Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #51
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: Steelers should go no huddle a lot more often

Dan Pompei a veteran sports writer for 25 years wrote as recent as Oct of last year that Ben was one of the top 6 QB's to run the no huddle. Now LW will tell you that we should take no pleasure in being 6th when we could be #1. I would agree on that surmise except every one cannot be #1, we do not have number one players at every position including QB, for the most part its been a long time since I considered any Steeler player as being the best at their position in the league. What we have had is a group of players that even if they aren't #1 in scoring have been adequate enough to post wins along with a stingy defense, but he would have you believe its all defense, yet why do we not harp on them for lacking in areas that they could improve in. Areas that would help put W's in the books as easy or easier than an additional 2-3 points per game.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #52
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Dude you said all I will ever need to know about you. "I don't expect the Steelers to win another Superbowl with Roethliesberger and frankly, I DON'T CARE".

Your hatred is so great you don't care if we win as long as Ben is part of it. That is so sad. I'm through with you. spout off your cherry picking hate all you want. I will pull for my Steelers and as long as they wear the uniform I will pull for them on the field.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #53
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 7,603 Times in 3,102 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
I Googled "Flacco criticizes offense" and nothing came up. The only links were to Ed Reed criticizing the offense, Flacco criticizing replacement refs etc. etc.

When a quarterback is interviewed and they are asked about the no-huddle I am sure the majority of quarterbacks are going to say they like it. This isn't a problem.

When a quarterback cites the offensive coordinator's failure to allow no-huddle offense as the main reason your team lost a football game there is a problem.
I'll help you out. Here's a couple.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...s-in-baltimore

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...ancake-social/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ative-approach
pczach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #54
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
It's hard to get a comeback win when you are playing with a double digit lead. The Broncos outscored opponents by 192 points last season all told. They won 8 games by double digits.

Manning did have a 4 quarter comeback this season against Roethlisberger who he is 3-1 against all-time.
So you admit he wins tons of games, gets the #1 seed, and flames out in the playoffs. Thanks for playing. By having all those #1 seeds in the playoffs, it tells you he had some pretty good teams and some pretty good talent around him....doesn't it?

Regular season. Once again, you didn't answer my question. Can you name for me Peyton Manning's playoff game-winning drives?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #55
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
I never got to watch the Steelers when they were winning superbowls. I became a fan in the 90s on account of the Blitzburgh defense. I don't expect the Steelers to win another superbowl with Roethlisberger and frankly I don't care.

The fact is the pieces to the championship teams have been dulled by time and no longer fit that puzzle. There is a leadership void on the Steelers and there is less talent on the roster than there was five years ago.

I watch the Steelers because that is my team and I like the smashmouth style of play they are known for. I never have been the type to celebrate the accomplishments of one player. I acknowledge the contirbutions all the players make for the good of the team.

Looking forward to the 'Cam Heyward Era' of defense.

"I have never been the type to celebrate the accomplishments of one player."

Except Mike Wallace of course. You carried on about him and his greatness and screamed it to the mountaintops on this message board.

"I acknowledge the contributions all the players make for the good of the team."

Everyone except Ben Roethlisberger.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #56
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
So you admit he wins tons of games, gets the #1 seed, and flames out in the playoffs. Thanks for playing. By having all those #1 seeds in the playoffs, it tells you he had some pretty good teams and some pretty good talent around him....doesn't it?

Regular season. Once again, you didn't answer my question. Can you name for me Peyton Manning's playoff game-winning drives?
Manning was in a weak divison for years. Hell, he is still in a weak division. That is why he has had #1 seeds consistently. His defense has typically been bad.

Manning has 1 game-winning playoff drive. Roethlisberger has 3. This means Manning has one more league MVP awards than Roethlisberger has game-winning playoff drives.

Roethlisberger's playoff rating is 10 points lower than his regular season rating. Since I answered your question please explain how this is clutch.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #57
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Dude you said all I will ever need to know about you. "I don't expect the Steelers to win another Superbowl with Roethlisberger and frankly, I DON'T CARE".

Your hatred is so great you don't care if we win as long as Ben is part of it. That is so sad. I'm through with you. spout off your cherry picking hate all you want. I will pull for my Steelers and as long as they wear the uniform I will pull for them on the field.
In no way does Roethlisberger being on the team affect my view of the Steelers. Of course I want the Steelers to do well I'm just not one of those assholes who goes around talking about the 1970s and yelling on other fan's faces "WE'VE GOT SIX RINGS! SIX!!!"

I just enjoy watching the Steelers play. Watching the new players come and go.

Roethlisberer gives the team the best chance to win. Of course, I feel that he lets his own ego stand in the way of doing what is best for the team but all in all there is no one to replace him and the Steelers are fortunate to have stability at the quarterback position. I think of Roethlisberger as a necessary evil.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #58
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
"I have never been the type to celebrate the accomplishments of one player."

Except Mike Wallace of course. You carried on about him and his greatness and screamed it to the mountaintops on this message board.

"I acknowledge the contributions all the players make for the good of the team."

Everyone except Ben Roethlisberger.

Yeah, most of what I was saying about Wallace was A) to temper opinions about Wallace being all bad ie. a cancer to the team, unproductive, unable to run short routes which I feel are untrue. B) for entertainment purposes only. I don't actually think Wallace is better than Jerry Rice. Just so we are clear because some people haven't realized I am joking.

The masses scream: Ben good! Mike bad! Ben good! Mike bad! and I find myself in the precarious position of being impelled to dissent.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #59
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Manning was in a weak divison for years. Hell, he is still in a weak division. That is why he has had #1 seeds consistently. His defense has typically been bad.

Manning has 1 game-winning playoff drive. Roethlisberger has 3. This means Manning has one more league MVP awards than Roethlisberger has game-winning playoff drives.

Roethlisberger's playoff rating is 10 points lower than his regular season rating. Since I answered your question please explain how this is clutch.
So you mean he piled up stats against inferior opponents, AND he sucks in the playoffs? Wow, you got me. What a great argument. It's a good thing those MVP awards are regular season awards, huh?

I guess he won all those games by himself too. I guess Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Edgerrin James, and Pro Bowl offensive lineman everywhere his whole career had nothing to do with winning 13 or 14 games every year.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #60
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

One of those stories is inference and the other two are stories of the same quote.

Dismissing Roethlisberger's behavioural shortcomings by diverting attention to other players in an effort to obfuscate moral clarity is a favourite tactic of his ardent supporters. Personally I like to stay away from moral relativism as it is a path that can only lead to trouble.