Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #1
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 2,694 Times in 1,491 Posts
Default Jarvis interview after pick

Jarvis Jones Conference Call Transcript

Re: Confident that he wouldn’t fall past the 17th pick:

I just had a great visit and I talked to Coach Tomlin at my pro day. I was very confident and they sounded pretty legit to me. He was talking about how he liked my game and how I could fit in right away, and do what I’m supposed to do. Just come in and play, they needed an outside linebacker. I’m just so happy to be a part of this organization. I know they have a great defense, and they always have been known for their defense. That’s something they take pride in and are very passionate about. I’m just so happy to be a part of this organization.

Re: Comparing himself to James Harrison:

I’ve got a lot of work to do to get to James Harrison. The guy is powerful, has speed and he is a pro. I’m trying to get on the level he’s at. I’ve got a lot of work to do. He’s one of the guys I look up to as far as trying to learn how to better my game and better my craft. He’s a great player, and I love him and the way he plays. As for me, how would I compare my game to his? I think we both play relentlessly. You can tell we’re both passionate about this game in the way we play. We’re ball hawks, we’re impact players and we make plays when they need to be made.

I know you have been working out with Ike Taylor the past couple months. What did he have to say about the Steelers organization to you?

Ike is one of my best mentors and we train together. He just talked about how great the program is and what their defense means up there. It means a whole lot. They take pride in what they do. Everybody knows the Steel Curtain. It’s their thing, the defense in Pittsburgh. I’m just so happy to work hard for this organization.

What, if any questions did the Steelers have for you about your health, and how did the doctors confidently convey to them that you thought you were good enough medically to be drafted this high?

They did not have any questions at all. I was fine at the combine. The doctor had cleared me. After I left the combine I was cleared. I did not have to go back to get re-checked. All that was over with. Everyone pretty much stopped questioning me about my spine.

Do you think your combine time cost you falling down in this draft?

At the end of the day, I don’t know. I think I just made a great fit with the Pittsburgh Steelers. I am loving it. The combine stuff is over with now. I’m in the zone right now, and I’m enjoying it. I’m just trying to stay on the positives and enjoy it and get to work.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
Corey120120 (04-26-2013), Grav (04-26-2013), harrison'samonster (04-26-2013), TRH (04-26-2013), WokeUpWithaWoodley (04-26-2013)
Old 04-26-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 2,694 Times in 1,491 Posts
Default Re: Jarvis interview after pick

He couldn't wait for a flight:

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
BLACK_AND_YELLOW (04-26-2013)
Old 04-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Starter

Member Number: 24000

I was upset some last night with the pick......because I was really high on eilfert and he would of added a dangerous element to our offense and the fct he went to the bengals has made them a dangerous offense and I'm scared of willy gay trying to cover him.

And again I understand the talent of jones and what his potential can be, I'd just like to see a few things from him

Get stronger at the point of attack just get stronger all together (which the strength program should do.....but work hard on it on your own )

And study study study study study study study that play book. I want to see your impact plays from college translate to the nfl in year one ( I'm sick of seein guys sit on the bench)

Work on coverage

Oh one more.....stay healthy and in shape!
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #4
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
I was upset some last night with the pick......because I was really high on eilfert and he would of added a dangerous element to our offense and the fct he went to the bengals has made them a dangerous offense and I'm scared of willy gay trying to cover him.

And again I understand the talent of jones and what his potential can be, I'd just like to see a few things from him

Get stronger at the point of attack just get stronger all together (which the strength program should do.....but work hard on it on your own )

And study study study study study study study that play book. I want to see your impact plays from college translate to the nfl in year one ( I'm sick of seein guys sit on the bench)
Work on coverage

Same here. PLAY the kid!
Steelers>NFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
steelbelieve
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21191

Quote:

Work on coverage

Remember bro, Ertz is still out there, and a few other promising TE prospects.
steelbelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbelieve View Post
Remember bro, Ertz is still out there, and a few other promising TE prospects.
This..
Escobar, Sims, McDonals, Ertz

all could still be had in later round and good end up being comparable to Eifert.. where i think the value of someone compared to jones in later round dips a bit
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ebsteelers For This Useful Post:
Sharkissle29 (04-26-2013)
Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsteelers View Post
This..
Escobar, Sims, McDonals, Ertz

all could still be had in later round and good end up being comparable to Eifert.. where i think the value of someone compared to jones in later round dips a bit
Great point - At this point I'm hoping we get Escobar or Ertz - the more I watch Escobar, the more I see him as a career Steeler. Although, I do have my worries about these warm weather loving guys . . .

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #8
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

I know I've said this hut I love this pick. We were lucky, 2 years in a row, a too 10 talent falls to us. To the points above, now study yer ass off!!!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #9
STEELAMANIA
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8791

Quote:

Work on coverage

Enough with the Eiffort boloney.....he will have to learn the offense and he is not a blocker like heath. He is a weapon but not the whole package. Jarvis is the whole package for a Steeler OLB.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #10
STEELAMANIA
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8791

Jarvis is day one starter........