Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 08-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #301
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default Re: Movie Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Steady as she goes number two.

And for anyone who wants to go check this out, they're showing an encore of Starship Trooper on Thursday Sept. 12.

Glad you had a good time Buddha. We did as well, and this was by far the most packed a theater has been for us for RiffTrax. It was awesome. Heard lots of people talking about their theaters being completely sold out, or close to it.

There are only two things I could complain about (and after reading some threads on FB after we got home, it wasn't just us), was the movie volume was a little bit loud and at a couple of parts it was a little hard to hear the riffing. Never had that problem before, but then again, they've never done a loud action movie before lol. It didn't ruin the experience though. The other was no shorts. They had already told people they weren't doing shorts because of the length of the movie, but I still missed it lol. Nothing major all around though.

Can't wait for NOTLD! We'll definitely all be going for that.

Tickets go on sale for both shows on the 30th (as Buddha mentioned) and here's an example list of where they'll be showing (the theaters don't change much for their shows, except for the recent addition of Canada).

http://www.fathomevents.com/#!starsh...ater-locations
Yeah, I had a hard time hearing during the action/shooting scenes too. That was my only complaint as well, but still a blast.

Our theater was near capacity as well. Not quite sold out, but close. I wasn't sure what to expect as far as attendance. We got there about 15 minutes before showtime and it was already pretty full. We had to sit about 4 rows back from the front and against the wall which sorta sucked, but it wasn't that bad. We'll know now to get there earlier for NOTLD. I won't miss that one.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #302
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Countdown to "Night of the Living Dead"......

21 days, 1 hour, and 28 minutes.......

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
JonM229 (10-03-2013), MACH1 (10-06-2013), SteelCityMom (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #303
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,631 Times in 1,570 Posts

Riddick - if you liked the other movies , then there's no reason you won't like this one...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #304
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,188 Posts

Saw Gravity and highly recommend it - see it on the biggest screen you can find and pay the extra markup for 3D (which actually is worth it rather than just being an add on)

The plot is nothing monumental but the visuals are extraordinary - movie is only 90 minutes long but the tension does not let go after the amazing opening scene

Sandra Bullock and George Clooney are excellent

JonM229 (10-05-2013), teegre (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #305
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,391 Times in 8,510 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Saw Gravity and highly recommend it - see it on the biggest screen you can find and pay the extra markup for 3D (which actually is worth it rather than just being an add on)

The plot is nothing monumental but the visuals are extraordinary - movie is only 90 minutes long but the tension does not let go after the amazing opening scene

Sandra Bullock and George Clooney are excellent

My wife's eyes don't work on unison; so, we don't watch movies in 3-D.

Maybe I'll see this without her. (jk IMAX will be good enough)

Thanks, Dan. I've avoided all previews of this movie, because I really want to see it (and trailers usually ruin movies).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #306
GodfatherofSoul
Head Coach
Supporter

Spellbound Champion! Add Like Mad Champion! Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion! Snow Blitz Champion! Commando Champion!
Member Number: 14842
Thanked 1,858 Times in 911 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
Riddick - if you liked the other movies , then there's no reason you won't like this one...

I 2nd this one if you're a Riddick fan. Another note, he basically self-produced this one since he traded the franchise rights for doing F&F5 I think. The execs are happy with the results, so parts 4 and 5 are coming. From a Vin Diesel quote, it sounds like one will be about Furya and another about the underverse.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #307
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

So I think my Halloween movie party is going to consist of "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein" and "Sleepy Hollow" this year. I'd like to squeeze in a triple feature if I can. Possibly "The Car" or a classic like "Dracula" or "The Mummy".

I want to rent a Blu-ray projector and screen, get a couple of fire pits going, and do it outside. I think that'd be pretty fun, weather permitting.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #308
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,120 Times in 440 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
So I think my Halloween movie party is going to consist of "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein" and "Sleepy Hollow" this year. I'd like to squeeze in a triple feature if I can. Possibly "The Car" or a classic like "Dracula" or "The Mummy".

I want to rent a Blu-ray projector and screen, get a couple of fire pits going, and do it outside. I think that'd be pretty fun, weather permitting.

count me in......what should i bring?
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vasteeler For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (10-07-2013)
Old 10-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #310
JonM229
Living Legend

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 6,794 Times in 2,427 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

I'll bring the dogs

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JonM229 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (10-07-2013)