Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: Is Snowden a hero or a traitor?
Hero 5 100.00%
Traitor 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #1
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter
 
Vis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 7,566
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5117
Thanks: 602
Thanked 4,660 Times in 2,353 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Snowden poll

Hero or traitor?
__________________


All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter
 
Vis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 7,566
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5117
Thanks: 602
Thanked 4,660 Times in 2,353 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Snowden poll

Lots of views and no votes. Think of it this way, would you rather go back to a state of not knowing about Prism?
__________________


All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter
 
43Hitman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 5,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1251
Thanks: 2,278
Thanked 752 Times in 396 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Snowden poll

I voted, but I like what Snowden said best. "I'm neither hero nor traitor, I'm an American."
__________________


"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,313
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 724
Thanked 2,163 Times in 1,262 Posts
Default Re: Snowden poll

is he a new player on the steelers?

then im not following it... I live breathe, and shyt steeler football 24/7/365..

idk who snowden is.. but i can tell you what lamarr ate for breakfast lunch, and dinner... donuts, pancakes, waffles, sausage and bacon
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,313
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 724
Thanked 2,163 Times in 1,262 Posts
Default Re: Snowden poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
I voted, but I like what Snowden said best. "I'm neither hero nor traitor, I'm an American."
shouda said I'm an American Bad ass.

ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,088
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 860
Thanked 3,525 Times in 1,531 Posts
Default Re: Snowden poll

shit like this NEEDS to become public knowledge... everybody is SLOWLY starting to realize that the ELECTED scum in DC has an agenda. they are starting to realize that maybe those conspiracy theory , militia nut jobs aren't so crazy after all...what has me scratching my head is that despite knowing that the 2 party's are trampling the constitution , people keep fighting and voting to keep them in power instead of trying to get more options at the poll.....
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
43Hitman (06-17-2013), Buddha Bus (06-17-2013), pczach (06-18-2013)
Old 06-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #8
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Supporter
 
Lokki's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MS Gulf Coast
Posts: 1,409
Member Number: 17947
Thanks: 1,533
Thanked 1,879 Times in 714 Posts
My Mood: Cynical
Default Re: Snowden poll

I'm torn on this. I work in the Computer Security field and I am fully aware of stuff like this. I'm actually surprised that so many people were so oblivious to this kind of stuff. There are many that still are. It isn't limited to Verizon or even AT&T.

However, I've had to go through the same background checks that he did, for the same clearances. What he did was a huge no-no when working for the Government.

I can see where he had second thoughts about if what he was doing was right. Many years ago I was a contractor and worked as a Sys Admin for some weapons programs for the Air Force. When the 2nd Gulf War broke out after 9/11, we were watching the bombs dropping in Iraq in our big conference room. The guys that I worked there with recognized those as the JDAM bombs, which was one of the weapons programs that I worked for. My supervisor left the company shortly after. At his going away, I asked him why he was leaving and he was really conflicted about working in support of weapons that were actively killing people. The job was fine when it was just developing and testing.
__________________
Lokki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #9
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,088
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 860
Thanked 3,525 Times in 1,531 Posts
Default Re: Snowden poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokki View Post
I'm torn on this. I work in the Computer Security field and I am fully aware of stuff like this. I'm actually surprised that so many people were so oblivious to this kind of stuff. There are many that still are. It isn't limited to Verizon or even AT&T.

However, I've had to go through the same background checks that he did, for the same clearances. What he did was a huge no-no when working for the Government.

I can see where he had second thoughts about if what he was doing was right. Many years ago I was a contractor and worked as a Sys Admin for some weapons programs for the Air Force. When the 2nd Gulf War broke out after 9/11, we were watching the bombs dropping in Iraq in our big conference room. The guys that I worked there with recognized those as the JDAM bombs, which was one of the weapons programs that I worked for. My supervisor left the company shortly after. At his going away, I asked him why he was leaving and he was really conflicted about working in support of weapons that were actively killing people. The job was fine when it was just developing and testing.
working towards the defense of the country and keeping projects secret is one thing , but spying and conspiring against your employers (citizens/voters) and knowingly breaking your oath and laws of the land (the constitution) is another.
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #10
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter
 
Vis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 7,566
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5117
Thanks: 602
Thanked 4,660 Times in 2,353 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Snowden poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
shit like this NEEDS to become public knowledge... everybody is SLOWLY starting to realize that the ELECTED scum in DC has an agenda. they are starting to realize that maybe those conspiracy theory , militia nut jobs aren't so crazy after all...what has me scratching my head is that despite knowing that the 2 party's are trampling the constitution , people keep fighting and voting to keep them in power instead of trying to get more options at the poll.....
It isn't the elected ones who do this, it's the career spooks. It's the elected ones who see it and are more afraid of an attack on their watch than of an ACLU suit. The question will always be if anyone elected who then gets the intel will ask for that intel to stop.
__________________


All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts