Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-30-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,473 Times in 7,381 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Florio: Botched FG call

We already know this... but, he's another article on the botched calls.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...into-playoffs/
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
SteelersCanada (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #2
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Default Re: Florio: Botched FG call

They are tkmg about it right now on NFL Network.
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
SteelersCanada (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

The NFL is a joke.. They have the worst officiating of any major professional sport, and it's not even close. Don't tell me the game is too fast either. It's like slow motion compared to the NHL The NHL refs catch a lot of heat and screw up as well, but they're far more consistent than the NFL jokers. The NFL has referees that don't even know the fucking rules.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:47 AM   #4
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,038 Times in 546 Posts

NBA is the worst officiating in sports. The system they run in the NFL is garbage. All these damn replays and horseshit stoppages from that fucking moron and all these stupid ass owners who agree with everything this asshole puts on the table. They have over complicated every god damn play and call to the point where no one knows what the hell anything is.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:49 AM   #5
Cyphon
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24613

I think the article kind of clears the refs names a little. It is a new rule. People shouldn't forget that.

I know I know....I give the refs shit a lot to but in all fairness Goodell and the competition committee don't exactly make it easy on them by adding 10 new rules each season and completely altering how the game of football is played and officiated.

I think it is on the league to add more officials, add more training, add them full time or whatever. The refs are making some huge errors this season and that just isn't good for the game.
Cyphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:03 AM   #6
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphon View Post
I think the article kind of clears the refs names a little. It is a new rule. People shouldn't forget that.

I know I know....I give the refs shit a lot to but in all fairness Goodell and the competition committee don't exactly make it easy on them by adding 10 new rules each season and completely altering how the game of football is played and officiated.

I think it is on the league to add more officials, add more training, add them full time or whatever. The refs are making some huge errors this season and that just isn't good for the game.
All the stupid new rules are part of the problem. If they want to dumb down the rulebook, that would be fine by me. But if they put the fucking rule in there, you expect them to enforce it. It's not even a judgement call. There's nothing to interpret. It's a black and white, cut and dry rule violation. The Patriots lost to the Jets on a brand new rule enforcement earlier this year. You have to figure at least some of the NFL refs would have caught it.. But because there is so much inconsistency from one ref crew to another, we are out of the playoffs.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #7
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphon View Post

Isn't it their job to know the rules?

That'd be like a surgeon saying: "Sorry about your mom, Johnny. There's all this new equipment... so much new technology to learn."
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-30-2013), CanSteel7 (12-30-2013), desertsteel (12-30-2013), FanSince72 (12-31-2013), Sharkissle29 (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #8
StanDiego
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 25681

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post

That'd be like a surgeon saying: "Sorry about your mom, Johnny. There's all this new equipment... so much new technology to learn."
the refs are terrible league wide. Any team can point to any number of plays where the refs screwed them or helped them. It was just a few weeks ago where the refs let the steelers coach interfere with a run back and didn't flag the team. The refs are a joke. I personally liked the replacement refs better.
StanDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #9
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanDiego View Post
the refs are terrible league wide. Any team can point to any number of plays where the refs screwed them or helped them. It was just a few weeks ago where the refs let the steelers coach interfere with a run back and didn't flag the team. The refs are a joke. I personally liked the replacement refs better.
And the Steelers were penalized a draft pick, and had the Ravens won, Goodell said he would have awarded the Ravens the victory.

Will Goodell award the Chiefs the victory? Will San Diego be fined a draft pick?

No & no... so, stop complaining.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #10
Cyphon
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24613

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post

I agree with you. I am just saying that the league doesn't exactly make it easy on them either.

They aren't full time like surgeons so it isn't the only thing they do or study or what have you.
Cyphon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyphon For This Useful Post:
teegre (12-30-2013)