Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-27-2013, 06:40 AM   #51
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,605 Times in 1,625 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: XBOX One

And as a quick note, both the PS4 and Xbox One have been taken apart and examined, and the Xbox One actually operates at a higher core temperature than the PS4 on a consistent basis. A lot of people were concerned that with the PS4 being so much smaller than the Xbox One that Sony may be pushing the limits, but in this case, the smaller PS4 design actually seems to be a benefit more than a downside. Sony has been developing hardware for a long time now, and it's no secret that they are superior in that standpoint. Software was the big question heading into this generation of gaming, and Playstation is putting up a fight in those regards now as well.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:44 AM   #52
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Also, the "Live from Playstation" application that comes installed on all systems is unbelievable! Twitch.tv and USTREAM are brilliantly integrated into every PS4 system, and the LFP application allows you to watch other PS4 users' Live-streams from those respective platforms and actually interact with them and even JOIN them on a multiplayer game in the near future!

If you are a live-stream, video recording and game-contest posting kind of guy, and social media integration is important, again, PS4 is the best choice.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #53
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Putting this all in one post:

Well, I had a 6 or 7 paragraph review of the PS4 and it's games, and my laptop died. I simply don't have the patience to right it all again.

I'll just say this. Playstation 4 is the best gaming console on the market, and it has great entertainment applications and features packaged with it. I've played three of the same games on both consoles (BF4, AC, COD) and they all look and play better on Playstation 4. The Netflix app is still better on Playstation, too.

Xbox one is the best entertainment console on the market, and it has pretty good gaming options coupled with it. It will NEVER match-up with Playstation when it comes to gaming, and even Microsoft knows this, but it's entertainment options and features are what will keep it in living rooms for years to come.

Don't take my word on it, though. Boogie2988 is a youtube star, and he recently had Xbox's Major Nelson in his home with an Xbox One in tow for some Xbox showcasing. Here are his verdicts, and I very much agree with nearly everything he has to say.

Oh yeah. Resogun & Killzone: Shadowfall are the greatest graphical games ever made on any console. Both are exclusive to Playstation, one of them is free, and both of them are absolutely amazing in nearly every aspect. Console-buyers.

You can't go wrong either way in this instance, but it all comes down to preference. If you're a gamer first, Playstation 4 is the way to go. If you are media first, Xbox One is the way to go. Obviously in a perfect world we'd have all of the consoles available to us, but it isn't a perfect world, and I don't have $1,500 to spend on three consoles. To be quite honest, I've played all three consoles, and all I need is my PS4. It already does everything I want & need it to do. If I purchased and Xbox One or a Wii U it would just sit in the entertainment center taking up space.

There's three factors here, in my mind. Preference, Friends & Exclusives. If your friends are on Xbox Live, you LOVE being able to integrate your cable box with your system AND you love Halo & Forza, well, the decision here is easy. However, if you prefer gaming to media, you love Halo & Forza and friends aren't a factor, well, you have a decision to make. Or you can just buy both and get the best of both worlds.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Playstation 4 will eventually have nearly ALL of Xbox One's features, including full voice command support and gesture support. It actually already has all of that, but in a simplified form at this time. The only thing Xbox One will have over PS4 from an immersion standpoint is the Cable box integration, which honestly, is pretty damn bad ass.

I'm a gamer at heart. I'll play my PS4 for a long time and enjoy the hell out of it. PSN is no longer playing second fiddle to Xbox Live, as it's new UI is just as good and the benefits of PS+ are arguably better at this point, and have been for a for about a year now. With a new cloud gaming service hitting PSN in the near future that'll allow games, including PS3 and PS2 games, to be streamed to the console, PS4 will be the ultimate gaming system by far, and I am very excited about the future.

And as a quick note, both the PS4 and Xbox One have been taken apart and examined, and the Xbox One actually operates at a higher core temperature than the PS4 on a consistent basis. A lot of people were concerned that with the PS4 being so much smaller than the Xbox One that Sony may be pushing the limits, but in this case, the smaller PS4 design actually seems to be a benefit more than a downside. Sony has been developing hardware for a long time now, and it's no secret that they are superior in that standpoint. Software was the big question heading into this generation of gaming, and Playstation is putting up a fight in those regards now as well.

Also, the "Live from Playstation" application that comes installed on all systems is unbelievable! Twitch.tv and USTREAM are brilliantly integrated into every PS4 system, and the LFP application allows you to watch other PS4 users' Live-streams from those respective platforms and actually interact with them and even JOIN them on a multiplayer game in the near future!

If you are a live-stream, video recording and game-contest posting kind of guy, and social media integration is important, again, PS4 is the best choice.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #54
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,777 Times in 836 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Honestly you can't go wrong with either system. They're both going to be epic. I think if you're tied down to one system and you're obsessed with a little bit of graphical difference then the PS4 would be for you, if you're tied down to one system and you like something that has entertainment features but slightly less graphical prowess then you go with the Xbox ONE. I fit into the demographic that just loves games in general so I'll go out of my way to own both so I can play all the exclusives. Being able to play Halo and Last of Us will be epic and it'll eat up tons of my free time.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #55
Wagen
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 25328
My Mood: Fine

I will most likely end up getting both. The only thing in question is which one first.

In the last generation, I went for the 360 first, largely due to the disc read error death of my PS2 coincided with the release of the 360.

I was leaning towards the X1, but was turned of by having to have the Kinect.

I'm not paranoid about being spied on, and I know that it doesn't need to be switched on for the console to work. I'm just not interested in it, and I don't want to spend probably 100 on something I'm not interested in.

