Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
White_Steel_Wolfe
Assistant Coach
 
White_Steel_Wolfe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,257
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24314
Thanks: 5
Thanked 165 Times in 123 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
Default Halo 4

Anyone play it? That or Reach?

----> MorbidxSloth is my gamer-tag if you want to catch a game sometime, lates
__________________

Steelers, OU, OKC Thunder, Penguins, LA Kings, Spain
White_Steel_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach
 
IowaSteeler927's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Posts: 1,710
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15801
Thanks: 1,472
Thanked 1,724 Times in 805 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy
Default Re: Halo 4

I used to play Halo 4 a little bit but having purchased an Xbox ONE recently I've been a little bit distracted with that. I haven't played Reach for a long time, wasn't particularly impressed with the multiplayer portion of Reach.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
White_Steel_Wolfe
Assistant Coach
 
White_Steel_Wolfe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,257
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24314
Thanks: 5
Thanked 165 Times in 123 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Halo 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
I used to play Halo 4 a little bit but having purchased an Xbox ONE recently I've been a little bit distracted with that. I haven't played Reach for a long time, wasn't particularly impressed with the multiplayer portion of Reach.
In my opinion Reach was the best since Halo 2(but not better) and is better than 4. haha
__________________

Steelers, OU, OKC Thunder, Penguins, LA Kings, Spain
White_Steel_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #4
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,696
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,244
Thanked 3,515 Times in 1,583 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: Halo 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Steel_Wolfe View Post
In my opinion Reach was the best since Halo 2(but not better) and is better than 4. haha
I strongly disliked Reach & ODST. I recently had a chance to play Halo 4 and believe it's the best since the early three games.
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #5
White_Steel_Wolfe
Assistant Coach
 
White_Steel_Wolfe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,257
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24314
Thanks: 5
Thanked 165 Times in 123 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Halo 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I strongly disliked Reach & ODST. I recently had a chance to play Halo 4 and believe it's the best since the early three games.
Halo 4 tries too hard to be like COD and I hate COD I like it for a few things but overall Reach is what I play the most.
__________________

Steelers, OU, OKC Thunder, Penguins, LA Kings, Spain
White_Steel_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #6
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,696
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,244
Thanked 3,515 Times in 1,583 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: Halo 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Steel_Wolfe View Post
Halo 4 tries too hard to be like COD and I hate COD I like it for a few things but overall Reach is what I play the most.
They did change the feel of it a bit, and that's why I love Killzone: Shadowfall. Killzone 2 had an outstanding HEAVY feel to it that made it unique, and they went with a lighter feel for Killzone 3 that ruined it. Shadowfall is heavier than ever and feels perfect and unique.
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:43 AM   #7
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach
 
IowaSteeler927's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Posts: 1,710
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15801
Thanks: 1,472
Thanked 1,724 Times in 805 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy
Default Re: Halo 4

I thought Halo 4 was a breath of fresh air for the series. Graphically it's the best looking Halo game by a mile and a half, and the gameplay was prototypical Halo. The story was the best part, they finally gave us some insight into Master Chief and what makes him tick. I always thought Bungie could've done better in the storytelling department. Master Chief was just a monotone automaton in previous Halo games, but in Halo 4 I felt like it was the first time I was really gaining some insight into the character.

I also like that 343 is following the Forerunner trilogy of books. Bungie just kind of did their own thing but I always thought there could be so much more to the Halo universe that they just weren't tapping into.

The last feeling I get when playing Halo is any kind of Call of Duty Deja Vu. Halo 4 couldn't be further from Call of Duty. Much more flushed out and less predictable experience than any of the recent Call of Duty titles. Halo is also not an annual release like Call of Duty is.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
Wagen (11-29-2013)
Old 11-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
Wagen
Bench Warmer
Supporter
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Black Country, England
Posts: 300
Gender: Male
Member Number: 25328
Thanks: 524
Thanked 382 Times in 187 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Halo 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
I thought Halo 4 was a breath of fresh air for the series. Graphically it's the best looking Halo game by a mile and a half, and the gameplay was prototypical Halo. The story was the best part, they finally gave us some insight into Master Chief and what makes him tick. I always thought Bungie could've done better in the storytelling department. Master Chief was just a monotone automaton in previous Halo games, but in Halo 4 I felt like it was the first time I was really gaining some insight into the character.

I also like that 343 is following the Forerunner trilogy of books. Bungie just kind of did their own thing but I always thought there could be so much more to the Halo universe that they just weren't tapping into.

The last feeling I get when playing Halo is any kind of Call of Duty Deja Vu. Halo 4 couldn't be further from Call of Duty. Much more flushed out and less predictable experience than any of the recent Call of Duty titles. Halo is also not an annual release like Call of Duty is.
I see COD as a standard shooter. If a shooter is better than COD then it's good, if it's not as good then it's shit.

I like Halo.....apart from The Flood. I have played Reach and Halo 4 much more than the first three. The main reason for that is there being no Flood in those games.

I know there had to be a three way fight. But if the third faction had been a better thought out enemy than the Flood, I wouldn't have liked the original trilogy, I'd have loved it.
Wagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:07 AM   #9
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach
 
IowaSteeler927's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Posts: 1,710
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15801
Thanks: 1,472
Thanked 1,724 Times in 805 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy
Default Re: Halo 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagen View Post
I see COD as a standard shooter. If a shooter is better than COD then it's good, if it's not as good then it's shit.

I like Halo.....apart from The Flood. I have played Reach and Halo 4 much more than the first three. The main reason for that is there being no Flood in those games.

I know there had to be a three way fight. But if the third faction had been a better thought out enemy than the Flood, I wouldn't have liked the original trilogy, I'd have loved it.
You know I didn't mind the Flood in Halo: Combat Evolved or in Halo 2. They truly became the most annoying in Halo 3.

The enemies I really hated were the Brutes. They just seemed like a lazy design overall. Just basically big old gorillas, I felt like Bungie ripped off Planet of the Apes just a little bit. I never found them very fun or interesting to fight. I've always enjoyed fighting the combination of Elites/Grunts/Jackals as I feel like they offer a better variety and less predictable behavior. I really like fighting the Prometheans in Halo 4. I think they're easily the most challenging enemies I've fought in any of the Halo games. Their AI just seems smarter and they work together very well to take you out.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts