Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #21
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: Steelers unlikely to sign Bradshaw.

Running backs might only have five good years but offensive linemen have ten good years. The smart thing to do is to have an offensive line that can dominate the line of scrimmage so that your running back doesn't have to be an all-pro to make an impact.

The Steelers front office finally got it's act together and made the offensive line a priority. The running game will come together sooner rather than later.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #22
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,440 Times in 4,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
First contract is five years. All of those guys just finished their fifth year (right?). Now, they are in the "free agent" time of their career.

I highly doubt that all of them (or any of them) have another five years that matches their first five years.

Look at LaDainian & Shawn Alexander. One year, they're scoring 30 TDs; two years later, they're being replaced. And those two are about as good as it gets at RB.
Maybe Forte has trouble rekindling the kind of player he once was, but I don't think we've seen the best of Foster or McCoy yet. I guess it would depend on the 'Back, too. Injury history could potentially plague a career which is my only concern with Forte.

Good point about LT. I was going to he and Shaun Alexander played in a 'different generation of 'Back' but they both played fairly recently. I guess it's more hoping that these guys have extended careers because they're fun to watch.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #23
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

RB takes the biggest beating of any position. I once read that a RB has the equivalent of 5 car crashes every Sunday.
desertsteel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #24
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
RB takes the biggest beating of any position. I once read that a RB has the equivalent of 5 car crashes every Sunday.
I had a really bad car crash thursday, prolley going to jail over it actually

physically i wasnt that sore the next day, just mentally
Old 04-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #25
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

actually im trying to find someone to adopt my 2 fantasy baseball teams while im in jail, if anyone is interested PM me. I wish i knew for sure i dont wanna give out my passwords then end up not goin.... im pretty sure im goin though :( one of my teams is just loaded though and i dont want it to go to waste

http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhou...&seasonId=2013
Old 04-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #26
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

I mean Carlos Gonzalez is money, Yadier Molina is one of the most consistent catchers you're going to get. Chris Davis and Daniel Murphy were absolutely STEALS, Dexter Fowler isn't even on planet EARTH right now, Mark Trumbo was a great selection to.... mind you I drafted ALL of these players in my original draft. Then look at my pitching staff 3 closers Rivera, Johnson , and Soriano will be all I need all season to probably win the saves catagory every week. And for starters Sabathia, Halladay, and Ervin Santan are arguably all ACES, Pettitte, Kuroda and Medlen are all putting up ace calliber number. and Don't mind Jeter Just dropped him and added Tony Cingrani to my bench (SP) in case he ends up putting up big numbers, if not he can be dropped and not be a loss to the team. I mean that FANTASY TEAM is LOADED see why I don't want it to go to waste. (I use most category option for scoring) Someone please adopt them You are pretty much guarenteed to make the playoffs and winning me a cyber trophy shouldnt be to tough (ill be pissed if you change my password and steal my espn account lol i could be out in 8 months with good behavior and if not i still want my account back lol)
Old 04-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #27
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
I mean Carlos Gonzalez is money, Yadier Molina is one of the most consistent catchers you're going to get. Chris Davis and Daniel Murphy were absolutely STEALS, Dexter Fowler isn't even on planet EARTH right now, Mark Trumbo was a great selection to.... mind you I drafted ALL of these players in my original draft. Then look at my pitching staff 3 closers Rivera, Johnson , and Soriano will be all I need all season to probably win the saves catagory every week. And for starters Sabathia, Halladay, and Ervin Santan are arguably all ACES, Pettitte, Kuroda and Medlen are all putting up ace calliber number. and Don't mind Jeter Just dropped him and added Tony Cingrani to my bench (SP) in case he ends up putting up big numbers, if not he can be dropped and not be a loss to the team. I mean that FANTASY TEAM is LOADED see why I don't want it to go to waste. (I use most category option for scoring) Someone please adopt them You are pretty much guarenteed to make the playoffs and winning me a cyber trophy shouldnt be to tough (ill be pissed if you change my password and steal my espn account lol i could be out in 8 months with good behavior and if not i still want my account back lol)

this is a package deal, you will also get my struggling franchise that I kept alive 1-0-2 right now but the pitching staff is in shambles, it might falll in to place but hold it together until jerred weaver comes back in a month and it should do better. Drop me a line in a PM with your email and in the event I do get locked up I will have my fiance email you my account name and password for espn and you can have my fantasy teams.... seriously.... lol.....
Old 04-22-2013, 12:25 AM   #28
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,525 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote:

physically i wasnt that sore the next day, just mentally
here dude, i've been saving this but you can have it......................... ....just print it and show it to the judge....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:45 AM   #29
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,733 Times in 1,780 Posts

Betty Ford Clinic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:22 AM   #30
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,252 Times in 4,388 Posts
My Mood: Worried

Quote:
I'm really sorry to hear of this, what happened?