In other words this.....

http://gifs8.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/img4492.gif

.....is not my idea of gaming heaven.
Wagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #56
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagen View Post
I will most likely end up getting both. The only thing in question is which one first.

In the last generation, I went for the 360 first, largely due to the disc read error death of my PS2 coincided with the release of the 360.

I was leaning towards the X1, but was turned of by having to have the Kinect.

I'm not paranoid about being spied on, and I know that it doesn't need to be switched on for the console to work. I'm just not interested in it, and I don't want to spend probably 100 on something I'm not interested in.

In other words this.....

http://gifs8.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/img4492.gif

.....is not my idea of gaming heaven.
If you're a gamer first, grab a PS4. Playstation Plus is a service that any gamer would love to have, giving you two free games the minute you buy the console and one free game every month after that. On top of that, PS4 is the overall better gaming console. It's got great entertainment apps, too, and the camera is sold separately and not required.

If you want to be able to run your cable television through your system and enjoy good gaming, grab an Xbox One. The camera it comes with isn't worth the extra $100 no matter what anyone says. My PS4 has voice controls and gesture control via the OPTIONAL camera purchase and I never use either with the damn controller sitting directly next to me.

While the technology is cool, it's a far-cry from revolutionary and certainly isn't necessary for an extra fee.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
Wagen (11-29-2013)
Old 11-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #57
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

In fact, I am able to start a game, leave a game, enter the internet browser, leave the internet browser and re-enter the game, all with my voice. The PS4 comes with a headset and the camera can understand voice commands and gesture support with be patched in earlier. My voice control options will also be patched in later, and they said the PS4 could even support the same TV Guide options Xbox One has in the future with the release of an HDMI multi-port in the future.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #58
Wagen
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 25328
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
In fact, I am able to start a game, leave a game, enter the internet browser, leave the internet browser and re-enter the game, all with my voice. The PS4 comes with a headset and the camera can understand voice commands and gesture support with be patched in earlier. My voice control options will also be patched in later, and they said the PS4 could even support the same TV Guide options Xbox One has in the future with the release of an HDMI multi-port in the future.
I'm waiting for the Christmas Ruck and Maul to finish, and will get a PS4 in the new year.

I was undecided, but I am only really interested in using consoles for gaming, and the mandatory Kinect is a bit of a turn off for me.
Wagen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wagen For This Useful Post:
Bayz101 (11-29-2013)
Old 11-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #59
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
I'm waiting for the Christmas Ruck and Maul to finish, and will get a PS4 in the new year.

I was undecided, but I am only really interested in using consoles for gaming, and the mandatory Kinect is a bit of a turn off for me.
If you're a gamer, you won't be disappointed. Sony took a HUGE lead in the exclusive games department with PS3 in the end, as it did with overall sales and online service bonuses. They put out some of the best exclusive games of the generation, and they put them out one after another. While the trademark series (Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet) continued to dominate exclusive games, they even put out new exclusive titles such as Heavy Rain, The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls which have all been praised, two of which have won Game of the Year awards.

If Playstation 4 continues the Exclusive gaming trend it start with PS3, it'll dominate again, this time from the start. Couple that with the features it brings to the table AND Playstation Plus giving you free games and content every month, an it'll be hard to get a better deal for your money.

All i'm saying is this. Right now, Xbox One does a few things better than the Playstation 4 at launch, and with PS4 being the stronger console, it can undoubtedly do the same things Xbox One can do in the future. Right now, however, they are fully concentrated on creating the best gaming experience for us, and they are not shy about it, either.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
Wagen (11-29-2013)
Old 11-30-2013, 02:51 AM   #60
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,777 Times in 836 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:

Make sure to read up on the Xbox ONE as well. The PS4 is more powerful in the graphics department but that doesn't automatically mean it's the best gaming system out there. I'm buying both ultimately because each console has it's exclusive titles that I want to play but I've been mightily impressed with my Xbox ONE so far.

Don't let the Kinect discourage you. I hated the first Kinect that came out with the 360 and felt like it was a gimmick more than anything. The Kinect 2.0 that comes packaged with the Xbox ONE has a lot better technology powering it. It's actually quite refreshing to be able to command my system to do everything via voice commands and yet still have the option to do everything the old school way with a controller and/or a remote control. The added entertainment features are fantastic as well. I really wasn't so sure about hooking up my satellite TV to my Xbox ONE but decided to try it out and now I don't think I'd go back to having it separate. It's so nice to be able to check in on my favorite shows and switch between games to television on the fly with voice commands. You can literally tell it "Xbox watch NFL" and it jumps right to the NFL network. Much more fluid than searching around for a remote and fumbling through menus with the controller.

The Kinect also recognizes me when I sit down in front of my TV and turn my Xbox ONE on and it automatically logs me in based on facial recognition. No more dicking around with the sign in menu and selecting my profile, putting in passwords, etc... It just logs me in automatically. It's absolutely effortless. The Kinect is much improved over the older version and I honestly think developers might start taking it seriously this time around. It will be interesting to see how it gets utilized in games for this next generation.

If games are your thing you might consider the Xbox ONE first. The launch lineup is a little better than the Playstation's with a few more games to choose from, and Titanfall (which looks, AMAZING) is coming out in March 2014.

Ultimately it's your decision but I thought I'd just plead the XB1's case a little bit as I own it and I've been very happy with it so far. Can't go wrong with either and if you're planning on buying both, good on you because I don't do brand loyalty for anything other than cars myself. The future of gaming is bright indeed.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
Wagen (12-01-2013)