Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 04-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #21
Bane
Head Coach

Member Number: 24775
Thanked 3,375 Times in 1,364 Posts
Default Re: Steelers 2013 Schedule

NFL Network just posted this on their Facebook. See anything odd?

Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #22
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,722 Times in 1,573 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

No Steeler game
Old 04-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #23
Bane
Head Coach

Member Number: 24775
Thanked 3,375 Times in 1,364 Posts

Oh, and, it's official. The Redskins are going to win the Super Bowl this year, according to the Eagles... Uh... Blessing?
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #24
cowherpower
Banned

Member Number: 24556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
NFL Network just posted this on their Facebook. See anything odd?

I believe that is because that is an NFL Network ad and the Thanksgiving games are nationally televised on major networks.
cowherpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #25
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

I love the day when the schedule is released. Underrated day on the calendar. A few thoughts:

1) Don't like the early bye for a couple of reasons: first, the obvious that it provides a rest early in the season that could and probably will be much more needed later. Second, from a fan standpoint I'm in starvation mode for Steeler football when the season starts; hate to go two weeks in between games so early on.

2) I say every Thanksgiving that I wish we were playing. Didn't like being at Ravens on a Thursday night at first (I saw last year that the road team's record in these TNF games is ridiculously bad, literally something like 5-20), but I can live with it because it ramps up my Thanksgiving big-time.

3) I too noticed that we went from our usual 5 prime time games to 4 this year, and you gotta figure that the last one against the Bengals could be flexed out. Not sure if the London game counts as an additional one in the league's eyes, but I do like the idea of playing there as long as we're not the team who loses the home game. It'll be cool to see Steeler Nation around the globe turn out for that one.

4) Weird that we play the Bengals in primetime both times. Not sure if I recall this ever happening with any two teams in one season.

5) I hope that, given some reservations heading into this season about our chances, that a seemingly easy home game against Tennessee to open up doesn't turn into a disasterous loss and immediate panic mode around here. Shouldn't happen though, we've won like the last 10 years in our first home game.

6) Circled games: 4:30 games at Green Bay and New England should both be marquee matchups; Wallace return in December; and yes, at Oakland even though they may suck something awful this year. We have to exorcise the demons we have in that piece of shit stadium.

7) Finally: why do we always play the Browns in the last game? Not that it really bothers me, just an observation.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LayingTheWoodley56 For This Useful Post:
SteelersCanada (04-18-2013)
Old 04-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #26
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I like Steelers - Ravens on Thanksgiving.

Also, I think "primetime" is considered as nationally televised which would include the London game as well. There's our fifth.
Steelers/Vikings in London is not a nationally televised game. It is 1PM east coast and will be up against a slew of other games shown regionally.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #27
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayingTheWoodley56 View Post
I love the day when the schedule is released. Underrated day on the calendar. A few thoughts:

1) Don't like the early bye for a couple of reasons: first, the obvious that it provides a rest early in the season that could and probably will be much more needed later. Second, from a fan standpoint I'm in starvation mode for Steeler football when the season starts; hate to go two weeks in between games so early on.

2) I say every Thanksgiving that I wish we were playing. Didn't like being at Ravens on a Thursday night at first (I saw last year that the road team's record in these TNF games is ridiculously bad, literally something like 5-20), but I can live with it because it ramps up my Thanksgiving big-time.

3) I too noticed that we went from our usual 5 prime time games to 4 this year, and you gotta figure that the last one against the Bengals could be flexed out. Not sure if the London game counts as an additional one in the league's eyes, but I do like the idea of playing there as long as we're not the team who loses the home game. It'll be cool to see Steeler Nation around the globe turn out for that one.

4) Weird that we play the Bengals in primetime both times. Not sure if I recall this ever happening with any two teams in one season.

5) I hope that, given some reservations heading into this season about our chances, that a seemingly easy home game against Tennessee to open up doesn't turn into a disasterous loss and immediate panic mode around here. Shouldn't happen though, we've won like the last 10 years in our first home game.

6) Circled games: 4:30 games at Green Bay and New England should both be marquee matchups; Wallace return in December; and yes, at Oakland even though they may suck something awful this year. We have to exorcise the demons we have in that piece of shit stadium.

7) Finally: why do we always play the Browns in the last game? Not that it really bothers me, just an observation.
The NFL does it's best to put teams playing overseas on a bye the following week. makes sense actually. Week 5 is not so bad, for this reason. Byes this year run wk 4-12.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #28
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Dislike the schedule again because we have 3 home December games.
I travel from Richmond to the games and this is the 2nd year in a row that we had 3 of our last 4 games at home.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #29
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,419 Times in 4,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Steelers/Vikings in London is not a nationally televised game. It is 1PM east coast and will be up against a slew of other games shown regionally.
It's going to be nationally televised. If you think the NFL is going to pay all that money and not nationally televise the game on one of the major networks, you're crazy. Having a game in Europe is a cash cow the NFL isn't going to pass up - it's going to be everywhere. I'm not saying it will override regional games, but it'll be on a major network.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:05 AM   #30
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
It's going to be nationally televised. If you think the NFL is going to pay all that money and not nationally televise the game on one of the major networks, you're crazy. Having a game in Europe is a cash cow the NFL isn't going to pass up - it's going to be everywhere. I'm not saying it will override regional games, but it'll be on a major network.
They have games there every year that are NOT nationally televised. They usually have live check-ins but that's about it.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote