Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #21
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,150 Times in 1,255 Posts
Default Re: Report: Pittsburgh Steelers Have Zeroed in on Two Prospects for the Seventeenth O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
I still think we go long snapper in the first
you sure i thought we were going punter?
Tomlin said to me: "Our offense stinks, Todd is a bum, Ben is a bum, gilbert is just gonna roll into some lineman ankles, brown is more worried about giving the first down signal, and dwyer just wants to eat saint vincent cafe food all day, so were gonna go punter." "make it a field position game"

Hopefully Tomlin didnt lie to me.
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #22
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,739 Times in 7,498 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Report: Pittsburgh Steelers Have Zeroed in on Two Prospects for the Seventeenth O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Both are great prospects, but hey, what do the experts know? Let's sit here and criticize a guy for being 23 instead of the typical 21 or 22, or for having "spinal issues" that were proven by several dozen medical experts to have been a misdiagnosis. Or criticize a guy who is one of the most dynamic players with the ball in his hands that we've seen in a while because he's a little rough around the edges.
I don't get this post.

Aren't we all on here, to discuss players that we like (or dislike)? Isn't that part of the fun and/or the draw of the NFL draft? Aren't we all just playing the role of Internet GM?

I'm sure that there are players that you prefer (or do not want) to be drafted by the Steelers (e.g. Le'Veon Bell). I like Franklin, Lattimore, & Bell... and maybe you do, as well... or maybe you don't. Who cares?

Likewise, some of us prefer Hopkins to Patterson, while you prefer Patterson. And...??? What's wrong with that???

[Note: On Mariucci's show on NFL Network, Patterson compared himself to Dez Bryant... which explains my (attempt at a) joke w/ his name.]
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
WokeUpWithaWoodley (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #23
ebsteelers
Living Legend

Matt Elam= scrub
The Following User Says Thank You to ebsteelers For This Useful Post:
teegre (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #24
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsteelers View Post
Matt Elam= scrub
Why you...!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #25
Rabbit
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 24863
My Mood: Flirty

I like Hopkins more than any other receiver in this draft tbh. I just think some of the criticisms here are unwarranted, notably Jones' age and nonexistent injury issues.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #26
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
I like Hopkins more than any other receiver in this draft tbh. I just think some of the criticisms here are unwarranted, notably Jones' age and nonexistent injury issues.
Agreed.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #27
ebsteelers
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Why you...!!!
hhahahahaha
Old 04-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #28
ebsteelers
Living Legend

Quote:
agreed the whole injury stuff with jones seems more to push him down draft boards... how many games did he miss cause of this spinal injury? answer: none

and as far as combine and pro day... putting too much stock in those numbers is why you seem teams picking top 10 every year

and the lazy part? had never heard it before being here. its hard to put much stock in stuff like that before the draft as it could be done to push guys down the board

i think jones production ON the field which as far as i know is where the game is played, speaks for it self..
toughest conference in college football, won sec defensive player of the year, 20 + sacks, 40 + tackles for a loss. (seems like if your fighting those stats, your just looking for reasons to not take him).

end of the day : every guy will come with questions, its the job of the steelers to make those negatives positive
Old 04-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #29
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw

The reports on Jones are that he is "lazy" in the weight room (and who knows if that really means "lazy" or just not insane like Harrison, which few players are), but as far as on the field he takes no plays off, gives his all and has a nonstop motor.

I can't speak for the former statement but I watched several Georgia games and can definitely vouch for the latter. The dude was a monster on the field and I never thought we would have a chance in hell to draft him.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #30
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

RE: JONES

WORK ETHIC
I have heard from a few SEC fans that Jones does not really try hard in practice. BUT, neither did Lawrence Taylor.

Now, I do not want a player who will get out of shape (doubt it), but I have known plenty of dudes who played far better when the lights were on, than they did at practice. I mean... it's better than the opposite: Malcolm Johnson was impossible to cover in practice, but didn't do ANYTHING in the real game.

This means that he'll only play 6-8 years (instead of 8-10). Uh... okay.

SPINAL QWERTYTOSIS
Michael Irvin played with the same ailment.