Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 06-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,012 Times in 3,168 Posts
Default $590 Million Powerball Winner Is an 84-Year-Old Woman

The winner of the huge Powerball jackpot is 84 years old - imagine being named in her will and sweating out what you will get after she has a new one written

An elderly Florida woman has claimed the $590 million Powerball bonanza and revealed that she bought the winning ticket when another person waiting to buy a ticket let her jump the line.

Gloria C. Mackenzie, 84, of Zephyrhills, Fla., was named the winner of the largest Powerball jackpot in history, but was not present at the televised press conference.

Florida Lottery officials read a statement from her in which the elderly woman said:

"We bought the winning ticket as a single ticket, even though we bought four other tickets before the drawing. While in line at Publix another lottery player was kind enough to let me go ahead of them in line to purchase the winning Quick Pick ticket. ...

"The winner opted to take the lump sum cash payout of $370.8 million, before taxes, instead of 30 annual payments of $19 million," lottery spokeswoman Cynthia O'Connell said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/powerball-r...0#.Ua-sdNj4Jr0

Bad karma for whomever let her jump the line the buy the winning ticket
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,085 Times in 2,521 Posts
My Mood: Cold
Default Re: $590 Million Powerball Winner Is an 84-Year-Old Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
The winner of the huge Powerball jackpot is 84 years old - imagine being named in her will and sweating out what you will get after she has a new one written

An elderly Florida woman has claimed the $590 million Powerball bonanza and revealed that she bought the winning ticket when another person waiting to buy a ticket let her jump the line.

Gloria C. Mackenzie, 84, of Zephyrhills, Fla., was named the winner of the largest Powerball jackpot in history, but was not present at the televised press conference.

Florida Lottery officials read a statement from her in which the elderly woman said:

"We bought the winning ticket as a single ticket, even though we bought four other tickets before the drawing. While in line at Publix another lottery player was kind enough to let me go ahead of them in line to purchase the winning Quick Pick ticket. ...

"The winner opted to take the lump sum cash payout of $370.8 million, before taxes, instead of 30 annual payments of $19 million," lottery spokeswoman Cynthia O'Connell said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/powerball-r...0#.Ua-sdNj4Jr0

She's my favorite great aunt

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,619 Times in 1,566 Posts

i have a grandma position open..wonder if she'd be interested...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (06-05-2013)
Old 06-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
jacobo
Team Captain

Member Number: 24766

so the winners are her teenage grandchildren.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post

reminds me of the time i was traveling up the interstate going to see a movie , when we hit a few miles of backed up accident traffic. one lane was moving slowly the other 2 not at all. guy in the moving lane stopped and let me in. just after the traffic cop let me go through he stopped the guy and everyone else to get the cleanup crew in position ... i made the movie just in time....poor bastard that let me in probably waited another hour....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
....poor bastard that let me in probably waited another hour....
AND missed the goddamned movie.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #8
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,376 Times in 2,716 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

damn. enjoy retirement, better late than never haha
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
AND missed the goddamned movie.
i was going to the movies , i don't know where that poor bastard was going but i do know it took him awhile to get there ...

Old 06-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #10
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i was going to the movies , i don't know where that poor bastard was going but i do know it took him awhile to get there ...
I meant he was probably headed to see the same movie and you fucked him royal out of seeing the surprise ending to "The Crying Game".

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote