Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: Is Snowden a hero or a traitor?
Hero 5 100.00%
Traitor 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #1
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,660 Times in 2,353 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Snowden poll

Hero or traitor?

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Default Re: Snowden poll

Lots of views and no votes. Think of it this way, would you rather go back to a state of not knowing about Prism?

Old 06-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

I voted, but I like what Snowden said best. "I'm neither hero nor traitor, I'm an American."

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,163 Times in 1,262 Posts

is he a new player on the steelers?

then im not following it... I live breathe, and shyt steeler football 24/7/365..

idk who snowden is.. but i can tell you what lamarr ate for breakfast lunch, and dinner... donuts, pancakes, waffles, sausage and bacon
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,163 Times in 1,262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
I voted, but I like what Snowden said best. "I'm neither hero nor traitor, I'm an American."
shouda said I'm an American Bad ass.

ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,525 Times in 1,531 Posts

shit like this NEEDS to become public knowledge... everybody is SLOWLY starting to realize that the ELECTED scum in DC has an agenda. they are starting to realize that maybe those conspiracy theory , militia nut jobs aren't so crazy after all...what has me scratching my head is that despite knowing that the 2 party's are trampling the constitution , people keep fighting and voting to keep them in power instead of trying to get more options at the poll.....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
43Hitman (06-17-2013), Buddha Bus (06-17-2013), pczach (06-18-2013)
Old 06-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #8
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Supporter

Member Number: 17947
Thanked 1,879 Times in 714 Posts
My Mood: Cynical

I'm torn on this. I work in the Computer Security field and I am fully aware of stuff like this. I'm actually surprised that so many people were so oblivious to this kind of stuff. There are many that still are. It isn't limited to Verizon or even AT&T.

However, I've had to go through the same background checks that he did, for the same clearances. What he did was a huge no-no when working for the Government.

I can see where he had second thoughts about if what he was doing was right. Many years ago I was a contractor and worked as a Sys Admin for some weapons programs for the Air Force. When the 2nd Gulf War broke out after 9/11, we were watching the bombs dropping in Iraq in our big conference room. The guys that I worked there with recognized those as the JDAM bombs, which was one of the weapons programs that I worked for. My supervisor left the company shortly after. At his going away, I asked him why he was leaving and he was really conflicted about working in support of weapons that were actively killing people. The job was fine when it was just developing and testing.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #9
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,525 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokki View Post
I'm torn on this. I work in the Computer Security field and I am fully aware of stuff like this. I'm actually surprised that so many people were so oblivious to this kind of stuff. There are many that still are. It isn't limited to Verizon or even AT&T.

However, I've had to go through the same background checks that he did, for the same clearances. What he did was a huge no-no when working for the Government.

I can see where he had second thoughts about if what he was doing was right. Many years ago I was a contractor and worked as a Sys Admin for some weapons programs for the Air Force. When the 2nd Gulf War broke out after 9/11, we were watching the bombs dropping in Iraq in our big conference room. The guys that I worked there with recognized those as the JDAM bombs, which was one of the weapons programs that I worked for. My supervisor left the company shortly after. At his going away, I asked him why he was leaving and he was really conflicted about working in support of weapons that were actively killing people. The job was fine when it was just developing and testing.
working towards the defense of the country and keeping projects secret is one thing , but spying and conspiring against your employers (citizens/voters) and knowingly breaking your oath and laws of the land (the constitution) is another.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #10
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
shit like this NEEDS to become public knowledge... everybody is SLOWLY starting to realize that the ELECTED scum in DC has an agenda. they are starting to realize that maybe those conspiracy theory , militia nut jobs aren't so crazy after all...what has me scratching my head is that despite knowing that the 2 party's are trampling the constitution , people keep fighting and voting to keep them in power instead of trying to get more options at the poll.....
It isn't the elected ones who do this, it's the career spooks. It's the elected ones who see it and are more afraid of an attack on their watch than of an ACLU suit. The question will always be if anyone elected who then gets the intel will ask for that intel to stop.