Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 07-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #41
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 6,054 Times in 2,525 Posts
Default Re: Big Ben wants more Super Bowls than Terry Bradshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I think what Lloydwoodson might think, is that IF Ben had the work ethic and studied the game like say Eli Manning, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees.........then he might already have as many super bowls as Terry Bradshaw.
That would really be something considering Lloydwoodson believes he's an above average QB at best. When you take into account that Terry Bradshaw played with the greatest amount of talent ever assembled on a football field, and the greatest team ever in the history of football, he must not have a high opinion of Bradshaw. If he doesn't think Roethlisberger is really that great, he would have to think that the supporting cast around Big Ben has been much better than the 70's Steelers. That would be the only explanation for thinking he would win more Super Bowls than a Hall of Fame QB that played on a field covered in Steeler HOF players. Because he always says Ben is not an elite QB.

Thanks for considering what Lloyd said, and responding. I just don't think that it would make sense based on Lloydwoodson's comments about Ben. I guess Lloyd will have to explain. Maybe he thinks he's done, that he has nothing left.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pczach For This Useful Post:
fansince'76 (07-04-2013), WVABE (07-04-2013)
Old 07-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #42
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Terry Bradshaw (who I also dont like on account of his extraordinary hypocrisy) at least had a league leading offense. Roethlisberger really has not put his stamp on the team like homers pretend he has.

The point was made that if Roethlisberger had truly wanted more superbowls he would have been more disciplined. I am happy I got to see my favourite team win the superbowl twice. This doesnt happen for everyone a lot of fans have never seen their favourite team win it all (in your face Cleveland/Seattle/Cinci).

Defending a childish statement from Ben has no bearing on whether the Steelers succeed. Ben wants more superbowls and Flacco will never win one yadda yadda yadda.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #43
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
It was Bill Cowher's team, that's why.
Please. If it were up to Cowher, we'd have drafted Shawn Andrews in the first round in '04 instead and we'd still be stuck on Lombardi number 4. What's more, if it were Cowher's team in '08, Harrison would have still been rotting on the bench and the INT return in XLIII more than likely never happens.

Last edited by fansince'76; 07-04-2013 at 11:17 PM.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #44
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Roethlisberger really has not put his stamp on the team like homers pretend he has.
Likewise, the folks who constantly criticize and marginalize his contributions to this team over the past 9 seasons and seem to think we would have gotten rings 5 and 6 without him no sweat are every bit as delusional as they claim the "homers" to be.
The Following User Says Thank You to fansince'76 For This Useful Post:
pczach (07-05-2013)
Old 07-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #45
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,093 Times in 764 Posts

As long as his aorta doesn't try and asplode again Ben should be primed for a good year.

he's seen enough of the wife and kid, time to get back to being the hero

Run Ben Run!

throw it deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

fuck Haley!

can I get an Amen
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #46
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Likewise, the folks who constantly criticize and marginalize his contributions to this team over the past 9 seasons and seem to think we would have gotten rings 5 and 6 without him no sweat are every bit as delusional as they claim the "homers" to be.
The Steelers DID win SB XL without him. I know I know... they wouldnt have gotten there without him. There is no prize for second place ask Jim Kelly.

Roethlisberger played excellent against the Cards (though not even close to Warner.)

Bottom line: Roethlisberger is 0 for 3 just MAKING the playoffs without a top 5 defense- yes he is the only qb in NFL history to have a top 5 defense during 2/3 of his career.

While Roethlisberger has improved individually the offense as a unit is still average at best.

Defense won those championships. Period. "Oh however could we have found another qb to throw 1 td pass in 2 Superbowl wins?!"

Old 07-05-2013, 01:02 AM   #47
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
The Steelers DID win SB XL without him. I know I know... they wouldnt have gotten there without him. There is no prize for second place ask Jim Kelly.

Roethlisberger played excellent against the Cards (though not even close to Warner.)

Bottom line: Roethlisberger is 0 for 3 just MAKING the playoffs without a top 5 defense- yes he is the only qb in NFL history to have a top 5 defense during 2/3 of his career.

While Roethlisberger has improved individually the offense as a unit is still average at best.

Defense won those championships. Period. "Oh however could we have found another qb to throw 1 td pass in 2 Superbowl wins?!"
Yep. Certainly explains the plethora of Super Bowl titles we racked up with all those top-flight defenses ('94, '95., '97, '01) when O'Donnell and Stewart were under center...

And of course the average offensive performances had absolutely nothing to do with consistently fielding one of the worst offensive lines in the league year after year after year, with the '08 team earning the dubious distinction of fielding the worst offensive line by a Super Bowl champion in the game's history (and it's really not even close). It's all down to Roethlisberger's shitty work ethic.

Bottom line, the defense has consistently outperformed the offense because lately that's where the vast majority of the team's money is spent. When you're devoting 2/3 of your cap space to one side of the ball, it damn well better be carrying a bigger share of the load a majority of the time.

Last edited by fansince'76; 07-05-2013 at 01:22 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fansince'76 For This Useful Post:
Bayz101 (07-05-2013), BLACK_AND_YELLOW (07-06-2013), Gnutella (07-05-2013), pczach (07-05-2013)
Old 07-05-2013, 01:31 AM   #48
SteelCurtainKop
Water Boy

Member Number: 24920

If he get's one more I'd be happy as hell. Don't mean to be a pessimist, but we aren't favorites to win the Lombardi this year.
SteelCurtainKop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelCurtainKop For This Useful Post:
pczach (07-05-2013)
Old 07-05-2013, 06:03 AM   #49
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 6,054 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote:
Terry Bradshaw (who I also dont like on account of his extraordinary hypocrisy) at least had a league leading offense. Roethlisberger really has not put his stamp on the team like homers pretend he has.

The point was made that if Roethlisberger had truly wanted more superbowls he would have been more disciplined. I am happy I got to see my favourite team win the superbowl twice. This doesnt happen for everyone a lot of fans have never seen their favourite team win it all (in your face Cleveland/Seattle/Cinci).

Defending a childish statement from Ben has no bearing on whether the Steelers succeed. Ben wants more superbowls and Flacco will never win one yadda yadda yadda.
Liking Bradshaw has nothing to do with the discussion. He played with the best defense of all time for most of his career. Not arguable.

As for your second point, I guess he could have played harder. Because everyone knows he doesn't give absolutely everything he has, every time he's on the field . It's the one thing nobody disputes about Roethlisberger, his will to win. It's not a coincidence that many fans never see their team win a Super Bowl. It's very hard to win even one. You also always manage to skip over the answer to the question about the difference in talent from the 70's team. How convenient.

It's funny how you always praise Mike Wallace for what he contributed here, with his shitty attitude and work ethic, but go out of your way to bash Big Ben every time you post. Ben has more will to win in his pinky than Wallace has in his whole body, but I guess you just don't see the hipocracy in your evaluations of players.

Saying he wants to win more Super Bowls than Bradshaw isn't childish, it's called ambition. You see it differently because you want to see it that way. There's nothing childish about a two time champion wanting more championships. If he said anything else you would kill him for it, and you know it.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #50
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Yep. Certainly explains the plethora of Super Bowl titles we racked up with all those top-flight defenses ('94, '95., '97, '01) when O'Donnell and Stewart were under center...

And of course the average offensive performances had absolutely nothing to do with consistently fielding one of the worst offensive lines in the league year after year after year, with the '08 team earning the dubious distinction of fielding the worst offensive line by a Super Bowl champion in the game's history (and it's really not even close). It's all down to Roethlisberger's shitty work ethic.

Bottom line, the defense has consistently outperformed the offense because lately that's where the vast majority of the team's money is spent. When you're devoting 2/3 of your cap space to one side of the ball, it damn well better be carrying a bigger share of the load a majority of the time.
Umm the Steelers let their offensive players go after their rookie contracts often. If they had kept Plax, Holmes, Faneca and Wallace their salaries would be through the roof. There has been ample talent on offense for the duration of Roethlisbergers career. Yeah, the Steelers OL was so much worse than that famous AZ OL.

"I just wuv Ben so much. He wants a million billion superbowls. What a competitor no one else wants superbowls."

Roethlisberger has already had as many top 10 defenses as Bradshaw had. If you dont think Roethlisberger has more defensive help than any qb in the league you need addictions counselling.

"Ben, we need 20 points a game and you will win 80% of the time. Can you be the hero these homers deserve?"