Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,968 Times in 4,647 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Brian Urlacher to meet with Steelers

Bobby Brooks ‏@ BobbyBrooksWETM:

Sources close to Brian Urlacher say he's to meet with Pittsburgh Steelers to discuss possible contract negotiations.

https://twitter.com/BobbyBrooksWETM/...69321412923394
Old 03-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Default Re: Brian Urlacher to meet with Steelers

urlacher ....freeney....are we switching to the 4-3???

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Yea this won't happen. He is to old to learn a totally new system. Ifhe was in his 20's still this post would of gotten me sexually excited. He was one of the best middle linebackers ever
Old 03-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
Men of Steel
Starter

Member Number: 13746
My Mood: Amused

I always dreamed of urlacher being a steeler! Just sad it had to be a possibility so many years later. Too many actually... he is too old.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,264 Times in 561 Posts

If we go after Urlacher AND Freeney together, don't we qualify for some kind of AARP discount?
NSMaster56 (03-23-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #6
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
If we go after Urlacher AND Freeney together, don't we qualify for some kind of AARP discount?
At least some coupons for the local buffet and all-day bingo.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Brian Urlacher ready for new team

Updated: March 22, 2013
ESPNChicago.com

A free agent for the first time in his 13-year career, former Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher said Friday he's not sure if teams will be interested in him, but he's looking forward to finding out.

"I'm disappointed, but I'm also excited," Urlacher told "The Dan Patrick Show." "I get a chance to kind of look around and see what's out there, if there is anything out there at all. I don't know. Maybe nobody wants me. Who knows? But we're going to find out; I know that much."

The Bears announced Wednesday they would not re-sign Urlacher for a 14th season after the linebacker turned down their one-year offer that could have totaled $2 million. Urlacher said his camp made an initial offer to the Bears, which was for two years and $11 million. He considered that a starting point in negotiations and came down to $3.5 million for one year, but Urlacher said the Bears wouldn't budge from their $2 million offer.

Urlacher said "30 seconds" after his agent heard from the Bears that they would not re-sign him the team issued a news release on Twitter announcing the split.

"I would have appreciated a call from, maybe not (from Bears general manager) Phil (Emery), but (from team chairman) George (McCaskey) or somebody else I've been around," Urlacher said Friday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN Chicago 1000. "I haven't been around Phil; he's been here for one year, so I don't know him all that well, but (a call) from somebody else in the organization I've been around for a long time (would have been appreciated)."

On Friday, the Bears signed former Broncos linebacker D.J. Williams to a one-year deal, a source confirmed to ESPNChicago.com. The 30-year-old was suspended nine games last season for violating the league's performance-enhancing drugs policy and for his second arrest for driving under the influence. According to the Chicago Tribune, he can earn a maximum of $1.75 million if he hits all bonuses.

Urlacher, who will be 35 in May, said his agent has talked with the Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals. ESPN Twin Cities reported last week that the Vikings would not be interested in Urlacher unless his price comes way down.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones doubts Dallas would sign Urlacher, noting it wouldn't make sense to sign him as a backup to Sean Lee only to cut him in a year.

"You don't ever dismiss Hall of Famers in my book," Jones told ESPNDallas.com. "It would be difficult. He obviously plays what Sean plays. To move everything around for a year doesn't really make a lot of sense. But at the same time, you don't ever rule it out."

Urlacher, who wants to play as many as three more seasons, said he believes more teams weren't interested because they doubted he would hit the open market.

"The crazy thing is no one thought I would leave Chicago," Urlacher said to Patrick. "All these teams this whole time they've talked to, they're like, 'Chicago is not going to let him go. He's not going to leave them, so why waste our time with this?' I think it's pretty obvious now that that is not the case."

Urlacher said he is open to play for any team, even the Bears' division rival Green Bay Packers, although he would be surprised if he landed there.

"Every team is an option right now," Urlacher told "Waddle & Silvy." "I haven't ruled anything out. I would be really, really surprised if I went to Green Bay. That would be really weird. But like I said, I'd like to play for a team that has a chance to win. They've won. Minnesota won last year. Green Bay has been good for a long time. I don't see that happening, but there's 31 options out there."

Urlacher injured his knee in the final game of the 2011 season and struggled with the injury for much of the 2012 season. He missed the final four games last season after suffering a hamstring injury in a game against the Seattle Seahawks on Dec. 2.

The injuries along with his age might be an obstacle for Urlacher to find a new home at the price he wants, but he said his body feels good and that he is eager to prove he can still play.

"On the field is the only way I can answer it," Urlacher told "Waddle & Silvy." "My body feels great. My knee feels good. I've rehabbed. I'm actually working out now finally, whereas last year all I did was rehab and try to get this thing right and it never was. But now I'm just finally working out and doing the things I need to do to get better, get back on the field and be successful."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...nyone-wants-me
Old 03-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
Steeldude
Living Legend

I wanted him to be drafted instead of the wasted Burress pick.

It looks like the Steelers want to stay old, injured and expensive.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #9
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,998 Times in 4,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
I wanted him to be drafted instead of the wasted Burress pick.

It looks like the Steelers want to stay old, injured and expensive.
You should run the Steelers with your over simplistic and often arrogant tone you have whenever the front office does anything. Why wouldn't we take Urlacher if he came cheap? I'd put him in the starting lineup ahead of Foote, that's forsure.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #10
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

one of my all-time favorite Steelers photos: