Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 04-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Revis to Tampay Bay - done deal

finally its done.

I think the Jets got the better of this deal. Revis is a distraction, has had attitude issues, and is coming off an injury. There's no guarantee he'll play at an elite level. The Bucs gave up aLOT and a ton of money.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,563 Times in 4,618 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Revis to Tampay Bay - done deal

the Jets now have two first round picks inside the top 13 picks! That's a pretty good deal for a CB.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,139 Times in 542 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

I don't really think Revis has attitude issues, yeah he's not the most selfless guy when it comes to his contracts recently but he's a saint compared to most guys around the league in the "attitude" department.

If the cap space and ridiculous contract wasn't an issue I'd give up a first and a 4th for Revis in a heartbeat.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #4
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 6,310 Times in 2,985 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
finally its done.

I think the Jets got the better of this deal. Revis is a distraction, has had attitude issues, and is coming off an injury. There's no guarantee he'll play at an elite level. The Bucs gave up aLOT and a ton of money.
The new contract is not guaranteed. If Revis has recovered, there is no one in this draft who's close to him.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
NSMaster56
Living Legend

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 5,010 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
the Jets now have two first round picks inside the top 13 picks! That's a pretty good deal for a CB.
Can't wait to see how they blow them.

Draft another USC Phenom QB in Matt Barkley?
NSMaster56 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (04-22-2013), JonM229 (04-22-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #6
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
finally its done.

A first round pick and conditional third round pick next year is not a lot for one of the best, if not the best, CB in the game. There's no guarantee he'll play at an elite level. But the contract is not guarantee either. And the reward is huge for the Bucs.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
A first round pick and conditional third round pick next year is not a lot for one of the best, if not the best, CB in the game. There's no guarantee he'll play at an elite level. But the contract is not guarantee either. And the reward is huge for the Bucs.
Yep, good call. He better focus his butt on making a full recovery and doing everything in his power not to experience any set backs. I was tired of hearing him complain he is worth this amount, and that amount. Just shut up and play! Maybe now he'll be quiet that he got the $ he wanted. It's like a little baby with a bottle in its mouth; the fact it doesn't cry when its fed.

True about the Jets picks. They have the 9th and 13th picks. But think about this draft, to me it does not seem like last year's or years past where having 2 first round picks means you could get 2 players who can come in and make HUGE impacts. The Jets will get some good players, and given the state of their team, these guys might start, but I don't think they'll be Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III-like players.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:55 AM   #8
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

I think it is a good deal for the Jets. Revis is a great player but his cap hit is 16 million. The Jets have that money earmarked for top players like Mark Sanchez (the real problem with the organization).

The Jets essentially got a 1st round corner to replace Revis who already had 6 seasons of wear and an injury. If Milliner is a good corner for 15% of what it would have cost to keep Revis I think he helps the team more by allowing them to invest in other areas of the team.

If Milliner is a bust it is a bad deal for the Jets but still what team wants to take a 16 million cap hit for a corner? I think maybe it is smart to have 4 or 5 receivers like Emmanuel Sanders who won't command a big payday but who can beat a 2nd or 3rd cornerback.

OK... Revis shut down our 4 million a year receiver we will throw it to our other 3 4 million a year receivers. Based on how much offenses like the Pats and Saints etc spread the ball a cornerback has lost value- they can only cover 1 player and teams always have at least 3 weapons.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote