Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-06-2013, 02:26 AM   #1
devin7558
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23989
Default Jarvis jones

Lets talk Jarvis Jones.

He was a consensus #2-4 pick before the combine. He DOMINATED the SEC for two straight seasons. His "lack" of speed never seemed to stop him from turning the corner against top LT's at the NCAA level. He simply gets to QB's.

He is by far the best pure pass rusher in this draft, even without refinement from good nfl coaching. He also has a huge Chip on his shoulder. The same chip that kicked him out of USC and landed him at GA. His medical came back clean. I Promise you James Harrison's 40 and workout coming out of Kent would've looked much worse.

What's even better? He projects to work perfectly as a 3-4 OLB on the weak side.

To me he is a no brainer if the rest get it wrong....
Criticism is welcomed. I just don't get why he wouldn't be the BPA at 17.
devin7558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
smooth
Water Boy

Member Number: 24794
Default Re: Jarvis jones

Besides speed, I'm hearing work ethic being a concern. Certainly put up big numbers though. But we've seen guys in the SEC have nice stats as pass rushers, then flame out in the NFL.
smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,622 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth View Post
Besides speed, I'm hearing work ethic being a concern. Certainly put up big numbers though. But we've seen guys in the SEC have nice stats as pass rushers, then flame out in the NFL.
No love for Quentin Groves?
Old 04-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
devin7558
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23989

Good call on Groves. Work ethic is one thing but he works hard on the field. My only worry with him would be in the running game. He's not very stout at the point of attack. I think with a fair amount of veterans still active on that defense he would learn to be a better pro.

I just think his obvious talents at rushing the passer can't be ignored. He compares very favorably to von miller. Less ability away from the line of scrimmage but some of that can be coached.
devin7558 is offline   Reply With Quote