Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #21
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: James Harrison making less with Bengals (Less than 'with' Steelers pay cut)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Peon View Post
Boy, do I really hope that all the "Steeler Fans" bagging on James all over the web are correct, because I have a feeling that he's not quite done wrecking house. This, unfortunately, might actually be just what the Bungholes need, to go along with a young and developing offense. I'm not throwing the Steelers under the bus by a long shot, but we might have a really hard time winning the division this coming year.

And, just to provide an example of something like this happening before, while not saying the chances of it are good, a similar deal went down with another #92, Reggie White. While he and James play fairly different positions, they are both giant threats on defense, more specifically in pressuring the QB. So, way back in 1993 (exactly 20 years ago) Reggie signed with Green Bay (from the Eagles) at the ripe old age of 32, but nicely complimented the young and developing offense led by the now-legendary Brett Favre. He was instrumental 4 years later in 1997, and at age 36, when the Packers won the SB. The following year he won DPOY, when the Packers again went to the Super Bowl, this time losing to the Elway led Broncos.

Can lightning like this strike twice? I don't even know which way to hope for.
I don't think you can compare Harrison to White. Harrison had an amazing 4 year run. Reggie White is one of the 5 best defensive players of all time.

Yes, I think Harrison has something left in the tank but he relies on speed and explosiveness as an edge rusher while White relied mostly on brute strength. Harrison is not going to have even close to the production White did late in their careers.

Also, 4-3 linebackers don't get a lot of opportunities to rush. Harrison will have responsibilities of stopping the run and the pass first and foremost.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #22
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,093 Times in 764 Posts
Default Re: James Harrison making less with Bengals (Less than 'with' Steelers pay cut)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersRush View Post
"there is no monster under the bed, there is no monster under the bed"
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote