Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-22-2006, 07:46 AM   #11
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Porter changes his tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
There was so much back-pedalling in the last interview with Porter that I half expect him to pull a T.O. and wear a Tour-de-France jersey to practice.

NM
I wouldn't go that far. As Floodcitygirl stated, I believe behind closed doors his comments did not go over very well. Just one more distraction to pile on and a situation where I believe "no comment" would have been better off. There are times you open your mouth and times that you should just keep it shut, supposed "leaders" should know when to do that.

But I don't think you will ever see it get to the "T.O. level". That's just crazy. Hopefully Porter will now shut his mouth and play the game and this will be put behind us. The more he talks, the more the media has to write about. He's been around long enough to understand that point.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:51 AM   #12
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
I wouldn't go that far. As Floodcitygirl stated, I believe behind closed doors his comments did not go over very well. Just one more distraction to pile on and a situation where I believe "no comment" would have been better off. There are times you open your mouth and times that you should just keep it shut, supposed "leaders" should know when to do that.

But I don't think you will ever see it get to the "T.O. level". That's just crazy. Hopefully Porter will now shut his mouth and play the game and this will be put behind us. The more he talks, the more the media has to write about. He's been around long enough to understand that point.

Agreed 83....but.....

As we saw with the Super Bowl....

Peezy creates these situations to take the magnifying glass off of his teammates...not as an ego thing...but as a leadership ploy...

It is my firm belief that Joey actually does not like the scrutiny, but as a leader on this team...takes it on for the betterment of his teammates...

I may get flamed for my stance on this...but oh well...

Keep yapping Peezy...we got Miami in 16 days.....

Old 08-22-2006, 07:52 AM   #13
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
There was so much back-pedalling in the last interview with Porter that I half expect him to pull a T.O. and wear a Tour-de-France jersey to practice.

NM
There's just one small difference...Peezy is a team player, whereas T.O. is a "ME" player. The fact that he showed up to camp and is busting his ass every day is testament to that, because he could have easily taken the selfish route and held out. We've already seen what T.O. does when he isn't happy with his contract, so the comparison, quite frankly, is ridiculous.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:53 AM   #14
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
"I didn't have to come out here and be nice to anybody, but me having a talk with coach Cowher and the relationship we have, I feel like I can suck it in, even though I'm not happy with the contract, go out there for coach Cowher and play like I know how to play and just put it all in God's hands and see what happens next year."
Gotta love Peezy's attitude - it's what makes him click. He's putting his teammates and his coach ahead of his own feelings and is ready to get out there and shake, rattle and roll. When Joey isn't flapping his yap, it always concerns me - he's back to flappin' and that can only mean one thing - look out - Joey's back.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:54 AM   #15
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

I gotta disagree with you BNG203 (very odd)..lol.

Last season I believe that was the case with certain situations. But I don't buy into that scenario with this situation. Porter is pissed because he wants a new contract. That's the bottomline in the my opinion. He opened his mouth and complained on national tv and now he's blaming the media for breaking and commenting on the story. I can't imagine Rooney sitting at his desk thinking "this is perfect, Porter is opening his mouth and complaining about his contract while taking the heat off of Cowher and Ben". I just don't see it with this situation. It's all about wanting more green.

Once again, I'm a Porter fan. I love his leadership qualities and I love the way he plays, but at times he needs to keep his mouth shut. I know, I know...."It's not the Porter way", but that doesn't make it right (excuse?) in my book.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 08-22-2006 at 08:02 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:55 AM   #16
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43

Ok 83,

I realised after I typed it that it looks like im saying T.O and Porter are similar - it was just an attempted 'quip' on the back pedalling/tour de france.

I need to work on my quips!

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:01 AM   #17
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Ok 83,

I realised after I typed it that it looks like im saying T.O and Porter are similar - it was just an attempted 'quip' on the back pedalling/tour de france.

NM

LOL...Wow LITP...a rare miss!!!

You are actually quite the quipper!!!

Old 08-22-2006, 08:13 AM   #18
DiggetyDank
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2252

Yeah, TO is basically on his own planet when it comes to dealing with teams. I think the thing that would make him most happy is allowing him to just hire himself out to any team on a game-by-game basis.

Peezy was most likely just yapping to get a contract next year. I'm not going to be some Homer though - as much of a team player he says he is, he would have definitely held out of this was a contract year. That's what players like him do - they hold out. I see us dealing him next year anyway - he's still good, but he's old and Cowher appears to have a tree growing in the yard that he can just pick good LBs from.
DiggetyDank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:18 AM   #19
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Ok 83,

NM
Did you have spiked tea with those crumpets this morning?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:18 AM   #20
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggetyDank
Yeah, TO is basically on his own planet when it comes to dealing with teams. I think the thing that would make him most happy is allowing him to just hire himself out to any team on a game-by-game basis.

Peezy was most likely just yapping to get a contract next year. I'm not going to be some Homer though - as much of a team player he says he is, he would have definitely held out of this was a contract year. That's what players like him do - they hold out. I see us dealing him next year anyway - he's still good, but he's old and Cowher appears to have a tree growing in the yard that he can just pick good LBs from.
he's old??

Uh...he's 29......