Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #11
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Member Number: 12838
Default Re: Baltimore Ravens will open 2013 season on road

From what I read it could be in Miami as well, it would be a sure sellout for the Dolphins, as well as Ellerbe playing against his former team
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #12
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Baltimore Ravens will open 2013 season on road
By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: March 22, 2013 at 03:24 p.m.

A league source told the Baltimore Ravens official website early in the week that opening the 2013 NFL season on the road is the "least desirable" option in the team's Sept. 5 scheduling conflict with the Baltimore Orioles.

That undesirable option is now reality.

The Ravens announced Friday that they will open the 2013 season on the road in a Thursday night game.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell had raised the possibility of a Baltimore double-header for that day. While the Orioles were willing to compromise on their game time, the NFL and the Ravens ultimately decided that logistical issues would be a nightmare under the double-header scenario.

"After thorough discussions among the Orioles, the NFL and the Ravens," Ravens president Dick Cass explained in a statement, "it became clear that holding both an Orioles' game and the Ravens' regular-season opener on the same day would create logistical situations [that] would cause serious issues for the city of Baltimore, and fans for both teams."

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...season-on-road

__________________________________________________ ______________

Too funny!

The Rat fans are going to start jumping off the Bay Bridge like lemmings very soon. I can't remember a worse off-season for a Super Bowl winner in recent memory than what they are enduring right now. They went from being on top of the world to bitter, angry, and depressed silver-lining chasers in a matter of weeks.

Enjoy watching your team get their depleted and undermanned asses handed to them in New England week one Baltimore!
New England is a home game on this year's schedule . . .

Maybe we will take on the real class of the AFC, picture it:

The World Champion Baltimore Ravens. . . versus the 8-8 Playoff Bubble Boys, the 3rd Place AFCN Cellar Dwelling Steelers!!!!!!

Now there's a silver lining.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #13
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenManiac View Post
I agree they should have probably moved it to Wednesday, but if so, it couldn't have been against the Broncos, as the Broncos are an away game. If it was moved to Wednesday and couldn't be the Pats, the next best option probably would have been you guys, in terms of ratings. Or maybe Houston. Or possibly the Packers, though inter-Conference openers aren't the norm.

As it stands it will likely be on Thursday AT Denver (best guess at the moment).
Ah I wasn't aware that your Broncos game had to be a road game. Houston actually would be good. I really wanted you guys to play them in the AFC championship so I wouldn't have to deal with a Ravens-Patriots AFC championship.........again. Plus I really wanted to see Round 2 of that game after Houston pounded you guys- not trash talking or saying the result would have been the same but it appealed to me more since you guys have and I hate admitting it as a Steelers fan shown that you know how to handle the Pats.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #14
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post

The World Champion Baltimore Ravens. . . versus the 8-8 Playoff Bubble Boys, the 3rd Place AFCN Cellar Dwelling Steelers!!!!!!

3rd place is NOT the cellar!

Thank god for the Browns!

Fortunately for us, the Ravens will be taking over that spot this year with their all-new JV team... possibly even dead last. Welcome to your Super Bowl hangover Baltimore.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.

Last edited by Buddha Bus; 03-23-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #15
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Yeah it will be Thursday night at Denver, if there's some reason Denver can't host though they will probably play us in Pittsburgh, which would be awesome if we could kick their asses to open their season on the road.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #16
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760
Default The Ravens might open the season at Heinz Field

I think the odds are against it. Can you picture it though? What a way to kick off the Steelers season.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...tory?track=rss
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #17
kent
Bench Warmer

Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Helicopter2 Champion! Plupon Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Member Number: 24510
Default Re: The Ravens might open the season at Heinz Field

Highly unlikely but I would love it. A chance to knock off the defending champs and take an early lead in the division. It would be a good measuring stick for us and I also think Baltimore would be most vulnerable at that time since all their new pieces are just starting to play together.
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #18
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Member Number: 12838

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post

Yeah ok, and we'll kick your asses all over Heinz field. We'll even play Gradkowski so he can school you like Batch did
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #19
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenManiac View Post
I agree they should have probably moved it to Wednesday, but if so, it couldn't have been against the Broncos, as the Broncos are an away game. If it was moved to Wednesday and couldn't be the Pats, the next best option probably would have been you guys, in terms of ratings. Or maybe Houston. Or possibly the Packers, though inter-Conference openers aren't the norm.

As it stands it will likely be on Thursday AT Denver (best guess at the moment).
I don't think the team would play it on Wednesday because it is Rosh Hashanah holiday. I can't believe the O's won't let the Ravens play on the traditional Thursday night. Wow. What makes them think they own the town?
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #20
CrickRat23
Bench Warmer

Breakout Champion! Drunk Driver Championship Champion! Sonic Champion! Street Fighter Champion!
Member Number: 24843

I cant blame the O's for not wanting to change their game time. Their game was scheduled first. It does suck for the Ravens though ( but who really gives a damn ) that they cant open up the season in primetime at home.