Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 05-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #21
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,024 Times in 3,728 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: my anti-theism is coming out tonight

Cartoons taught me that men did ride dinosaurs
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (05-14-2013), Vis (05-06-2013)
Old 05-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #22
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,212 Times in 2,564 Posts

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (05-14-2013), The_Joker (05-14-2013)
Old 05-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #23
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,050 Times in 1,789 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

Make no mistake, this isn't God's earth anymore.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
The_Joker (05-14-2013)
Old 05-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #24
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

During the Reign of Terror of the French Revolution, one morning’s executions began with three men: a rabbi, a Catholicpriest, and a rationalist skeptic.

The rabbi was marched up onto the platform first. There, facing the guillotine, he was asked if he had any last words. And the rabbi cried out, “I believe in the one and only true God, and He shall save me.” The executioner then positioned the rabbi below the blade, set the block above his neck, and pulled the cord to set the terrible instrument in motion. The heavy cleaver plunged downward, searing the air. But then, abruptly, it stopped with a crack just a few inches above the would-be victim’s neck. To which the rabbi said, “I told you so.”
“It’s a miracle!” gasped the crowd. And the executioner had to agree, letting the rabbi go.
Next in line was the priest. Asked for his final words, he declared, “I believe in Jesus Christ the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost who will rescue me in my hour of need.” The executioner then positioned this man beneath the blade. And he pulled the cord. Again the blade flew downward thump! creak! …stopping just short of its mark once more.
“Another miracle!” sighed the disappointed crowd. And the executioner for the second time had no choice but to let the condemned go free.
Now it was the skeptic’s turn. “What final words have you to say?” he was asked. But the skeptic didn’t hear. Staring intently at the ominous engine of death, he seemed lost. Not until the executioner poked him in the ribs and the question was asked again did he reply.
“Oh, I see your problem,” the skeptic said pointing. “You’ve got a blockage in the gear assembly, right there!”

Old 05-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #25
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Old 05-23-2013, 01:56 AM   #26
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
I still prefer the Old Atheists:

Bertrand Russell -
“And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence”

“So far as I can remember there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.”

“If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.”

“No man treats a motorcar as foolishly as he treats another human being. When the car will not go, he does not attribute its annoying behavior to sin; he does not say, 'You are a wicked motorcar, and I shall not give you any more petrol until you go.' He attempts to find out what is wrong and to set it right.”

“I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world. ”

Friedrich Nietzsche -
"Belief in the truth commences with the doubting of all those “truths” we once believed."

"The church is precisely that against which Jesus preached -- and against which he taught his disciples to fight."

"Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies."

"God is a thought which makes crooked all that is straight."

"
That everyone as an “immortal soul” has equal rank with everyone else, that in the totality of living beings the “salvation” of every single individual may claim eternal significance, that little prigs and three-quarter madmen may have the conceit that the laws of nature are constantly broken for their sakes—such an intensification of every kind of selfishness into the infinite, into the impertinent, cannot be branded with too much contempt. And yet Christianity owes its triumph to this miserable flattery of personal vanity: it was precisely all the failures, all the rebellious-minded, all the less favored, the whole scum and refuse of humanity who were thus won over to it. The “salvation of the soul"—in plain language: “the world revolves around me.”

Mark Twain -

"The gods offer no rewards for intellect. There was never one yet that showed any interest in it..."

Protagoras -
"Man is the measure of all things, of things that are that they are, of things that are not that they are not."

Aristophanes -
"Open your mouth and shut your eyes, and see what Zeus shall send you."
Old 07-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #27
JonM229
Living Legend

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,512 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Why religion causes brain damage:

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #28
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,967 Times in 1,848 Posts

And you thought religion causes brain damage.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #29
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (07-24-2013)
Old 07-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #30
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,950 Times in 885 Posts

Most religion are mixed with a lot of good, philosophical tactics to live life by; and then a whole bunch of BS is thrown in there with it to "help" make the BS more believable (the good ol' mixing a lie with the truth tactic... taught in many business mgmt classes). We've seen or heard of the dark side of just about every religion in the last few decades, so I would not fault anyone who stood as an atheist but to even applaud their decision to do so.
If you separate the BS ideas of religion (very EASILY spotted), and use certain tenants of it instead as a "philosophy" of what to do in certain situations in life, then that's about the only true benefit you can get out of it that's actually 'identifiable'.

Represents every thing GOOD about religion:

Represents everything BAD about religion:

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelerEmpire For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (07-24-2013)