Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-25-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225
Default Wo0t!! I'm going to the game again tonight!!!

HOLY SHIT!!

My friend just called me up an hour ago and asked if I can go to the game tonight!!!!

I promise I will represent Pittsburgh proud tonight!

Gold shirt, black shorts, XL Champs socks, 2 Terrible Towels, and a Lambert jersey.

I'm outta here in 15 minutes to head down.

Catch ya's tonight when I get back!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!
Old 08-25-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Wo0t!! I'm going to the game again tonight!!!

Have a great time and be safe in your travels! We know you will do the Nation proud!

P.S. Good thing you're not wearing red - those wild Philly fans may think you are Santa arriving early and boo you out of the stadium.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Very cool PNP. Have fun and be safe.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:47 PM   #4
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

It should be a great game. How far is Pittsburgh from Philly?
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:03 PM   #5
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

It's about a 5 hour drive.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:03 AM   #6
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Luckily I didn't have to drive that far yesterday. I live 25 miles north west of Philly. :o)

Ok so here's what I saw and thought of the game.

Lincoln Financial Field is excellent. If I were an Eagle fan I'd be thrilled with it, just as all of us Steeler Fans love Heinz Field.

The crowd was rather tame. I expected it to be more hostile, but it wasn't. A little smack talk is all we endured and gave back. I had a good talk with a nearby Eagle fan about Penn State.

Our seats were in section 109 about half way down toward the field. Here's a pic of the field from our seats. http://www.pisnnapalm.com/pics/08-25-06_2009.jpg Up and behind us to the left was the ESPN broadcast area. http://www.pisnnapalm.com/pics/08-25-06_2037.jpg Steve Young was there too but isn't in that pic. He looked thoroughly bored anytime the cameras were off. Oh and Michael Irvin was there too.

HE was booed by the fans when he came up from being on the field. Then later there were both Eagles fans and Steelers fans hounding him for autographs. I saw one guy hand over his white Roethlisberger jersey to be autographed!! WTF!!

I'll tell ya one thing that I thought was very cool. When the Eagles scored their touchdown, they shot off some fireworks and then the whole stadium broke out into the "Fly Eagles Fly" fight song. I don't remember ever seeing that on TV because they cut for commercial or are showing you endless replays of the score.

As for the game itself....

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only bright spot I saw all game was Willie Parker. He was so close to ripping off some very long runs. He is so fast compared to our other backs.

I would not be surprised if Duce gets cut. I hate to say that but he looked like he was running in first gear. I dunno.... I really want him to succeed and have his time to shine but... Well you saw that game right?

So about half way through the 4th quarter, we can't stand to watch the debacle anymore and head out. We get to the car and make it out onto the Schuylkill Expressway. That's the main north/south highway outta Philly. We get about 10 miles from our exit and the rain starts. Then it turns into a torrential rain. Soon there's pea sized hail hammering the car.

Then we come to dead stand still about a mile from our exit. We sit for 20 minutes with the hail and rain hammering us. The hail stopped and the rain subsided. A lone police car comes up the shoulder and starts turing cars around and sending them back down the shoulder. We thought a tree was down or something but no. A section of the highway was flooded and the water was 2/3rds the way up the center barrier.

So we get turned around and start heading back up the shoulder. By this time, everyone who had been behind us have figured out that they're going to have to turn around and so they start making a bigger mess of the situation by trying to get turned around themselves.

Ugh... It took us about 2 hours to make a 40 minute trip. Which isn't all that bad I guess. It could have been worse.

So... I hope I made sense, I'm still pretty tired and now I'm off to take my daughter to go cheer for the football team.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:19 PM   #7
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Cool, good job pisnapalm!

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote