Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #11
Steeldude
Living Legend

Default Re: Maybe replacing Harrison not daunting for Steelers, after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
everybody see's what they want to see

If Worilds gets bowled over on the edge like he did last year against the run, we are in deep shit
He plays the run better than Woodley.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:54 AM   #12
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
Jones hasn't done a thing yet. He could very well be another Richardson.
Good old Huey, wonder what he is up to these days?
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #13
VaDave
Team Owner

Member Number: 479
Thanked 2,121 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Good article. Another nice post from Hawaii- all part of the reason hes in my top 5 all time.

Hey guys, whats the best way to get stink out of tennis shoes?
Dryer Softener sheets like Bounce, or leaving them at the dump I learned this off of another Steeler Fan site):. Cleaning the dog doo of the bottoms may help.

As for replacing Harrison, the Harrison that left, was not the DOPY Harrison of 2008. We are replacing the 2011-2012 version with a younger, hopefully healthier unit. I can't help but think this is going to be an upgrade.
VaDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:33 AM   #14
VaDave
Team Owner

Member Number: 479
Thanked 2,121 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
He plays the run better than Woodley.
Per down played, Worilds has registered a higher percentage of tackles, but hasn't shown the knack for the big game changing play that Woodley has.

Most of my frustration with Woodley hasn't been so much about his weight, but having a guy that can be so disruptive when he wants to, settle for not doing much of anything for most of the game. Preferring to play patty cake with TEs and RBs for 20 plays or so a game, instead of blowing things up isn't getting things done IMO..
VaDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #15
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
Dryer Softener sheets like Bounce, or leaving them at the dump I learned this off of another Steeler Fan site):. Cleaning the dog doo of the bottoms may help.

As for replacing Harrison, the Harrison that left, was not the DOPY Harrison of 2008. We are replacing the 2011-2012 version with a younger, hopefully healthier unit. I can't help but think this is going to be an upgrade.
I agree with your comment about Harrison. Last year he was not in his DPOY form. His abilities were not on full display, and he hasn't been the same player recently. IMO the surgeries he had may have did him in. This probably caused a decline in his durability. And go figure he is a hard-hitting, bruising linebacker. That really takes its toll over the years. It's time the younger Steelers step in to his role. I'm anxious to see what Worilds and Jones have to offer. Who says a year from now they can't be similar to Harrison in terms of ability? Anything is possible.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sluggermatt15 For This Useful Post:
pczach (06-15-2013), VaDave (06-14-2013)
Old 06-15-2013, 06:51 AM   #16
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
Per down played, Worilds has registered a higher percentage of tackles, but hasn't shown the knack for the big game changing play that Woodley has.

Most of my frustration with Woodley hasn't been so much about his weight, but having a guy that can be so disruptive when he wants to, settle for not doing much of anything for most of the game. Preferring to play patty cake with TEs and RBs for 20 plays or so a game, instead of blowing things up isn't getting things done IMO..
TEs and RBs pretty much handle Woodley. I still scratch my head over that absurd contract they gave him.
sluggermatt15 (06-15-2013), SteelersRush (06-25-2013)
Old 06-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #17
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,804 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
TEs and RBs pretty much handle Woodley. I still scratch my head over that absurd contract they gave him.
We'll find out this year about the value of that contract. He better be strong from day one this year.
pczach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #18
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Quote:
When he should CLEARLY be running around and over those position players... I feel like he may be under some scrutiny if he does not perform in 2013. As you point out, talk about that contract might come up. He better keep his @$$ healthy and elevate his game. It's embarrassing if you can't get to the QB on a consistent basis when you're being paid that kind of $. With the Steelers' pass rush scheme and the function of the d-line to make holes for the LBs, there is no excuse. This leads me to say that sacks are something this team must pick up with greater regularity in order to be successful. Yes, we were the #1 overall defense last season. But that was based on yards allowed. Sacks, forced fumbles, interceptions are all greater measures of success, IMO.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #19
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,716 Times in 4,783 Posts

Quote:
Because from 2008 - 2010 he had 35 sacks. That's why they paid him.

In that span, Clay Matthews had 29.5 sacks. Terrell Suggs played two fewer games than LaMarr and registered 23.5 sacks. Tamba Hali played the same amount of games and registered 26 sacks. These are all players that are considered 'elite' at their position and are close to LaMarr's current contract.

In the 10 games he played in 2011 he registered 9 sacks, while playing two games after the Patriots game severely injured. So, he registered 9 sacks in the 8 games he was healthy.

But no, let's keeping hating on Woodley as if he hasn't accomplished anything in his career. In fact, let's trade the lazy prick.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #20
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,804 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Because from 2008 - 2010 he had 35 sacks. That's why they paid him.

In that span, Clay Matthews had 29.5 sacks. Terrell Suggs played two fewer games than LaMarr and registered 23.5 sacks. Tamba Hali played the same amount of games and registered 26 sacks. These are all players that are considered 'elite' at their position and are close to LaMarr's current contract.

In the 10 games he played in 2011 he registered 9 sacks, while playing two games after the Patriots game severely injured. So, he registered 9 sacks in the 8 games he was healthy.

But no, let's keeping hating on Woodley as if he hasn't accomplished anything in his career. In fact, let's trade the lazy prick.
I agree with you. Some fans are too hard on the guy. I think he has been a force for this team and at times has come up huge in big games. He has also put up great numbers and has had stretches of absolutely dominant play. Last year was a bad year. If he puts up another substandard year, he's going to hear about it. It's the nature of the game right now in the salary cap era.
pczach is online now   Reply With Quote