Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-28-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Eagles Trade for Stallworth

Receiving-depleted Eagles get Stallworth from Saints
ESPN.com news services

He filled in well for Joe Horn in New Orleans, so the Eagles are hoping Donte' Stallworth can fill some big shoes in Philadelphia.

On Monday, the Eagles acquired the veteran wide receiver from the Saints for a conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2007 and linebacker Mark Simoneau. The trade is pending both players passing physicals with their new teams.

Stallworth caught a career-high 70 passes last season for 945 yards and seven touchdowns. The Saints' top receiver, Horn, missed a number of games with a hamstring injury, forcing New Orleans to look for alternatives. Stallworth stepped up, but with the return of Horn and the arrival of Saints first-round pick Reggie Bush -- who is expected to get plenty of touches -- the five-year veteran out of Tennessee became expendable.

He'll be counted on for plenty in Philadelphia, which has been searching for a reliable receiver since Terrell Owens was broke his leg last December. In the offseason, the controversial Owens was moved, ending up in Dallas. The Eagles' depth chart lists Todd Pinkston, who missed all of 2005 with a torn Achilles, and second-year player Reggie Brown as the starting wide receivers.

Simoneau is a seven-year veteran out of Kansas State.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2564338
Old 08-28-2006, 05:59 PM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Eagles Trade for Stallworth

That should be a nice signing for the Eagles - N.O are obviously hurting in the LB corps and are looking for a player who is solid enough to get plenty of reps from an elite team.

As a Patriots fan I was pretty interested in what Stallworth could bring to the table - not a genuine No.1 but someone who might have worked in a passing scheme that shares it around - not far removed from Philly I suppose.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:02 PM   #3
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

A hint that maybe New Orleans will be splitting Reggie Bush outwide a little more than we expected?
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:03 PM   #4
Da Question
Water Boy

Member Number: 2894

eagles got a good rookie from my home state in hank baskett. Hope his time dont get cut by getting stallworth.
Da Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:07 PM   #5
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
A hint that maybe New Orleans will be splitting Reggie Bush outwide a little more than we expected?
Reggie Bush will be put wherever the ball is about to go.

It will be interesting to see how he reacts to taking some big hits from LBers trying to make a name for themselves.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:22 PM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Good trade on both sides. I drafted Stallworth in a bunch of my FFL's as a second and third wideout and am glad he went to the Eagles. I like the McNabb/Stallworth combo.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:28 PM   #7
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Question View Post

eagles got a good rookie from my home state in hank baskett. Hope his time dont get cut by getting stallworth.
I'm thinking that's the case. The Eagles need receving

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:40 AM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,895 Times in 4,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Question View Post

im a hank baskett fan too. the chances are better that the eagles trade greg lewis to the vikings and keep baskett. i think hes earned his spot.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote