Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #21
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Doubtful
Default Re: Bengals and Harrison agree on deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
He doesn't like losing, that's why he left the steelers. Steelers are on the down slope while the Bengals are on the rise. Bengals will finish first or second in the AFCN, and the good guys will be sitting in third again. Bengals have a good defense and now it only got better. Harrison will look good in the black and orange. Hell definitely create a few sack fumbles help the Bengals win a couple games. Good luck James. It sucks you're not a steeler but I'm happy I'll be seeing and hearing your name again this season.

Does anybody know the details?

I know James would love to smash Roethlisburger hard. He ain't to fond of the ego, potential rapes, and selfishness Ben grew over the career he's had in the NFL.
No one wants to imagine the Steelers declining but it's happening. Harrison will make the Bengals better defensively and it's quite possible Harrison gets a good shot at Ben and we'll see how we'll prepared the Steelers are at backup QB
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #22
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by casteeler View Post
No one wants to imagine the Steelers declining but it's happening. Harrison will make the Bengals better defensively and it's quite possible Harrison gets a good shot at Ben and we'll see how we'll prepared the Steelers are at backup QB
Ben will scramble and Harrison will have a hand full of air....Go Steelers!
stb_steeler (04-20-2013)
Old 04-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #23
SteelersRush
Water Boy

Member Number: 3207

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Who is going to replace 6 sacks, a bad back, a bad knee and broken orbital bone for this defense? Who can possibly match that kind of production?
Figured you'd weigh in Steelers Canada. His bad back and bad knee are back to squatting over 800 on the squat rack. As for his orbital bone he1was going to go back in the game until the doctors told him no. he could go blind with another hit to the face. How about 4 sacks from Woodley last year. Who can match that production? Aain I ask the question, Worilds didn't take the man's position last year when he was hurt,. coaches started Harrison. Worilds is a speed rusher period. Hs run stopping sucks and he get's "lost in space"in coverage.
SteelersRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #24
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersRush View Post
I think the front office are a bunch of idiots. Worilds couldn't take the man's position last year when he was playing on 1 leg. What makes everyone think he can fill the role of the silverback? Starter on defense for 6 seasons. Of those 6, he gave us 5 probowl performances. LOLB Woodley, has started for 6 seasons and delivered 1 probowl performance of those 6. Yet he is scheduled this year to make nearly double at 9.19 mill, of what Harrison was asking of the Steelers. As for you fools who believe his body to be broken down and he can only play "limited snaps", you will be proven wrong. Not by a little bit, but by a long shot. Oh I love our backups at OLB. Carter. REALLY? Let's see how many games Woodley plays before softie pulls another hammie. Let's hear you wizards of smart say, "we'll pick up an OLB in the draft". Last rookie that started for our defense was Levon Kirkland.
apparently you have no idea what the salary cap means
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #25
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Why the Bengals? Its a JOB. His BOSS said we do not want you no more go some place else! IMO a very dumb move.

Good Luck James, thanks for the SB win!!!
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #26
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

This is a slight surprise to me, especially since the talks between the two sides "broke off" the other day. The Bengals can have Harrison. He's not worth the $. I think he'll be an adequate addition for Cincy, but he's not going to be an impact player. I'll be surprised if he surpasses his marks from 2012. Steelers were smart to get rid of him.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #27
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599

He still will probably be a decent player, but not anywhere close to where he was before. No matter how hard you work, injuries and father time will catch up with you. I think after this year he is injured and done.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #28
Dogtown
Water Boy

Member Number: 24839

Wonder how much LESS he signed for instead of taking the Steeler pay cut? (and I say that with a grain of salt seeing how he could've made most of it back)
Dogtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #29
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogtown View Post
Wonder how much LESS he signed for instead of taking the Steeler pay cut? (and I say that with a grain of salt seeing how he could've made most of it back)
im sure it was alot more than the steelers offered. (at least thats what alot a fans were saying when the steelers 'lowballed' him.....lol
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #30
SteelPride1207
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16128

Steelers better WTFO...I would not underestimate James Harrison's anger and need for revenge. The guy is an animal and will do everything in his power to punish Ben and the Steelers when these two teams match up.

James is not washed up and if anyone on the Steelers thinks like that walking into a game with the Bengals...their going to get a rude awakening.
SteelPride1207 is offline   Reply With Quote