Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #291
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,872
Member Number: 7718
Thanks: 96
Thanked 766 Times in 341 Posts
Default Re: Patriots Submit Offer Sheet to Emmanuel Sanders

Your one injury away from a collapse and you know it. You are right though Belichek is arrogant. As far as the coaches you mentioned as taping, yes they did, but it was not illegal at time. Once the memo came out and the Patriots continued to tape the NFL and Kraft's boy Goodell had no choice but to impose fines and sanctions. At least Goodell covered up the biggest and most damning evidence. He could not destroy the tapes quick enough, and once again very convenient, and yet the question remains WHY THE HELL WAS IT SO IMPORTANT TO CONTINUE TO TAPE GAMES?????????????
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #292
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,169
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 334
Thanked 2,121 Times in 1,052 Posts
Default Re: Patriots Submit Offer Sheet to Emmanuel Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Most likely? Thats's a conclusion not a reason.
You are splitting hairs to make your point? So you think there is a very good chance Sanders will be with the Steelers long term? I doubt he is with the team on Monday.
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #293
PhantomJB93
Team President
 
PhantomJB93's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 2,059
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13907
Thanks: 438
Thanked 973 Times in 473 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Patriots Submit Offer Sheet to Emmanuel Sanders

The more I think about it the more I think I would rather take the pick, if it means signing Ahmad Bradshaw. I don't think there is a chance of signing Bradshaw if we keep Sanders. If we could sign Bradshaw, draft another receiver early, draft another RB in the mid rounds (Lattimore? Big fan of taking a chance on Lattimore if we sign Bradshaw in the meantime, not as big a fan otherwise), I think I'd take that over one more year of Sanders.

The offense would take a hit but Cotchery has seemed about as productive as Sanders if not more.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #294
RockyBleierWasAPatriot
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Member Number: 24881
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Patriots Submit Offer Sheet to Emmanuel Sanders

Sanders will be let go easy decision. Pitt has always drafted fantastic WR & will free up cap space so they can get air. Next off season should be much of the same I think they kno w/ Tomlin & Ben they'll be in the WC hard. Pats get what they can't draft & Brady gets a upgrade over Lloyd. Win-Win. If Pitt keeps Sanders it's gonna handcuff they're emergency money next two seasons. I don't see how they can let that happen
RockyBleierWasAPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #295
RockyBleierWasAPatriot
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Member Number: 24881
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Patriots Submit Offer Sheet to Emmanuel Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Your one injury away from a collapse and you know it. You are right though Belichek is arrogant. As far as the coaches you mentioned as taping, yes they did, but it was not illegal at time. Once the memo came out and the Patriots continued to tape the NFL and Kraft's boy Goodell had no choice but to impose fines and sanctions. At least Goodell covered up the biggest and most damning evidence. He could not destroy the tapes quick enough, and once again very convenient, and yet the question remains WHY THE HELL WAS IT SO IMPORTANT TO CONTINUE TO TAPE GAMES?????????????
Tapes were burned b/c they stretched back to BB days with NYG & Wellington Mara was being remembered all season across the league(he may be the single most important owner b/c he had the deciding vote on if the league would share revenue & he was beloved b/c he did so w/ the most to loose out of pocket (NY market etc) bit Mara knew the upstart league was only gonna be as good as the worst franchise so elected to vote to split the pie evenly. Recent TV contracts make that decision easy to see why. Anyway BB was not using VHS tapes in 'sept '07!!!are u kidding VHS?? But the '86 & '90 Gmen did use VHS. That goes back to his days working for Mara. The tapes must've been a best of for whatever minuscule points he was gaining from them & the taping controversies predate the whole Patriot organization George Halas was notorious for putting Vaseline on the lens of the motion camera lens back in the day when the league demanded teams share game tape. Spygate was just Goodell saving the legacy of nobility & a bit of a cash grab on the way out. They penalized the Pats for a 1st rd pick b/c they had 2 that year. Penalizing a team a 1st rd pick would cripple any team. All a big scam on top of a d.ic.k waving contest.
RockyBleierWasAPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #296
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 770
Member Number: 20804
Thanks: 67
Thanked 89 Times in 56 Posts
Default Re: Patriots Submit Offer Sheet to Emmanuel Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Your one injury away from a collapse and you know it. You are right though Belichek is arrogant. As far as the coaches you mentioned as taping, yes they did, but it was not illegal at time. Once the memo came out and the Patriots continued to tape the NFL and Kraft's boy Goodell had no choice but to impose fines and sanctions. At least Goodell covered up the biggest and most damning evidence. He could not destroy the tapes quick enough, and once again very convenient, and yet the question remains WHY THE HELL WAS IT SO IMPORTANT TO CONTINUE TO TAPE GAMES?????????????
So you admit the Patriot Superbowl championships are legit.

Thank you.

The Patriots Superbowls - 2001, 2003, 2004.

The memo - 2007

Stop with the Goodell/Patriots/JFK conspiracies.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #297
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7,540
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 5,577
Thanked 9,976 Times in 4,244 Posts
Default Re: Patriots Submit Offer Sheet to Emmanuel Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
So you admit the Patriot Superbowl championships are legit.

Thank you.

The Patriots Superbowls - 2001, 2003, 2004.

The memo - 2007

Stop with the Goodell/Patriots/JFK conspiracies.
They're fucking with you. The fact that you haven't seen that through the pages of responses recently is ...
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #298
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,169
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 334
Thanked 2,121 Times in 1,052 Posts
Default Re: Patriots Submit Offer Sheet to Emmanuel Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
They're fucking with you. The fact that you haven't seen that through the pages of responses recently is ...
It shows that he is defensive of the fact that the Patriots have not won a Super Bowl in the "post Spygate era".

Also, he likely knows that because Tom Brady got hit in the knee, the NFL made a rule to protect him, while guys like Brees, Roethlisberger, Rivers, McNabb took knee hits and nobody cared.

The Tuck Rule and Cheating started the first super bowl and the NFL wanting to protect the Kraft organization has helped keep them prosperous.
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #299
Fire Haley
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,359
Member Number: 763
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Patriots Submit Offer Sheet to Emmanuel Sanders

I tired of all this jibber jabber

what time is the deadline today?
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #300
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,386
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 765
Thanked 2,233 Times in 1,306 Posts
Default Re: Patriots Submit Offer Sheet to Emmanuel Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
I tired of all this jibber jabber

what time is the deadline today?
i think 11:59 eastern pm
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts