Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #11
jacobo
Team Captain

Member Number: 24766
Default Re: Under-appreciated bands/musicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
The Shins have a strong following so not sure they are under appreciated. I think Rush is under appreciated though
idk, I think Rush has a greater following than the Shins, mostly because of their longevity. Can't help but feel when both bands are done Rush will be more fondly remembered by most.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #12
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,680 Times in 7,884 Posts
My Mood: Dead

One from the rap genre. The D.O.C was amazing, but after a car accident crushed his throat (destroying his voicebox), he disappeared.

Even as good as that first album was, very few people have ever heard of him. Everyone knows Eazy, Ice Cube, & Dr. Dre, but when asked about The D.O.C, 99% of rap fans (and no one outside of that community) has ever even heard of him.

If not for that car accident, The D.O.C could have been the original act (of many acts) that Dr. Dre took from anonymity to legendary status: Snoop, 2Pac, Eminem, 50 Cent... but, alas, not The D.O.C.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #13
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post

One from the rap genre. The D.O.C was amazing, but after a car accident crushed his throat (destroying his voicebox), he disappeared.

Even as good as that first album was, very few people have ever heard of him. Everyone knows Eazy, Ice Cube, & Dr. Dre, but when asked about The D.O.C, 99% of rap fans (and no one outside of that community) has ever even heard of him.

If not for that car accident, The D.O.C could have been the original act (of many acts) that Dr. Dre took from anonymity to legendary status: Snoop, 2Pac, Eminem, 50 Cent... but, alas, not The D.O.C.
I actually owned a D.O.C. cassette back in the day. Can't remember the name of it though. It was pretty good stuff.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #14
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

My all-time favorite band is Clutch. They have never put out a bad album in 20+ years of kicking ass. They have a nice following, but they'll never get enough recognition in my book.

Cue vasteeler in 3, 2, 1.....

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
vasteeler (05-10-2013)
Old 05-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #15
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,680 Times in 7,884 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
I actually owned a D.O.C. cassette back in the day. Can't remember the name of it though. It was pretty good stuff.
Awesome!!!

My brother uses The D.O.C as a barometer. He'll ask a person who claims to be a "huge" fan of rap, if they know of The D.O.C... and if they don't, he will shake his head. (LOL)

Likewise, when a young whipper-snapper (who's all about "old school" hip hop) comes around, my brother will say, "Listen up, young buck" and pops in his CD of The D.O.C... and they are amazed.

(No One Can Do It Better)
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #16
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Awesome!!!

My brother uses The D.O.C as a barometer. He'll ask a person who claims to be a "huge" fan of rap, if they know of The D.O.C... and if they don't, he will shake his head. (LOL)

Likewise, when a young whipper-snapper (who's all about "old school" hip hop) comes around, my brother will say, "Listen up, young buck" and pops in his CD of The D.O.C... and they are amazed.

(No One Can Do It Better)
"No One Can Do It Better".... that was it!

I used to like a little Kool Moe Dee and Big Daddy Kane as well.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #17
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #18
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Snovonne is one of my favorite all time female artists. She's Slovokian (sings in English) and has never really gotten recognition in the states.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Old 05-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #19
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

The Following User Says Thank You to SteelCityMom For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (05-10-2013)
Old 05-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #20
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post

Mike Patton is God. That is all.

The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
SteelCityMom (05-10-2013)