Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #21
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,472 Times in 1,648 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Steelers haven't 'closed the door' on Hampton, Starks

I've never felt this insecure about player personnel decisions - PR department needs to sit down with them because neither Tomlin nor Colbert instill any confidence in the fan base. After 1 losing playoff game in 2 seasons, I'd like a little optimism and sunshine blown up my arse.

Do these guys get excited about anything? The comments regarding whoever they draft might not necessarily be ready to start makes me a little wary of how they are approaching this season. You'd think they'd convey they are on a mission to put together an energetic, active roster. Shit's gotta turn around . . .

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
defence (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #22
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,977 Times in 3,376 Posts

Big Snack for President!
wootawnee (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #23
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

This is ridiculous...The God King can't draft a clear cut LT, and wants to bring back a soon to be 37 year old NT? what about him being a great GM come draft time?
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #24
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Starks is a MUST KEEP player IMO due to the brittleness of our O line and their inexperience. As for Hampton, he did start playing better as the season went on, but since Ta'Amu will be available as well, I can't see us keeping Hampton. I appreciate everything he has done for us, but that's in the past, it's time for some younger players to step up now.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #25
Goldsteel86
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I've never felt this insecure about player personnel decisions - PR department needs to sit down with them because neither Tomlin nor Colbert instill any confidence in the fan base. After 1 losing playoff game in 2 seasons, I'd like a little optimism and sunshine blown up my arse.

Do these guys get excited about anything? The comments regarding whoever they draft might not necessarily be ready to start makes me a little wary of how they are approaching this season. You'd think they'd convey they are on a mission to put together an energetic, active roster. Shit's gotta turn around . . .
Couldn't agree more with you, IMO its time to put Colbert's ass on notice, if not his ass is going to Arizona!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Goldsteel86 For This Useful Post:
defence (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #26
Goldsteel86
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Starks is a MUST KEEP player IMO due to the brittleness of our O line and their inexperience. As for Hampton, he did start playing better as the season went on, but since Ta'Amu will be available as well, I can't see us keeping Hampton. I appreciate everything he has done for us, but that's in the past, it's time for some younger players to step up now.
Starks is a "no-brainer" to me, Hampton needs to retire, do the honorable thing like Hines did and ride off into the sunset. Now don't get me wrong I think Hines had another good year in him, but Colbert didn't think so, but he got his when Wallace went to Miami. If I were Hines I would have laughed my ass off and to think Colbert re-signed Burress (which I approve of by the way), bottom line is Colbert is slowly but surely killing the Steelers. Here's an idea: Hampton retires, Starks signs for Vet Minimum and Colbert resigns and joins Bruce in Arizona.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #27
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAnthem View Post
This is ridiculous...The God King can't draft a clear cut LT, and wants to bring back a soon to be 37 year old NT? what about him being a great GM come draft time?
We don't have a first round pick to spend on every position of need. We just drafted a LT in the 2nd last year. Takes time to go from the college level to the toughest O line spot in the NFL. If either of them are kept it won't be for starting, it will be for depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
Starks is a "no-brainer" to me, Hampton needs to retire, do the honorable thing like Hines did and ride off into the sunset. Now don't get me wrong I think Hines had another good year in him, but Colbert didn't think so, but he got his when Wallace went to Miami. If I were Hines I would have laughed my ass off and to think Colbert re-signed Burress (which I approve of by the way), bottom line is Colbert is slowly but surely killing the Steelers. Here's an idea: Hampton retires, Starks signs for Vet Minimum and Colbert resigns and joins Bruce in Arizona.
I agree that Hines had a year left too. His numbers from the first half of 2011 are nearly identical to Wallace's numbers during the second half of the season, yet Hines was benched and cut. Didn't help us at all since the "young money crew", specifically Wallace, shit the bed last year. At least we kept Burress and didn't get even thinner at WR. I don't care what his age is, he will make an impact this year. As for Colbert, I do agree that we are starting to go downhill and that his picks and decisions haven't seemed to be the best lately, but I would not give up on him yet. We've had a decade of great players and are just now starting to make poor decisions. If the defense continues to decline this year and next and the O line still can't get it together even with all the picks we have spent on it, then it may be time. Too early to make that call IMO.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #28
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,129 Times in 1,983 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Starks will be there. He always is.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #29
Goldsteel86
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
Starks will be there. He always is.
Hope you know something we don't know. I want Max back!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #30
Goldsteel86
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
We don't have a first round pick to spend on every position of need. We just drafted a LT in the 2nd last year. Takes time to go from the college level to the toughest O line spot in the NFL. If either of them are kept it won't be for starting, it will be for depth.

I agree that Hines had a year left too. His numbers from the first half of 2011 are nearly identical to Wallace's numbers during the second half of the season, yet Hines was benched and cut. Didn't help us at all since the "young money crew", specifically Wallace, shit the bed last year. At least we kept Burress and didn't get even thinner at WR. I don't care what his age is, he will make an impact this year. As for Colbert, I do agree that we are starting to go downhill and that his picks and decisions haven't seemed to be the best lately, but I would not give up on him yet. We've had a decade of great players and are just now starting to make poor decisions. If the defense continues to decline this year and next and the O line still can't get it together even with all the picks we have spent on it, then it may be time. Too early to make that call IMO.
I think this year may solidify whether Colbert should be in Pittsburgh or not, he hit a home run with Pouncey but the jury is still out on his other picks and his willingness to represent the orginization with his re-signings. Colbert lives for the moment for a couple of years and then feels the need to move on, the big thing that bothers me about him is he doesn't recognize chemistry, nor does he seem to care. I believe tomorrow night may solidify or crucify his legacy in Pittsburgh!