Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #31
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Re: States consider drug testing welfare recipients

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
right, better leave them no legal way to eat so they do something illegal. Then someone gets hurt and/or they go to jail and get so much more tax payer money spent on them. It busts the budget but it draws a clear line between the rich drug user getting laughs in the football forum from the scum with food stamps.
So you're essentially saying tax payers need to pay criminals not to commit crimes... or else.... they're going to commit crimes.
Do you understand or comprehend how twisted and backwards that is?
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #32
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 6,310 Times in 2,985 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATS16N0 View Post
And college should be free just like in Germany

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #33
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
So you're essentially saying tax payers need to pay criminals not to commit crimes... or else.... they're going to commit crimes.
Do you understand or comprehend how twisted and backwards that is?
No, I'm saying people shouldn't be starved to the point of desperation so someone can sound tough in a political campaign

For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #34
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
No, I'm saying people shouldn't be starved to the point of desperation so someone can sound tough in a political campaign

For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’.
I bet you don't even pay taxes.

I probably pay for your internet.

Americans should take a year vacation, live off their gardens, and let the meth addicts starve to death.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #35
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
I bet you don't even pay taxes.

I probably pay for your internet.

Americans should take a year vacation, live off their gardens, and let the meth addicts starve to death.
Are we comparing wallet size now? You must be so proud of that attack.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #36
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

I've had good financial times and bad, and hold nothing against anyone who has fallen on hard times. I also believe in social safety nets.

However, what you think it simply disgusting, where law abiding, hard working tax payers need to pay for and sustain the scum of the earth perpetually, no matter how perpetually worthless they are as human beings.

I don't owe shit-bags their dinner, period, and I definitely don't owe them dinner for life.

Your opinions on this matter, and virtually all others, are so vile and backwards and irresponsible that I can only sum them up as some sort of psychological malfunction.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:24 AM   #37
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,467 Times in 2,382 Posts

Quote:
right, better leave them no legal way to eat so they do something illegal. Then someone gets hurt and/or they go to jail and get so much more tax payer money spent on them. It busts the budget but it draws a clear line between the rich drug user getting laughs in the football forum from the scum with food stamps.

Because all drugs are legal.

Quote:
But I'll support every such bill that includes testing of every elected official who shall be stripped of office for a positive test. Of course it would be defeated by quite a margin.
Why expose them to that kind of embarrassment?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #38
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,828 Posts

Quote:

is that a bible verse ?....... ...hey that reminds me why churches are tax exempt. because its assumed that all those "donations" , are dispersed to people in need.
but instead they throw millions of dollars to try to squash gay marriage in california...
Quote:
In the five years since the LDS church sent busloads of the faithful to California to canvass neighborhoods, and contributed more than $20 million via its members to support the initiative, it has all but dropped the rope in the public policy tug of war over marriage equality. The change stems from an even more remarkable if somewhat invisible transformation happening within the church, prompted by the ugly fight over Prop. 8 and the ensuing backlash from the flock.
or run the church like fortune 500 companies buying up land and other assets.
but thats another debate.

like i said, myself and tens of millions of other americans are subjected to random drug testing to keep the checks coming in , so why should they be any different ?
as far as them "starving" , and resorting to crime , well they could always try one of the other options... get a job ...or quit doing drugs.
i used to partake of mary jane myself years ago , i had to make a choice , keep smoking dope and eventually fail a drug test and lose my job ....or quit smoking dope.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #39
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,467 Times in 2,382 Posts

Quote:
i had to make a choice , keep smoking dope and eventually fail a drug test and lose my job ....or quit smoking dope.
That must have been quite an embarrassment.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:28 AM   #40
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
That must have been quite an embarrassment.
one time i was working at a paper mill. all the construction workers had to park in a parking lot about 2 miles away and ride buses into the mill. about halfway to the job all the buses pulled off the road where 5 porta johns were lined up with a woman in a white doctors coat was standing beside each one. they called out names and if you were lucky enough to get called you exited the bus to a loud cheer from your coworkers and they took bets on weather or not you'd pass. you had to show the woman your id ,you got your cup and the nazi bastards wouldn't even let you shut the door ...of course lucky me got called...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote