Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 08-25-2006, 04:58 PM   #11
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305
Default Re: speculation DUCE back to eagles?

No idea why we didnt, we are going to be drafting a RB early next year anyway... i thought he could have helped us alot i thought.... we tried twice to do so, but i guess we didnt want to give up Morgan or a pick higher than 4 to get him.
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:31 PM   #12
Dynasty
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2396

It's stupid that we would pass on duckett just for Quince... Especially because a lot of reports say he is gonna be cut.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:33 PM   #13
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WySilv View Post
It's stupid that we would pass on duckett just for Quince... Especially because a lot of reports say he is gonna be cut.
Who's to say the Falcons wanted Quincy Morgan? It takes two to tango.

The speculation going around on this Duckett situation and Staley being traded/released (even though the reports were shot down by Staley's agent and Lockett) is unbelievable.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 08-25-2006 at 06:41 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:55 PM   #14
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

On Savrans show he and Bouchette were just discussing Duce....Ed went on to say that he doesn't think that Staley will be going anywhere because they're not that deep a running back.

He also mentioned that the Steelers were disappointed at how he showed up out of shap at camp, Cowher mentioned on Wednesday that Duce is finally getting into "running shape," which he should have been in when he REPORTED to camp in July. DAH! There is no one there to push him and he will make the team. Bouchette also went on to say that Colbert told him (Bouchette) that they were not shopping Staley and they didn't talk to the Eagles despite what was said on the NFL channel.

So I guess whoever made mention they were at camp and thought Staley's ass was a bit on the big side was absolutely right. You would think with Duce being a veteran would have his together. What the hell is wrong with these guys!!! Get the sad puss off your face and PLAY!!!!
Old 08-25-2006, 07:09 PM   #15
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Want-Troy's-Hair View Post
On Savrans show he and Bouchette were just discussing Duce....Ed went on to say that he doesn't think that Staley will be going anywhere because they're not that deep a running back.

He also mentioned that the Steelers were disappointed at how he showed up out of shap at camp, Cowher mentioned on Wednesday that Duce is finally getting into "running shape," which he should have been in when he REPORTED to camp in July. DAH! There is no one there to push him and he will make the team. Bouchette also went on to say that Colbert told him (Bouchette) that they were not shopping Staley and they didn't talk to the Eagles despite what was said on the NFL channel.

So I guess whoever made mention they were at camp and thought Staley's ass was a bit on the big side was absolutely right. You would think with Duce being a veteran would have his together. What the hell is wrong with these guys!!! Get the sad puss off your face and PLAY!!!!

Once I heard Lockett's take on the "shopping Duce" rumors going around, it pretty much solidified that the story was BS from the start. I'll take the Steelers communications coordinator's word for it. He knows more than we do when situations such as these are brewed up and put out there for all to speculate on.

Well, all we can do now is sit back and see how Duce performs when it counts instead of hanging him after a few preseason games. It's nice to hear that Cowher stated he's finally getting into "running shape". Now, let him and give him a chance to prove it.

Unless we want to continue beating a dead horse....lol.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 08-25-2006 at 07:25 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:14 PM   #16
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305

Everyone has said that who has been at camp, that Staley has look fat .. plus he has looked it in the pre season games up to this point.. the word sluggish is used. Staley may have not been shopped to the eagles, but i do believe the Steelers did try to dangle him out there because just recently he has made mention that they probably wont have a short yardage back/ goalline bach which had appeared to be Staley's role coming into camp, so the reports sound right and the reports were made from other GM's around league. Plus, we did go after Duckett but the Falcons wouldnt bite so it does appear the Steelers were looking in going a different direction recently. I dont think was just something that was thrown up in the air.

If they keep Staley, i just hope he slims down so he can be a little more mobile.
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:38 PM   #17
Dynasty
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2396

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Who's to say the Falcons wanted Quincy Morgan? It takes two to tango.

The speculation going around on this Duckett situation and Staley being traded/released (even though the reports were shot down by Staley's agent and Lockett) is unbelievable.
I'm not saying that they wanted him specifically, but the Falcons were definately in the market for a 3rd wide reciever, shown by the Lelie trade. And considering how loaded at WR the Steelers are, it seems reasonable that we could have given up our 5th string (or so) wideout for a talented running back.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:52 PM   #18
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WySilv View Post
I'm not saying that they wanted him specifically, but the Falcons were definately in the market for a 3rd wide reciever, shown by the Lelie trade. And considering how loaded at WR the Steelers are, it seems reasonable that we could have given up our 5th string (or so) wideout for a talented running back.
And our 3rd round pick next year......
Old 08-25-2006, 10:53 PM   #19
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Oh well. He's in DC now. No point.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:56 PM   #20
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

After tonite, let Duce go to the Eagles.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote