Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #51
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,614 Times in 1,982 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: NBA center Jason Collins just came out

Another non-story. I mean, i'm glad you're proud of your sexuality, but don't think for one minute you're more special than any of the other thousands of athletes. You don't see straight athletes running around saying "I like vagina!" because, well, no one gives a shit what they like! Do well for your team and you'll have the love of your fans. It's as simple as that.

Same as athletes being "politically active". You have every right to be active politically, but all people care about is how you do as an athlete. If you go around thumping your chest politically it's sort of unnecessary.

More people will come out over the next couple of months, and i'll be busy trying to find fucks to give, because honestly, you're no different in my eyes. Just like blacks are no different than whites, and i'm SURE AS HELL not about to treat homosexuals any different than straights! I may believe in god, but I don't recall god ever giving me the right to judge anyone other than myself!

Anyway. Good for you, Jason.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #52
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915
Default Re: Have fun Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
Not trying to instigate anything here, but living a gay lifestyle seems to be something that comes more from something deep inside an individual and not just a simple "yes-no" conscious choice decision as you describe.
I'm not trying to instigate a religious debate either bro, but the same can be said about one's religious convictions. My ONLY point is that society picks and chooses whom we are supposed to be tolerant of and whom we may be outspoken against. I'm just saying that I don't subscribe to that and never will. Wallace didn't hurt anyone with his comments and shouldn't have been reprimanded by the Dolphins. Let's face it, they were only concerned about image and negative publicity; they don't give a crap about fairness and human equality.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #53
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,528 Times in 2,676 Posts
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
So is living a gay lifestyle. See, you already come at me in a bashing tone. Proved my point.
What you don't know is a lot

All generalizations are dangerous.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #54
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
I'm not trying to instigate a religious debate either bro, but the same can be said about one's religious convictions. My ONLY point is that society picks and chooses whom we are supposed to be tolerant of and whom we may be outspoken against. I'm just saying that I don't subscribe to that and never will. Wallace didn't hurt anyone with his comments and shouldn't have been reprimanded by the Dolphins. Let's face it, they were only concerned about image and negative publicity; they don't give a crap about fairness and human equality.
He does hurt people. The reason gays stay in the closet is fear. That fear is real because the ignorant taliban of any creed is dangerous.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
Rabbit (04-30-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #55
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

I don't think Gay people choose their gay lifestyle but its not genetic either. If it was then the "gay gene" would have died out long ago as it is not a gene that promotes reproduction.

If you can't get a handle on it - think of it as a fetish. Ox is an ass man, Hawaii like breasts, bayz likes long legs, eb is into eyes, Rex Ryan likes feet and teegre likes short black safeties from Florida. Why? Who knows - and no one will ever figure it out either.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #56
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,191 Times in 598 Posts

Hey, I gotta question for everyone. Is a guy still gay if he does gay for pay?
Old 04-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #57
OX1947
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
I don't think Gay people choose their gay lifestyle but its not genetic either. If it was then the "gay gene" would have died out long ago as it is not a gene that promotes reproduction.

If you can't get a handle on it - think of it as a fetish. Ox is an ass man, Hawaii like breasts, bayz likes long legs, eb is into eyes, Rex Ryan likes feet and teegre likes short black safeties from Florida. Why? Who knows - and no one will ever figure it out either.
How the hell did you know I was an ass man? Have you been tapping into my rotary phone?
Old 04-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #58
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post

The argument that it would die out is a misunderstanding of genetics. It would be true to say that homosexuality isn't the manifestation of the gene that creates an advantage but many genes or combinations of genes have complex and varied manifestations.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #59
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Hey, I gotta question for everyone. Is a guy still gay if he does gay for pay?
you are what you think is funny

Old 04-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #60
OX1947
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
you are what you think is funny
But I'm not gay. Not even a little. Not even anything.
Closed Thread