Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
SteelerEmpire
Team President

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,516 Times in 688 Posts
Default James Harrison making less with Bengals (Less than 'with' Steelers pay cut)

Article:

As everyone expected, linebacker James Harrison is making a lot less money for the Cincinnati Bengals than he would have if he took a pay cut with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

How much less?

LINK: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...s-with-bengals

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelerEmpire For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: James Harrison making less with Bengals (Less than 'with' Steelers pay cut)

I'm curious to see how much less. He gambled and lost. I totally understand why he didn't want the paycut though He ooutperformed Woodley who would be making double his pay
Old 04-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,569 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: James Harrison making less with Bengals (Less than 'with' Steelers pay cut)

Someone needs to fire their agent.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

It's possible that James wasn't listening to his agent, or even that he overruled him. Emotions can take over. We can only guess ...

Anyway, the Steelers certainly gave it a fair shot, even more than fair. It's a sad situation. He was playing great by the end of the year, and I think he's got a few productive years left. He really should have been a Steeler this year.

The black and gold ostrich of rebuilding denial.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheVet For This Useful Post:
tony hipchest (04-25-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Whoever was at fault - James or his annoying agent - made a serious miscalculation.

In some cases, miscalculationg could be a gamble or a flat-out mistake. In this particular case - i think it was plain old stupidity.
Age. Injuries. League reputation. They should have known better. Bad move in the Harrison camp and not a smart one. That said - i'm glad Cincy picked him up so he can finish his career playing
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRH For This Useful Post:
austinfrench76 (04-25-2013), lloydwoodson (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
NSMaster56
Team Owner

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet View Post
Emotions can take over.
Roid rage???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet View Post
He really should have been a Steeler this year.
Exactly.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

This signing make no sense for the Bengals and Harrison. He is not a 4 3 guy and can't see how they plan on using him. Who ever made the mistake; now it's there problem. Steelers made wise move. They were more than fair with him. This was a locker room move by the Bengals. Good luck to him and his greedy agent.
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #8
cowherpower
Banned

Member Number: 24556

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
This signing make no sense for the Bengals and Harrison. He is not a 4 3 guy and can't see how they plan on using him. Who ever made the mistake; now it's there problem. Steelers made wise move. They were more than fair with him. This was a locker room move by the Bengals. Good luck to him and his greedy agent.
wait...why isn't he a 4-3 guy? Because that's what you hear from 'experts' or because he has only played in that scheme? To me, he is very stout against the run and a great pass rusher. What do you think makes a good 4-3 DE?

I think he gets double digit sacks next season. I think Harrison went to Cinci on general principle. He's made lots of money and performed very well for the Steelers for years. He felt they owed him. They disagreed. The fact that he signed w/the Bungles backs this up. He could have waited and gotten a better one year incentive laden deal. But then he may not be able to play us twice. I'm also pretty sure that if he shows he is healthy and produces, that second year is going to be thrown out when they do a longer deal. I view it as a one year, show me you are over your injuries before we commit to too much money deal.
cowherpower is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cowherpower For This Useful Post:
SteelersRush (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #9
SteelersRush
Water Boy

Member Number: 3207

It's difficult to believe the front office at Pittsburgh and so many football fans could be so wrong about James. I'm saying it now. This year he goes back to the Probowl AS USUAL. Why vets would sign contracts with the steelers going into 33-34 year old range is beyond me. The front office time and again breaks the contract originally signed by both parties and demands the player take a paycut. And no, that players performance over the years means nothing. If it did The "wizards of smart" in the front office would have asked the 9 mil dollar ROLB to take a paycut based on his performance. Yes, I'm talking about Woodley. Both have started 6 seasons for the steelers. 1 Has went to 5 probowls of those 6 seasons and the other 1. Harrison has 60 sacks and 5 interceptions and Woodley comes in at 52 sacks and 5 interceptions. This 1 stat really is hard to believe. Forced Fumbles. Woodley has 8 over the past 6 seasons, The monster, 29. My point is the front office can't be engendering any kind of loyalty with it's veteran players making demands like this. Anyway thinks for reading my 2 cents and Woodley! take that damn twinkie out of your mouth and get in the gym!
SteelersRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
SteelersRush
Water Boy

Member Number: 3207

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowherpower View Post
wait...why isn't he a 4-3 guy? Because that's what you hear from 'experts' or because he has only played in that scheme? To me, he is very stout against the run and a great pass rusher. What do you think makes a good 4-3 DE?

I think he gets double digit sacks next season. I think Harrison went to Cinci on general principle. He's made lots of money and performed very well for the Steelers for years. He felt they owed him. They disagreed. The fact that he signed w/the Bungles backs this up. He could have waited and gotten a better one year incentive laden deal. But then he may not be able to play us twice. I'm also pretty sure that if he shows he is healthy and produces, that second year is going to be thrown out when they do a longer deal. I view it as a one year, show me you are over your injuries before we commit to too much money deal.
The Silverback played in a 4-3 art Kent State. Was he successful? Ask Ben.
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...cesses-510121/
SteelersRush is offline   Reply With Quote