Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #11
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: As a Steelers fan, I will regret...

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
Drafting Jason Woirlds. I love the Jones pick. Lets face it here; Jones is not a depth player.He's a starter. Obviously the Steelers have no faith in Woirlds jumping in. There are more pressing needs on this team; had Woirlds worked out than olb; like finding replacments at both safety spots and a replacement for Foote.
Again, it's not that they have no faith in Worilds, it's that they have no faith they can retain him. They took too long to develop and unleash him and now even if he does well we would be unable to re-sign him unless we got rid of Woodley or somebody else with a huge contract. If we didn't draft an OLB, we'd be sitting here next year with Chirs Carter penciled in at ROLB and Worilds off with a huge contract somewhere else. And besides, Jones was the definition of a BPA pick, it's not like they reached for some 2nd round OLB prospect.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

....I will regret nothing

I just hope some idiots pick Geno and Teo early so they will shut up about these clowns already
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #13
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

OK - now I'm scared

PFT Rd 2

48. Steelers: Linebacker Manti Te’o, Notre Dame

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #14
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725

Hiring Tom Donahoe.

Because the Steelers hired Donahoe as GM, the Steelers did not resign Rod Woodson in the 1997 offseason. Rod Woodson eventually found himself with the Baltimore Ravens and was a pro bowl safety for them. Rod Woodson departed the Ravens in 2002 for the Oakland Raiders. With his departure, the Ravens had a need for a high caliber safety.

In 2002 the Ravens drafted Ed Reed to replace the departed Woodson. The Steelers also needed a safety and were very high on Reed, but the Ravens nabbed him before the Steelers selection.

In 2013, Ed Reed left the Baltimore Ravens for the Houston Texans. This created a need with the Ravens for a high caliber safety. The Steelers also had a need for a young, standout safety, but the Ravens had the selection before the Steelers.

The Steelers probably could have traded up ahead of the Ravens, which would have cost them a few picks. Instead, they opted to hold onto those picks so that they could select Denard Robinson in the 5th round.

Yes, this is all Donahoes fault.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #15
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Again, it's not that they have no faith in Worilds, it's that they have no faith they can retain him. They took too long to develop and unleash him and now even if he does well we would be unable to re-sign him unless we got rid of Woodley or somebody else with a huge contract. If we didn't draft an OLB, we'd be sitting here next year with Chirs Carter penciled in at ROLB and Worilds off with a huge contract somewhere else. And besides, Jones was the definition of a BPA pick, it's not like they reached for some 2nd round OLB prospect.
I don't think this thread was intended to be a debate. I think it was set up for people's own opinions. You have yours; i have mine. If Woirlds was such a star; Harrison would have been gone a lot sooner than a few weeks ago. You seem to think he's going to light it up this year and that the Steelers won't be able to sign him reasoning why the Steelers took Jones? I hope he does light it up; but me : I don't think so!! To me this pick is obvious that they think Woirlds is a bust. Steelers have pressing needs at safety; inside linebacker. There were some good ones there when they picked!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #16
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 7,564 Times in 3,082 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
OK - now I'm scared

PFT Rd 2

48. Steelers: Linebacker Manti Teo, Notre Dame

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
Yeah, I know. I would rather draft someone else. I don't think he's a bad pick in the second, but I tried to tell everyone that he is not an explosive athlete and he struggles in space. There is a chance he won't go until the 3rd. He'll probably go in the mid to late 2nd, but you never know. Navarro Bowman went in the 3rd, and he was a much more athletic player than Te'o. People get wrapped up in the PR machine that is Notre Dame and the press falling all over this guy.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #17
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,013 Times in 2,570 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
Yeah, I know. I would rather draft someone else. I don't think he's a bad pick in the second, but I tried to tell everyone that he is not an explosive athlete and he struggles in space. There is a chance he won't go until the 3rd. He'll probably go in the mid to late 2nd, but you never know. Navarro Bowman went in the 3rd, and he was a much more athletic player than Te'o. People get wrapped up in the PR machine that is Notre Dame and the press falling all over this guy.
Agree, if people think Larry Foote is too slow, they're not going to like Te'o
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #18
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 7,564 Times in 3,082 Posts
My Mood: Amused

I will regret not drinking more during the draft.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #19
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
Agree, if people think Larry Foote is too slow, they're not going to like Te'o
Te'o is faster than Jones (4.7 vs. 4.9)
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #20
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,013 Times in 2,570 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
Te'o is faster than Jones (4.7 vs. 4.9)
2 entirely different positions. as an OLB they mostly rush the passer and contain the run. it's better to be quick than fast as an OLB. as an inside backer, you may have to be fast enough to cover tight ends.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote