Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default The `What's the 2014 NFL season going to be like?` thread.

AMERICAN:

Patriots: Patriots are legit Superbowls contenders, as usual. That means, more than likely, a 3rd consecutive AFC Championship game appearance. What will remain to be seen is whether or not they have that extra umph at the end of the season to put them over the top. The health of Gronkowski will be a major issue. I think because of his injury in 2011 against the Ravens, and his injury last season, the Patriots aren't considered as dangerous as they actually are. Hoping for the best!
But if you're sick and tired of seeing the Pats, this isn't the year you're looking for.

Denver: Don't think they're going to be as good as everyone seems to think. It's a sloppy seconds team, and sloppy second teams can crumble at the drop of a dime.
Maybe they'll have another good regular season, because their division is shit, but we know Peyton's track record in the play offs against real competition.

And we know Welker's knack for dropping the most important passes of his life.

Denver will get a lot of praise from the ESPN hype train all year than unceremoniously go down in flames in the play offs, probably to New England.

Texans: No soup for you.

Jets: The Jets will be an epic circus side show again, with lots of twitter drama, quarterback drama, Rex drama, sideline drama and they'll finish 4th in the AFC East with 3~5 wins.

Dolphins: Miami is going to be a big story in the AFC East this year and in the play offs. They may even challenge New England for the division title, not because they're better, but because they could feasibly end their season 8-1 ~ 7-2 after a tough start. The Dolphins are on the rise.They don't scare me, but they'll start toppling other big AFC names, and the Steelers may be one of them.

National:

Seahawks: Seattle is going to emerge as the team to beat in the NFC this year. Best home field advantage in football, great organization, great coaching (>.<), etc. I bet the Seahawks just start to body everybody.

49'ers: They felt like a power house before, now they feel like lingerers. If they were going to do it, I think last year was the year to do it in. Just feel like it's Seattle's time now in the NFC.

Same goes for the Packers.

Few random thoughts!

RG3 and/or other running quarterbacks will get nuked again this season.

Tom Brady will break Drew Brees record against the Saints in week #6 and Unitas can again rest easy.

The Cowboys... make it to the play offs?

I've always hated the Eagles but I like Chip Kelly. Philly is a team I'm surprisingly looking forward to checking out this year

What do you guys think? And yes I'm bored.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,016 Times in 1,063 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: The `What's the 2014 NFL season going to be like?` thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
AMERICAN:

Patriots: Patriots are legit Superbowls contenders, as usual. That means, more than likely, a 3rd consecutive AFC Championship game appearance. What will remain to be seen is whether or not they have that extra umph at the end of the season to put them over the top. The health of Gronkowski will be a major issue. I think because of his injury in 2011 against the Ravens, and his injury last season, the Patriots aren't considered as dangerous as they actually are. Hoping for the best!
But if you're sick and tired of seeing the Pats, this isn't the year you're looking for.

Denver: Don't think they're going to be as good as everyone seems to think. It's a sloppy seconds team, and sloppy second teams can crumble at the drop of a dime.
Maybe they'll have another good regular season, because their division is shit, but we know Peyton's track record in the play offs against real competition.

And we know Welker's knack for dropping the most important passes of his life.

Denver will get a lot of praise from the ESPN hype train all year than unceremoniously go down in flames in the play offs, probably to New England.

Texans: No soup for you.

Jets: The Jets will be an epic circus side show again, with lots of twitter drama, quarterback drama, Rex drama, sideline drama and they'll finish 4th in the AFC East with 3~5 wins.

Dolphins: Miami is going to be a big story in the AFC East this year and in the play offs. They may even challenge New England for the division title, not because they're better, but because they could feasibly end their season 8-1 ~ 7-2 after a tough start. The Dolphins are on the rise.They don't scare me, but they'll start toppling other big AFC names, and the Steelers may be one of them.

National:

Seahawks: Seattle is going to emerge as the team to beat in the NFC this year. Best home field advantage in football, great organization, great coaching (>.<), etc. I bet the Seahawks just start to body everybody.

49'ers: They felt like a power house before, now they feel like lingerers. If they were going to do it, I think last year was the year to do it in. Just feel like it's Seattle's time now in the NFC.

Same goes for the Packers.

Few random thoughts!

RG3 and/or other running quarterbacks will get nuked again this season.

Tom Brady will break Drew Brees record against the Saints in week #6 and Unitas can again rest easy.

The Cowboys... make it to the play offs?

I've always hated the Eagles but I like Chip Kelly. Philly is a team I'm surprisingly looking forward to checking out this year

What do you guys think? And yes I'm bored.
Tsk tsk tsk... sleeping on us again, typical Pats fan.

Watch out for the 'Skins. Trust me...

And, as usual, those damn Pats will be there.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
caplovestroyp43
Banned

Member Number: 16490
My Mood: Angelic

>>Patriots: Patriots are legit Superbowls contenders, as usual. That means, more than likely, a 3rd consecutive AFC Championship game appearance. What will remain to be seen is whether or not they have that extra umph at the end of the season to put them over the top. The health of Gronkowski will be a major issue. I think because of his injury in 2011 against the Ravens, and his injury last season, the Patriots aren't considered as dangerous as they actually are. Hoping for the best!
But if you're sick and tired of seeing the Pats, this isn't the year you're looking for.<<

They still SUCK******** and that's not to censor a word, it's to censor the Cheaters themselves! Tammy "Referee He Hit Me Too Hard" Brady isn't tough enough to go to a Super Bowl as evidenced in what the past three years? What a pansy!
caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #4
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

NEPatriots, a lot of what you say in your prediction is garbage.

"No soup" for the Texans? They signed Ed Reed and will have Brian Cushing back and fully healthy. They are going to be a legitimate AFC Champion threat. Houston's offense should be great as well.

Dallas, playoffs? Yeah, right. They had an AWFUL draft. The Jerry Jones Drama Show will continue to play on and on in 2013. Romo will be Romo and the team will be inconsistent.

The Eagles have a lot of work to do to be legitimate. Their line needs to come together and who is their starting QB?
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sluggermatt15 For This Useful Post:
The_Joker (05-05-2013)
Old 05-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #5
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
NEPatriots, a lot of what you say in your prediction is garbage.

"No soup" for the Texans? They signed Ed Reed and will have Brian Cushing back and fully healthy. They are going to be a legitimate AFC Champion threat. Houston's offense should be great as well.

Dallas, playoffs? Yeah, right. They had an AWFUL draft. The Jerry Jones Drama Show will continue to play on and on in 2013. Romo will be Romo and the team will be inconsistent.

The Eagles have a lot of work to do to be legitimate. Their line needs to come together and who is their starting QB?
Patriots will bitch slap the Texans lol.

Also, I didn't say Dallas would make it. It's getting fun waiting to find out though.
<3 Romo troubles <3
Old 05-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #6
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caplovestroyp43 View Post
They still SUCK******** and that's not to censor a word, it's to censor the Cheaters themselves! Tammy "Referee He Hit Me Too Hard" Brady isn't tough enough to go to a Super Bowl as evidenced in what the past three years? What a pansy!
On the contrary, Tom Brady (Mr. Tom Brady to Steeler fans of the previous decade) is plenty tough enough for Superbowls because he's been to five of them.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #7
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,763 Times in 2,139 Posts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MACH1 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (05-05-2013), The_Joker (05-05-2013)
Old 05-05-2013, 12:52 AM   #8
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Just for you
Whoooooooo's your daddy, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania!?
Old 05-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #9
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,763 Times in 2,139 Posts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MACH1 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (05-05-2013)
Old 05-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #10
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
On the contrary, Tom Brady (Mr. Tom Brady to Steeler fans of the previous decade) is plenty tough enough for Superbowls because he's been to five of them.
Oh, you mean that decade when they were cheating to win? Why don't we talk about this decade. You know the one. It's the one where we've been to 3 and won 2 while Brady can't seem to win the big one and plays second fiddle to Eli Manning.

The Patriots post-Spygate =

It's easy to make the playoffs beating up on that train wreck of a division with your 6 guaranteed wins a year. How do they do when they play the big boys?

Keep up the . We love the solid comedy relief you provide us with your babbling nonsense.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (05-05-2013), MACH1 (05-05-2013)