Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 08-23-2006, 06:00 PM   #1
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Automatica Exita!

Looks like 1st year rookie has done enough to beat out some strong competition from Martin Gramatica.

Im reasonably sure that some teams will have a look at this guy now that he has been released.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal.../reiss_pieces/

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:05 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,108 Times in 4,597 Posts
Default Re: Automatica Exita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
some strong competition from Martin Gramatica.

NM

dan snyder might see if he has something left in the leg.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:07 AM   #3
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

wow....

From Viniteri to an untested rookie.....

How many games will THAT cost the Pats???
Old 08-24-2006, 01:59 PM   #4
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203 View Post
wow....

From Viniteri to an untested rookie.....

How many games will THAT cost the Pats???
I'm thinking at least three.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:04 PM   #5
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

In the AFC....just one game could cost you a playoff spot....
Old 08-24-2006, 02:39 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

As I keep saying the drop off between a rookie and Vinatieri in his prime is quite large - however I dont think that will be the Vinatieri we would have seen this year.

Being in a dome will boost his numbers for sure, helping both his accuracy and his length but I have my doubts as to whether he could have kicked a FG of the type that tied the game against the Raiders when the dynasty started.

Quite frankly saying that the Patriots will lose 3 extra regular games because of Adam's absence is nonsense - when the Patriots won their last two SB's they had a very healthy points differential - it was only in the post season that we came to rely on his golden leg.

Another bonus for Steeler fans - when/if we play you guys you may get a little closer to beating us without a WR who laterals the ball to the opposition.

NM
Old 08-24-2006, 02:47 PM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
As I keep saying the drop off between a rookie and Vinatieri in his prime is quite large - however I dont think that will be the Vinatieri we would have seen this year.

Being in a dome will boost his numbers for sure, helping both his accuracy and his length but I have my doubts as to whether he could have kicked a FG of the type that tied the game against the Raiders when the dynasty started.
Quite frankly saying that the Patriots will lose 3 extra regular games because of Adam's absence is nonsense - when the Patriots won their last two SB's they had a very healthy points differential - it was only in the post season that we came to rely on his golden leg.

Another bonus for Steeler fans - when/if we play you guys you may get a little closer to beating us without a WR who laterals the ball to the opposition.

NM
Maybe not, but he sure as heck could have kicked the tying field goal in the AFC playoff game last year against the Colts. There isn't a better pressure kicker in the league.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:11 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,108 Times in 4,597 Posts

Quote:

NM
when the pats won their last 2 sb's they had crennell, weiss, vinatieri, givens, law, mcginest, etc. how was that points differential last year?

poor randle el. his career (and sb ring won in the game where he threw the nicest pass and became the only wr to toss a td in a sb) will be forever tarnished by that lateral against the pats. proof again that if you cant beat the pats, you cant be champs
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:01 PM   #9
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:

NM
Remember this 35% of all NFL games are won by 3 points or less.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:37 PM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head View Post
Remember this 35% of all NFL games are won by 3 points or less.
Well im not too sure where you get those particular stats from CCSH, but maybe they apply to more run-of-the-mill teams?

My calculations lead me to believe that Patriots regular season games over the last 3 years have been decided by an average of 11.71 points.

Furthermore, 7 out of the 48 regular season games over that span were decided by 3 points or less - which I calculate to be much less than 35% - the figure is actually 14.58%.

Feel free to do your own research - maybe the other teams in the league keep their games much closer than the Patriots.

NM