Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
Bane
Head Coach

Member Number: 24775
Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,244 Posts
Default Do You Take Milliner?

Granted, this is from ProFootballTalk. However, the real question is that, if this is indeed true and Dee Milliner falls, do the Steelers take him? I'm not fond of the idea of picking up a corner in the first round, but is Dee too good to pass up?

Quote:
Report: League personnel think Milliner reports part of “smear campaign” to lower draft stock
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on April 23, 2013, 12:17 AM EDT

‘Tis the season for misinformation with the NFL draft just three days away and Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner could be the latest prospect to find himself in the crosshairs.

A report came out Monday saying that Milliner may not be ready for the start of training camp as he continues to recover from a surgery to his labrum following the NFL combine. If true, it’s increasingly more likely that Milliner, considered the top defensive back in the draft, could slip during the first round on Thursday night.

However, the validity of that information may be tough to determine this close to the draft. In fact, those around the NFL are already questioning it.

“Teams have known about these surgeries all along,” a source told Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “They haven’t been a secret and this is not a big issue.”

Per Cabot, those she has talked to believe the negative reports are part of a smear campaign against Milliner in hopes of dropping his draft stock. A team hopeful to snag Milliner later in the draft could be pushing the narrative of his recovery not going to plan in hopes teams would shy away at the last-minute.

However, with all the medical checks prospects undergo during the lead up to the draft – Milliner was evaluated again by league personnel at the combine re-check just three weeks ago – teams should feel very comfortable about their evaluation of his medicals. It would be a surprise to see his stock slide considerably at this stage in the process.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-draft-stock/
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,976 Times in 8,711 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Do You Take Milliner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Granted, this is from ProFootballTalk. However, the real question is that, if this is indeed true and Dee Milliner falls, do the Steelers take him? I'm not fond of the idea of picking up a corner in the first round, but is Dee too good to pass up?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-draft-stock/
Let me think abo- YES!!!
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
austinfrench76 (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 03:41 AM   #3
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,418 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I would have to say yes as well to Milliner
Old 04-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

If Milliner fell that far I'd probably look to make a trade with somebody who's desperate for him before picking him. If no trade arose I'd take him because he'd surely be BPA but somebody would give up way more than they need to to trade up and snag him. Could probably get way more in a trade-back in that scenario than in most of the mocked trade scenarios lately.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #5
cowherpower
Banned

Member Number: 24556

Absolutely
cowherpower is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cowherpower For This Useful Post:
teegre (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

HELL YES!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to austinfrench76 For This Useful Post:
teegre (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #7
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 1,333 Times in 517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
If Milliner fell that far I'd probably look to make a trade with somebody who's desperate for him before picking him. If no trade arose I'd take him because he'd surely be BPA but somebody would give up way more than they need to to trade up and snag him. Could probably get way more in a trade-back in that scenario than in most of the mocked trade scenarios lately.
I agree with this. CB is not really a demanding need and getting extra draft picks would be a huge plus especially in this draft.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #8
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886

I disagree that we don't need another CB. In today's NFL you need a strong #3 CB. The rules have changed too much in favor of the passing game. You can't hide guys out there at all now through scheme

Id take a hard look at any elite level CB

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steel_Bus_24 For This Useful Post:
teegre (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #9
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 8,333 Times in 3,319 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Talk about making everyone forget about Keenan Lewis instantly! He has everything except ball skills. He's another Ike Taylor. Great cover guy, with few interceptions. But I'll take that all day long to have another athlete like that roaming the secondary. All this talk about the first pick having to be offense. I disagree. I want the best player we could get our hands on, offense or defense. It would be hard to argue with this pick. He's been a solid top 5 pick on nearly everyone's board. Ike, Cortez Allen, and Millner with Troy and Ryan.....SHAZAMMMM! Good luck on 3rd down when they're in Nickel.
pczach is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pczach For This Useful Post:
Bane (04-23-2013), teegre (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #10
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,976 Times in 8,711 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
Talk about making everyone forget about Keenan Lewis instantly! He has everything except ball skills. He's another Ike Taylor. Great cover guy, with few interceptions. But I'll take that all day long to have another athlete like that roaming the secondary. All this talk about the first pick having to be offense. I disagree. I want the best player we could get our hands on, offense or defense. It would be hard to argue with this pick. He's been a solid top 5 pick on nearly everyone's board. Ike, Cortez Allen, and Millner with Troy and Ryan.....SHAZAMMMM! Good luck on 3rd down when they're in Nickel.
Bingo!!!
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote