanked 244 Times in 167 Posts
Default Re: What a kickoff to Free Agency!!!

it hasn't just been a "kickoff" around here.

The entire league has been crazy busy active.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #10
VaDave
Team President
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 2,384
Gender: Male
Member Number: 479
Thanks: 812
Thanked 1,651 Times in 934 Posts
Default Re: What a kickoff to Free Agency!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
it hasn't just been a "kickoff" around here.

The entire league has been crazy busy active.
But you know, at the end of the day, with the exception of 10 players out of 400 NFLers or so that hit the lottery, on the average, most everybody else would be better off staying put. So would the league. JMO.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts