Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #161
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,665 Times in 2,000 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: How to expose a moron on an internet message board

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEW View Post
My first post!

Below are the totals for each of Big Ben's, Tom Brady's, and Peyton Manning's first 8 years of service in the NFL. I had this in an excel spreadsheet with each season's statistics laid out. I couldnt properly transfer the data over to the post so I decided to just lay out the totals. You be the judge. If you really want the document, I would be willing to email it to you.

Big Ben:

GP: 113
COMP: 2067
ATT: 3273
COMP%: 63.15
YARDS: 26,358
YPA: 8.13
TD: 165
TD%: 5.04%
INT: 100
INT%: 3.06%
FUM: 38
RATING: 93.16

Tom Brady:

GP: 112
COMP: 2294
ATT: 3642
COMP%: 62.99%
YARDS: 26,360
YPA: 7.23
TD: 197
TD%: 5.41%
INT: 86
INT%: 2.36%
FUM: 47
RATING: 86.31

Peyton Manning

GP: 128
COMP: 2769
ATT: 4333
COMP%: 63.9%
YARDS: 33,189
YPA: 7.65
TD: 244
TD%: 5.63%
INT: 130
INT%: 3.00%
FUM: 26
RATING: 94.21
What the hell are you doing bringing facts into this thread!?

Nice post man! Thanks for the information. Welcome to the forum.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #162
CNEW
Team Captain

Member Number: 25021

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas.
CNEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #163
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,831 Times in 2,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
What the hell are you doing bringing facts into this thread!?

Nice post man! Thanks for the information. Welcome to the forum.
Come on man! No egging on the homer fan boys.

Welcome to the board and nice first post.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MACH1 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (07-10-2013), pczach (07-10-2013)
Old 07-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #164
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsteelers View Post
Yup bringing up stats about the quarterback and talking postively about him is being a homer.
the same thing could be said in mannings losses, rodgers, and brady.. all had games with either pick 6s or turnovers... sometimes the defense can pick the offense up, other times it cant... i'd say the the offense picked up the defense last drive of Super Bowl XLIII..but that wont count

But you talk trash about him and your realistic? So what does that make you every Sunday when you root for the Steelers? maybe a hyopcrite? go root for quarterback friendly saints, no harm there.

Or let me guess you cheer for the other 20+ guys on the field except him? Like stated earlier it seems you would rather see Ben throw an int late ala (dallas, bengals) then see him throw a game winning td to prove your point. so you come on here and say I told ya so and blah blah blah ... Cut off your nose spite your face logic.

Since you seem to be a Brady, Brees and Manning fan boy, figure I can give you some sites to go praise your boys at
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-.../messageboard/ (im sure nepats could make you a mod over there with some pull)
http://blackandgold.com/saints/
People like you are why Steelers fans are so hated. I can honestly say Roethlisberger has no business being mentioned in the same category as Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers. Those are the elite 4. There is no 5. An elite 5 is a product of human beings succumbing to their pattern-forming behaviours.

Just because Roethlisberger has 2 Superbowls does not make him elite. Eli Manning has 2 Superbowls and is not elite. Yes, Eli beat Brady but it is a crapshoot as to whether his team will even make the playoffs one year to the next. Brady is bad against the Ravens and the Giants they have his number. Joe Montana got destroyed by the Giants- they had his number.

Roethlisberger's offenses have not been top 10 for 5 seasons in a row now. His best season was his second when he was still a game manager. The Steelers scored 389 points that year. O'Donnell's offense scored 407 in '95. (The Pats scored 557 points last season by example).

Know what the top 4 have in common? (Besides MVP awards, Superbowl MVP awards, and countless Probowl trips). They have all had a league leading offense which has scored more than 500 points in a season. Roethlisberger can not crack 400.

There is a reason why the Steelers play a conservative style of football- THE DEFENSE IS THE STRENGTH OF THE TEAM. You can keep deceiving yourselves in the face of reality but Roethlisberger throws the ball 35+ times per game and the Steelers offense is every bit as aggressive of any team outside of New Orleans and Detroit.

The op tore into a poster for stating that the Steelers' offense sucks and therefore Roethlisberger sucks as well. The Steelers offense does suck. It has for a long time. How many people are content with the way the offense has performed over the last 5 seasons? Who deserves more blame than the quarterback for a failing offense?

And I do root for the Saints because I have family there and some of their close friends died in Hurricane Katrina. Stay classy.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #165
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

I have defended Ben to LW many times. He obviously has personal issues with BB, which is his right. I am sure there are lots of fans that care not for Ben's offseason troubles, the rumor mill items that tell us that he is a poor team mate, a lazy student of the game, cannot get along with his new OC.

If you go completely by stats, then Ben is not the fantasy machine that a Brees, Brady, Peyton, Rogers, or even Stafford are. If you compare stats across the board Ben compares very well with any of these so called top tier QBs. If you base Bens first time in the SB then yes his stats are awful, but not so awful as to dismiss his play in that game and definitely not the three road playoff games that it took to get to that SB. LW is quick to point out Ben losing both playoff games that he attempted 40 passes, against Denver and Jaguars. But am I the only one to remember how bad the defense played against Denver, and we had the lead in the Jaguar game until Garrad ran through us late for the go ahead score. He loves to bring up Ben inability to score more than 20-21 points in a SB, but he has praised Eli for his tow SBs and he has yet to score more than 17-19 points. He loves to bring up Ben's interceptions yet if you compare Bens TD/Int ratio against our other SB winning QB Terry then you will find out very quickly that Ben has much better numbers. Finally Ben was forced to start in his rookie year for Cowher. Bill was one of the tightest offensive minded coaches ever. As long as his QB did not turn the ball over he depended on defense, ball control to win games. Bill played this way Ben's first two seasons. To be honest we have not changed much under Tomlin, Great defense and ball control, trouble is we no longer control the ball through rushing but with Bens ability to make plays.

Ben will likely be a HOF QB someday after his retirement. He is in the mix as one of the top 3-7 QBs in the game today, and that includes Peyton and Brady who both will be first ballot HOF entries. We do not now or ever play the type of offense that will put up a lot of points, at least not the type LW mentions. We have since the early 80s score more in the 21-25 ppg, and that is the Steeler way. We do not pass on first down like most of these other teams, we are more in line to run first down and its not a coincidence that Ben has thrown 40 times or more in the playoffs only twice. That is not the Steeler way, But Ben fits the Steeler way and only after he is gone will he be appreciated much like Terry Bradshaw is now.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ricco Suavez For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (07-10-2013), pczach (07-10-2013), teegre (07-10-2013)
Old 07-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #166
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

David Garrard ran through the defense because Debo got held in a major way on the play. Should have been no gain. And don't forget Ben's pick 6 in that game please (followed by a pick in his own territory on the successive series leading to yet another TD for Jax).

All I hear is "Stats don't mean anything! Superbowl rings! " then when the stats fit your purpose (even the most abstract stats simply an 8 year sum of stats between 3 quarterbacks) "Hooray for stats! Look how great Ben is! "

Old 07-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #167
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Peyiton Manning Playoff record 9-11, Eight times one and done.
33 total TDs, 22 Ints, eight times multiple ints in a game. Once threw 4 ints and 3 ints in playoff games.

Am I wrong but is this not one of the best QBs of all time?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricco Suavez For This Useful Post:
teegre (07-10-2013)
Old 07-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #168
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

And another thing Ricco, during the same 5 year span where Pittsburgh's offenses have never cracked the top 10 in scoring New York's offenses have been top 10 every year. Eli Manning may not be an elite quarterback in my opinion but he runs an offense really really well which is after all a quarterback's job.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #169
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
David Garrard ran through the defense because Debo got held in a major way on the play. Should have been no gain. And don't forget Ben's pick 6 in that game please (followed by a pick in his own territory on the successive series leading to yet another TD for Jax).

All I hear is "Stats don't mean anything! Superbowl rings! " then when the stats fit your purpose (even the most abstract stats simply an 8 year sum of stats between 3 quarterbacks) "Hooray for stats! Look how great Ben is! "
Ben threw 3 Ints against the Jags in the first half and than played out of his mind the second half only to see the defense give it away late, (hold or not) and the defense just plain sucked against Tebow. Why is our QB held to a higher standard than everyone else?
Old 07-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #170
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
And another thing Ricco, during the same 5 year span where Pittsburgh's offenses have never cracked the top 10 in scoring New York's offenses have been top 10 every year. Eli Manning may not be an elite quarterback in my opinion but he runs an offense really really well which is after all a quarterback's job.
Superbowls scoring by the offense 17 and 19 against the very defense minded Patriots, yea he is soooooo much better. NOT.