Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default Baltimore Ravens will open 2013 season on road

Baltimore Ravens will open 2013 season on road
By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: March 22, 2013 at 03:24 p.m.

A league source told the Baltimore Ravens official website early in the week that opening the 2013 NFL season on the road is the "least desirable" option in the team's Sept. 5 scheduling conflict with the Baltimore Orioles.

That undesirable option is now reality.

The Ravens announced Friday that they will open the 2013 season on the road in a Thursday night game.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell had raised the possibility of a Baltimore double-header for that day. While the Orioles were willing to compromise on their game time, the NFL and the Ravens ultimately decided that logistical issues would be a nightmare under the double-header scenario.

"After thorough discussions among the Orioles, the NFL and the Ravens," Ravens president Dick Cass explained in a statement, "it became clear that holding both an Orioles' game and the Ravens' regular-season opener on the same day would create logistical situations [that] would cause serious issues for the city of Baltimore, and fans for both teams."

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...season-on-road

__________________________________________________ ______________

Too funny!

The Rat fans are going to start jumping off the Bay Bridge like lemmings very soon. I can't remember a worse off-season for a Super Bowl winner in recent memory than what they are enduring right now. They went from being on top of the world to bitter, angry, and depressed silver-lining chasers in a matter of weeks.

Enjoy watching your team get their depleted and undermanned asses handed to them in New England week one Baltimore!

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,080 Times in 3,411 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Baltimore Ravens will open 2013 season on road

unless they can somehow get the replacement refs back for one game.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
unless they can somehow get the replacement refs back for one game.
Now if Joe Flacco would just get accused of sexual assault.....

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,080 Times in 3,411 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Now if Joe Flacco would just get accused of sexual assault.....
no any women who aren't turned away by a uni-brow fu manchu face?
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
no any women who aren't turned away by a uni-brow fu manchu face?
That's where the assault part comes in.

I heard his right hand even got a restraining order against him.

The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
SteelCurtain5643
Starter

Member Number: 12838

LULZ, the orioles are more important than the super bowl champs
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain5643 View Post
LULZ, the orioles are more important than the super bowl champs

And the idiot fans are lambasting the O's for not bowing down and kissing the rings of the Ravens. It's a collective bargaining issue. The O's and White Sox, who are scheduled to play the first game of a series that same night after each team plays the prior evening out of town, can't play an afternoon game the next day because it violates the agreement. Plus, why in hell would the White Sox agree to do that anyway? They have no stake in giving a shit about what the Rats want and they would have to agree with it. The O's are being unfairly chastised by the Baltimore fanbase for this.

I think more blame should fall on Roger Goodell for trying to throw his weight around as the commissioner of the most popular sports league in America by trying to force MLB to bow down to the NFL and rearrange their schedule instead of just moving the Ravens game to Wednesday. His claim is that the NFL doesn't want to infringe on Rosh Hashanah which falls on that day, but it's bullshit because the NFL has played on Rosh Hashanah before.

The rumor is that the NFL wants the Patriots to be the Ravens' opponent that night, but Robert Kraft (being a Jew) doesn't want to do it on Rosh Hashanah so Goodell is catering to him. I might even take the conspiracy theory approach and say that it's Goodell's way of manipulating the whole situation to do his buddy Kraft a solid and make it so he has no choice but to force Baltimore to go to New England since he already came out and said they wouldn't move it to Wednesday..... but that would be crazy talk.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
NSMaster56
Team Owner

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,353 Times in 1,556 Posts

Silly Ravens.

They should have just had Ray-Ray and his 'friends' "pay a visit" to Peter Angelos and 'fix' the situation.

NSMaster56 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

O's picked a great time to have their first playoff team since 1997 and heh I say that sincerely being an Orioles fan. Honestly, they should have just moved it to Wednesday and had the Ravens play the Broncos. I totally believe the Kraft being behind the crap theory. Goodell needs to stop being a Kraft lackey and tell him that it's not all about you and your team. Besides compared to the Broncos-Ravens game, the Pats-Ravens game was anti-climatic, Ravens beat the Patriots easily, Broncos-Ravens was an epic.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GMU Steeler For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #10
RavenManiac
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11537

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
O's picked a great time to have their first playoff team since 1997 and heh I say that sincerely being an Orioles fan. Honestly, they should have just moved it to Wednesday and had the Ravens play the Broncos. I totally believe the Kraft being behind the crap theory. Goodell needs to stop being a Kraft lackey and tell him that it's not all about you and your team. Besides compared to the Broncos-Ravens game, the Pats-Ravens game was anti-climatic, Ravens beat the Patriots easily, Broncos-Ravens was an epic.
I agree they should have probably moved it to Wednesday, but if so, it couldn't have been against the Broncos, as the Broncos are an away game. If it was moved to Wednesday and couldn't be the Pats, the next best option probably would have been you guys, in terms of ratings. Or maybe Houston. Or possibly the Packers, though inter-Conference openers aren't the norm.

As it stands it will likely be on Thursday AT Denver (best guess at the moment).
RavenManiac is offline   Reply With Quote