Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Help Center > Feedback & Support

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 08-24-2006, 02:11 PM   #51
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Thanks for letting us in on the reasons behind this decision, Pros - it is appreciated, as are you for all you do around here.

People who are tech geniuses (or know someone who is) can always find a way to conceal their identities by using computers with different ISPs, registering under an alias and neg-repping those (non-contributors) who can't see who the "culprit" is. It's just a shame that a few worms had to ruin it for those of us who used the rep system as a kudos instead of a popularity tool. Who really gives a hoot if you're the king or queen of an internet BB? LMFAO!!!
Unfortunately, that's where we are in the Internet generation. You have people whose entire lives revolve around being the "top dog" on a message board, because their real lives are that unfulfilling or miserable, or crave attention. As a result, it's extremely difficult to keep something like reputation because ultimately, people like this will abuse it in order to spread their misery because they feel their little world has been "imposed on." A message board is NOT real life, nor was it intended to be.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:04 PM   #52
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Unfortunately, that's where we are in the Internet generation. You have people whose entire lives revolve around being the "top dog" on a message board, because their real lives are that unfulfilling or miserable, or crave attention. As a result, it's extremely difficult to keep something like reputation because ultimately, people like this will abuse it in order to spread their misery because they feel their little world has been "imposed on." A message board is NOT real life, nor was it intended to be.
You get a TH#3 (named fondly after you know who!)and for that post! Very sad, but very true.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:30 PM   #53
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

well if ppl weren't little bitches and complained about every little thing the site would still have a rep system....smh @ all you little whiners out there that take this shit so serious that you would run to the admin or mod and complain. stop being bitches and just take it and none of this would've happened
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:00 PM   #54
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I can honestly say that I have never neg-repped anyone on any BB. Instead of doing that, I took the adult route - I PM'd them and talked it out and if the problem couldn't be solved, I just put them on ignore. I didn't want to expose everyone else to a flame-fest - that isn't fair to the other posters. Not that what you did was wrong, FCG - I just take a different approach.
I actually think I handled it in a very adult way. The guy wasn't being a jerk to me personally....just to several people on the board with never-ending posts using really foul language and personal attacks. I finally dinged him for it...told him who I was....and suggested that he talk about football and the team he supports instead, and I did it all in a private way....just what I thought the neg rep was there for. Like I said, in that instance it worked out really well.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:28 PM   #55
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Well it's good to see a stand has been taken. I was getting sick of hearing about the complaints. Good to see there was a change.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:09 PM   #56
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Also. a couple old posters left because of the bs being caused by it. That is what bothered me most.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:18 PM   #57
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Aw man, I was really looking forward to getting that rep up over 500!

I've been in some really highly opinionated discussions with other members and it was nice to be able to give a good rep "good argument!" as an aside.

There are all kinds here, I guess. Even without the rep the respect will stay the same. I appreciate getting it, and I'll always try to give it in return.

And I know, I'm hardly the only one who is jumping out of his/her skin, I can't wait for the season to start!

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:27 AM   #58
AZ_Steeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I would have liked a compromise whereby you could still rep someone but their points wouldn't show on your profile.
This is actually a really good compromise and suggestion. Maybe have the rep be a toggle option that says turn on the rep for you or leave it off, so when you have a post people can see you have the Thumb up thumb down and have opted to turn on ... Just a thought
AZ_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:30 PM   #59
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

I really do miss the rep system. A few people abuse it and some people complain about it and its gone. That sucks it really sucks.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 02:07 PM   #60
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
Aw man, I was really looking forward to getting that rep up over 500!

Would you settle for 500 dancing, jumping bananas instead?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote