Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #21
JonM229
Team President

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 4,681 Times in 1,763 Posts
Default Re: Baltimore Ravens will open 2013 season on road

I'm hoping for rain that night

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #22
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrickRat23 View Post
I cant blame the O's for not wanting to change their game time. Their game was scheduled first. It does suck for the Ravens though ( but who really gives a damn ) that they cant open up the season in primetime at home.
I think each Baltimore franchise should be supportive of the other. This is what I understand they demonstrate, from my colleagues who are Baltimore sports fans. It's a big deal for the Ravens and the NFL to play the Opening Night Game on Thursday before the NFL season starts. Think of all the pregame festivities, how much great it does for the city, fans, media coverage, etc. IMO the O's should work with the Ravens on making this work out instead of not acting like they aren't willing to work things out.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sluggermatt15 For This Useful Post:
JonM229 (03-25-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #23
JonM229
Team President

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 4,681 Times in 1,763 Posts

You're OK, sluggermatt

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #24
Quackjack
Head Coach

Member Number: 24540

Bullshit. The champions, now matter how stupid and shitty they are, should start on the road.

Bullshit.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:58 AM   #25
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
I think each Baltimore franchise should be supportive of the other. This is what I understand they demonstrate, from my colleagues who are Baltimore sports fans. It's a big deal for the Ravens and the NFL to play the Opening Night Game on Thursday before the NFL season starts. Think of all the pregame festivities, how much great it does for the city, fans, media coverage, etc. IMO the O's should work with the Ravens on making this work out instead of not acting like they aren't willing to work things out.
I'm sure they did. It doesn't mean that they could work it out. It involves more than the O's when they tried to come with a solution. The White Sox will definitely have a say. And all the pregame festivities and media coverage could be the same if they play the game on Wednesday. The reason of not playing on Wednesday is nonsense, considered that they just did it last year.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #26
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Pretty crummy for the Ravens, hate them religiously or no, they won the super bowl and should get the festivities and hoopla that comes with it.

Looking at their away games I'm pretty sure at Denver is a lock...only other compelling one would be against us, but that playoff game in Denver last year was ridiculous, that's the sure fire seller for opening night.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #27
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM229 View Post
You're OK, sluggermatt
It's part of being the SB Champ. I think if the Orioles won the World Series and say, had a big game and/or series scheduled that would conflict with a Ravens game, I would bet the Ravens and the NFL would do everything they could to accommodate the O's. I think it's a sign of respect when two franchises from the same city help each other out in times like this. I remember on a few occasions the Pittsburgh franchises helped the other out in terms of scheduling. I remember the Pirates were willing to move up the time of their games from night to afternoon to accommodate a Penguins playoff game, and/or a Steelers preseason game. (Can't think of the exact year off the top of my head, but I remember it has been done)

To me it's just a shame that this conflict is greater than that. Why can't the O's play a doubleheader on that Friday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
Pretty crummy for the Ravens, hate them religiously or no, they won the super bowl and should get the festivities and hoopla that comes with it.

Looking at their away games I'm pretty sure at Denver is a lock...only other compelling one would be against us, but that playoff game in Denver last year was ridiculous, that's the sure fire seller for opening night.
Personally I would like to see any team that wins the Super Bowl be able to enjoy all the media, festivities, events for their fans, etc. before the season starts, all culminating with the Opening Night game. It's part of the championship experience. I think it's going to be very unfortunate for the Ravens if they open on the road. They will lose out on the tradition the NFL has had in place for about 10 years now. Hate Baltimore or not, it's not fair to them, IMO.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #28
CrickRat23
Bench Warmer

Breakout Champion! Drunk Driver Championship Champion! Sonic Champion! Street Fighter Champion!
Member Number: 24843

They should just play Wednesday night. I hear that it is some type of holiday, but havent they played on Christmas before.

Yes they have. So what is the difference.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #29
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Personally I would like to see any team that wins the Super Bowl be able to enjoy all the media, festivities, events for their fans, etc. before the season starts, all culminating with the Opening Night game. It's part of the championship experience. I think it's going to be very unfortunate for the Ravens if they open on the road. They will lose out on the tradition the NFL has had in place for about 10 years now. Hate Baltimore or not, it's not fair to them, IMO.
They could have those experience if they decide to play on Wednesday. They chose not to. So I say it's fair to them.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:25 AM   #30
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
They could have those experience if they decide to play on Wednesday. They chose not to. So I say it's fair to them.
Or Sunday too.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote