Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-19-2013, 04:25 AM   #41
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 2,603 Times in 1,171 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: XBOX One

Friday needs to come, and fast.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #42
JonM229
Living Legend

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 7,159 Times in 2,524 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Guess where I didn't get an XBOX One

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #43
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,150 Times in 1,323 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Well?
Old 11-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #44
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,123 Times in 1,815 Posts
My Mood: Happy

LOVING my PS4 right now. Hope everyone is enjoying their consoles!

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
43Hitman (11-23-2013), NJarhead (11-23-2013)
Old 11-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #45
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Havent gotten ours yet.. its going to be a good xmas for me and my son though. :D
Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #46
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
Havent gotten ours yet.. its going to be a good xmas for me and my son though. :D
Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2
Not sure which one you're getting, but if you're picking up a PS4 make sure you check out Warframe. It's 100% free and badass as hell.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #47
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Not sure which one you're getting, but if you're picking up a PS4 make sure you check out Warframe. It's 100% free and badass as hell.
Definitely getting a PS4 first. Thanks for the heads up about Warframe, we'll have to check it out.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 43Hitman For This Useful Post:
Bayz101 (11-23-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #48
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 2,603 Times in 1,171 Posts
My Mood: Brooding

Enjoying the hell out of my Xbox ONE so far. It's a monster of a system, definitely noticed the heft when I picked it up on launch day. A lot of people jest about it's size and point out that it's not aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. I actually like the way it looks. It's boxy, which I love, and I think it should be boxy because it's an xbox. It also seems to be particularly well ventilated, and runs very quietly when powered up and playing games, or running applications. I think the large size and open ventilation will lend itself well to overall reliability over the life of the console. I'll take big, heavy, durable, and slightly unsightly over aesthetically pleasing and unrealible any day of the week. Not slandering the PS4 at all, so don't get me wrong, as the reliability of each console remains to be seen.

I didn't know what to think about it's TV functionality when I first heard about the feature but in complete honesty, it's impressive. I have my DirecTV satellite receiver hooked up to my Xbox ONE via the XB1's HDMI In port and it works beautifully. Switching between games, and apps, to television is very easy. Kinect voice commands work very well and make switching between channels a hands free, effortless process. I was unsure about this new Kinect but so far I'm enjoying it's voice recognition capabilities and the way it can be utilized to switch between apps, games, snapping windows, etc... I do NOT however advise using it for in-game voice chat. I wish Microsoft had left that option unchecked so that I wouldn't have to listen to all the n00bs in-game who haven't yet figured out that they need to shut that off.

As for the games I bought Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, Forza Motorsport 5, and Madden NFL 25. Graphically these games are pretty awesome across the board and every one of the games has been running surprisingly smoothly especially considering the fact that it's launch time and generally launch titles aren't of the highest quality. The Xbox does seem to have a nice stable of quality launch titles. I've enjoyed each of the games so far, and the only issues I've had are with Battlefield 4 online in the multiplayer. Sometimes the game crashes to the home screen which I guess has been an issue on PC, PS4, and now on the Xbox ONE. I don't hold it against the system as it's an issue on the developer's end rather than on Microsoft's. It's my understanding PS4 just received an update recently, so I'd venture to guess that XB1 is not far behind.

I'd say graphically that Forza and Battlefield 4 are the two most impressive games in the launch lineup. Each game looks excellent. Forza is the single most pleasing to the eye. Looking at cars is like looking at photographs, the cares are so realistic and rich in detail. The haptic feedback given to the hands through the triggers really makes you feel closer to the race track than ever before. You can feel when you hit the gas, and when you hit the bumpy portions of the tracks. As a car enthusiast it's things like this that make this game so special. It also helps that the game is narrated by Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond. As someone who loves Top Gear they couldn't have picked better guys to narrate a racing game. While some people are bitching and moaning that there's only 14 tracks, and 200 cars, I found that the lack of quantity is made up for with the quality of what you're getting at launch. The Forza devs rescanned the 14 tracks that are in game so that they are as up to date, and realistic as is currently possible. If this is the kind of attention to detail that I'm going to get I have no problem waiting for extra content via DLC especially considering they were able to get this game out at launch.

Battlefield 4 is easily the best Battlefield game to date. 64 player servers online make for some intense, chaotic matches that have never before been seen on consoles (at least of this quality). I can't wait to start unlocking more weapons, and upgrades and I've logged more time playing Battlefield 4 than on any of my other games.

