Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-14-2013, 01:44 AM   #1
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Default Draft Cordarrelle Patterson

We haven't heard, as of the beginning of this thread, if Sanders will be leaving us. I assume he is. The Steelers didn't give him a 2nd or 1st round tender because they didn't think he was worth it.

I have been studying the mock drafts over the last few weeks. I have gone so far as to look at the main pages of each team who drafts ahead of us and see what many people think their team needs. I think that Jarvis Jones drops to The Saints with pick #15 so he will be gone. With the way Tavon Austin's stock is rising, the Rams will take him as the first WR off the board at #16. That leaves the option of Cardarrelle Patterson or Kenny Vaccaro as the two obvious choices at pick #17. If Patterson drops to us, I cannot see any reason why we wouldn't take him. I know they say he only has 1 year as a starter, but what a year! He may not run crisp routes, but neither did Wallace. This is the guy who can "take the top off the defense" as Wallace did. What do you guys think?

Old 04-14-2013, 02:42 AM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,403 Times in 3,088 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Draft Cordarrelle Patterson

his talent is undeniable but is he ready to be an nfl starter in 2013? he's a little green.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:43 AM   #3
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Steelers depot reported he only actually catches a little over 50% of the passes thrown to him. This guy is a dangerous pick. Real Boom or Bust.

Could help the Steelers in a big way though by allowing a team hungry for a WR (Minnesota or St Louis) to trade up and take him while we secure another 3rd or if a team is desperate enough 2nd round pick.

Don't think Jarvis Jones goes to the Steelers at all. They are not giving up on Worilds just yet, have two guys behind him and plenty of choices in the 2nd thru 4th rounds to develop slowly.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:56 AM   #4
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
Don't think Jarvis Jones goes to the Steelers at all. They are not giving up on Worilds just yet, have two guys behind him and plenty of choices in the 2nd thru 4th rounds to develop slowly.
Worilds will be FA next year. There is zero depth at OLB. They can't really afford to develop their OLBs slowly.
kan_t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:48 AM   #5
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Team President

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,836 Times in 1,253 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
Worilds will be FA next year. There is zero depth at OLB. They can't really afford to develop their OLBs slowly.
Corey Lemonier from Auburn would be a nice pick in rd 2.

If Worilds pans out(I believe he will) then cut Woodley and replace him with Lemonier

btw does anyone else think we need to draft a ILB in the early rounds? or can we wait till next year?

Anyways back on topic, Cordarrelle would be a nice pick @17 imo but now im hearing about him being very immature and having a poor work ethic scares me, only safe receiver going in the first round would be D.Hopkins others have size issues(Tavon),health issues(Keenan) or very raw prospects(Patterson, Hunter)

Last edited by BLACK_AND_YELLOW; 04-14-2013 at 09:54 AM.
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BLACK_AND_YELLOW For This Useful Post:
Steelstoned1972 (04-14-2013)
Old 04-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #6
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,251 Times in 4,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
Corey Lemonier from Auburn would be a nice pick in rd 2.

If Worilds pans out(I believe he will) then cut Woodley and replace him with Lemonier

btw does anyone else think we need to draft a ILB in the early rounds? or can we wait till next year?

Anyways back on topic, Cordarrelle would be a nice pick @17 imo but now im hearing about him being very immature and having a poor work ethic scares me, only safe receiver going in the first round would be D.Hopkins others have size(Tavon),health issues(Keenan) or very raw prospects(Patterson, Hunter)
ILB might be able to wait until 3-5. There are a few good looking ones. Nico Johnson and A.J. Klein, Bruce Taylor seem to jump out at me. Then there's always Mauti.

As for Patterson, I would personally pass and go with Vacarro if I had a choice. Lemonier is definitely a good 2nd round choice.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:31 AM   #7
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Team President

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,836 Times in 1,253 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
ILB might be able to wait until 3-5. There are a few good looking ones. Nico Johnson and A.J. Klein, Bruce Taylor seem to jump out at me. Then there's always Mauti.

As for Patterson, I would personally pass and go with Vacarro if I had a choice. Lemonier is definitely a good 2nd round choice.
Yeah Vaccaro seems like the perfect fit he also has a chance to have a lot of playing time mostly when we are playing in the nickel defense

1. Vaccaro
2. Lemonier
3. Da'Rick Rogers

Seems good to me

These 11 days need to get here faster
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BLACK_AND_YELLOW For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (04-14-2013)
Old 04-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #8
Steeldude
Living Legend

No need to waste a pick on a WR in the first. Burress and Holmes never lived up to their draft status. WRs can be found later along with RBs.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #9
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,568 Times in 1,508 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Yeah Vaccaro seems like the perfect fit he also has a chance to have a lot of playing time mostly when we are playing in the nickel defense

1. Vaccaro
2. Lemonier
3. Da'Rick Rogers

Seems good to me

I agree I want a stud defensive player in the 1st.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:36 AM   #10
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,251 Times in 4,113 Posts

Quote:

1. Vaccaro
2. Lemonier
3. Da'Rick Rogers

Seems good to me

doesn't look bad at all. Doesn't Rogers have a lot of off-field issues? If the Steelers are willing to give him a chance though, I'd be happy to as well.

Anybody know of good versatile O-Line we could look at? Schwenke seems to be the one that keeps popping up. I think we'll need a good back-up center, especially because we haven't resigned Legursky.