Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
jollyrob68
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15873
Default Jason Worilds or Sean Lee?

WHo would you have picked Jason Worilds or Sean Lee? The Steelers wanted Sean Lee and had a first round grade on him But Mike Tomlin loved and wanted Worlids.
So, Who's your pick?
jollyrob68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312
Default Re: Jason Worilds or Sean Lee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyrob68 View Post
WHo would you have picked Jason Worilds or Sean Lee? The Steelers wanted Sean Lee and had a first round grade on him But Mike Tomlin loved and wanted Worlids.
So, Who's your pick?

What are your sources that they wanted him and had a first round grade on him...as I havent read this anywhere? And based on the need of a RUSH OLB in a 3-4...Worilds is probably a better fit. I know I heard someone say Lee can play any LB position, but I dont see him as a 3-4 OLB...only a 3-4 ILB (though he probably could play any LB position in a 4-3), which we didnt need with that high of a pick.
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

I would pick whoever Dan Rooney suggested. The Steelers don't always hit and Tomlin's track record is mixed. On paper, Lee would be the conventional favorite. Let's hope Tomlin is not in the habit of "out thinking" himself.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Worlids for sure. One thing that the people who wanted Sean Lee fail to address is where to you put him??? We are already 4 deep at the ILB position and he is not athletic enough to play outside.

Yeah we drafted Sylvester but I see him as a special teamer who may make the roster this season. If he doesn't earn a spot you place on the PS for a season. If you draft Lee in the second you are basically handcuffed into signing him and then he sits fourth or fifth on the depth chart and doesn't sniff the field. Thats just my take on the situation.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Worilds in a second. i got this off yahoo sports, they were picking the best 2nd round picks. i think worilds is going to be the next woodley if not better

OLB Jason Worilds(notes), Pittsburgh Steelers

I said all along that Worilds possesses, in my opinion, the most explosive first step of any defensive linemen in the class and has the ability to consistently reach the edge in the pass game. However, what really stand out to me are Worilds’ balance and fluidity when asked to stand up and change directions either as a pass rusher or in space. He’s a perfect fit for the Steelers as a stand-up rush linebacker and has the ability to come in and be an instant impact guy from day one. Pittsburgh needed to get some youth behind OLB James Harrison(notes), and because of Worilds’ explosion off the snap, defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau will likely find a way to get this guy on the field in 2010 and maximize his skill set as a sack artist down the line
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:34 AM   #6
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,160 Times in 1,342 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I am sure that most people wanted Lee but when Worlids gets setteld into the system he is going to be a great pick. Not alot of people have heard about him or seen him play but this kid has a motor and will be a very good player for the Steelers.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:09 AM   #7
tube517
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1868

The track record of Hokie draft picks for Pittsburgh sucks (Adibi, Humes) but I am hoping Worilds succeeds.
tube517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #8
jollyrob68
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
What are your sources that they wanted him and had a first round grade on him...as I havent read this anywhere? And based on the need of a RUSH OLB in a 3-4...Worilds is probably a better fit. I know I heard someone say Lee can play any LB position, but I dont see him as a 3-4 OLB...only a 3-4 ILB (though he probably could play any LB position in a 4-3), which we didnt need with that high of a pick.
Gery Dulac stated that in his chat this week when some asked him the question.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #9
jollyrob68
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
Heres the Q&A from the chat
Steel Curtain Rising: Gerry, during these chats both you and Ed have mentioned that you've gotten the feeling that the Steelers coaches and front office have not always been on the same page regarding personnel. Now that we’ve been through free agency and the draft, do you get any sense that they have rectified this issue?

Gerry Dulac I think for the most part they are on the same page. They -- and I mean Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert -- do a good job of agreeing on picks. But there are times where the coach might like a player a little more than where the team has him rated and I think that's what happened with their second round pick, jason Worilds. My information, and it came from high up, was that the Steelers wanted to take Sean Lee of PSU on the second round, but they didn't think he woudl be there at their turn. And I was told they would not trade up to get him, even though they had a first-round grade on Lee, which means he was ranked among their top 32 players. Well, Lee was there when it came their turn and they passed on him because Tomlin, I'm told, loved Jason Worilds. So, yes, there was some measure of disagreement, I can only assume.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #10
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Worilds MOSTLY because of Lee's injury, but also because of positional need.