Madden is Madden. It looks fantastic and plays just like any other Madden I've played. I felt the need for a sports game so Madden was the obvious pick though no NFL game has really blown me out of the water since NFL 2K5. Ever since EA bought the rights to make NFL games I feel like they are making a simple and quality football game without any kind of major innovations. To this day 2K5 is still the best NFL based football video game that I've played. That gripe aside it's a good next gen title to own, and the online has ran very smoothly for me. I haven't been dropped out of any games as of yet, and only one game that I played online was laggy, and it was the fault of my opponent.

Call of Duty is Call of Duty. I enjoy it but there's no doubt that this series is getting redundant and stale. It's a pretty game to look at and I enjoy playing it but I can't help but shake the feeling that Infinity Ward needs to step up their game and either do something drastic to revitalize the series or move on into other ventures. Runs extremely smoothly on the Xbox ONE though, and I'd rate it as a must own if you're looking for a good fast paced FPS on the Xbox ONE. I'd love to see just one more next gen Call of Duty game that returns to the series WWII roots that has some innovative changes and pays homage to Call of Duty, and Call of Duty 2 that were the games that really put this series on the map.

So in my time so far I'm thoroughly enjoying the system and still learning all of it's features. I can't wait to see where the future takes us. I don't buy into the fanboy stuff, or the blind brand loyalty. I'm just a gamer and I enjoy games across all platforms so I plan on owning a PS4 here sometime in the near future as funds become available, and I am hoping I can set aside enough money over this next year to build a new gaming rig (PC) as well.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
Bayz101 (11-27-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 06:26 AM   #49
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Well, I had a 6 or 7 paragraph review of the PS4 and it's games, and my laptop died. I simply don't have the patience to right it all again.

I'll just say this. Playstation 4 is the best gaming console on the market, and it has great entertainment applications and features packaged with it. I've played three of the same games on both consoles (BF4, AC, COD) and they all look and play better on Playstation 4. The Netflix app is still better on Playstation, too.

Xbox one is the best entertainment console on the market, and it has pretty good gaming options coupled with it. It will NEVER match-up with Playstation when it comes to gaming, and even Microsoft knows this, but it's entertainment options and features are what will keep it in living rooms for years to come.

Don't take my word on it, though. Boogie2988 is a youtube star, and he recently had Xbox's Major Nelson in his home with an Xbox One in tow for some Xbox showcasing. Here are his verdicts, and I very much agree with nearly everything he has to say.

Oh yeah. Resogun & Killzone: Shadowfall are the greatest graphical games ever made on any console. Both are exclusive to Playstation, one of them is free, and both of them are absolutely amazing in nearly every aspect. Console-buyers.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #50
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

You can't go wrong either way in this instance, but it all comes down to preference. If you're a gamer first, Playstation 4 is the way to go. If you are media first, Xbox One is the way to go. Obviously in a perfect world we'd have all of the consoles available to us, but it isn't a perfect world, and I don't have $1,500 to spend on three consoles. To be quite honest, I've played all three consoles, and all I need is my PS4. It already does everything I want & need it to do. If I purchased and Xbox One or a Wii U it would just sit in the entertainment center taking up space.

There's three factors here, in my mind. Preference, Friends & Exclusives. If your friends are on Xbox Live, you LOVE being able to integrate your cable box with your system AND you love Halo & Forza, well, the decision here is easy. However, if you prefer gaming to media, you love Halo & Forza and friends aren't a factor, well, you have a decision to make. Or you can just buy both and get the best of both worlds.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Playstation 4 will eventually have nearly ALL of Xbox One's features, including full voice command support and gesture support. It actually already has all of that, but in a simplified form at this time. The only thing Xbox One will have over PS4 from an immersion standpoint is the Cable box integration, which honestly, is pretty damn bad ass.

I'm a gamer at heart. I'll play my PS4 for a long time and enjoy the hell out of it. PSN is no longer playing second fiddle to Xbox Live, as it's new UI is just as good and the benefits of PS+ are arguably better at this point, and have been for a for about a year now. With a new cloud gaming service hitting PSN in the near future that'll allow games, including PS3 and PS2 games, to be streamed to the console, PS4 will be the ultimate gaming system by far, and I am very excited about the future.